The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Car show pet peeves (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203)

Dougzilla 10-14-2009 7:13pm

Car show pet peeves

What do you dislike about car shows.

Clubs that vote for each other when others may deserve the award.

WKMCD 10-14-2009 7:25pm

My car's more hot rod than show car but I've spectated at a few shows where the winner looked like a JC Whitney catalog with every bolt and glued on piece of crap all over it.

PortDawg 10-14-2009 9:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzilla (Post 2298)
What do you dislike about car shows.

Clubs that vote for each other when others may deserve the award.

Winner

/thread

C5 BEARSFAN 10-14-2009 10:24pm

The mustang class

when they give more than one award to one person for different catagories

when the judges dont have a clue what class to put your car in and for not know anything about the cars when judging them

when they do not put cars in classes and all makes and models are everywhere making it real hard to judge others cars fairly

the stupid stuffed kids leaning on the car with its head down

the people that put 6 bottles of tirefoam/armorall on the tires leaving nice black shinny spots on the parking lot

to name a few

MYSCZ06 10-14-2009 10:47pm

using springs to keep your hood up
unfinished cars
location of event- went to one show grass was 2 ft tall
putting liquor bottles as part of your display---half empty at that

Vet4jdc 10-15-2009 6:37am

I hate when they ask you at the end of the show to be careful leaving and "don't spin your tires going out of the parking lot!"

:drivingskid::drivingskid::drivingskid:

Z06Joe 10-15-2009 6:45am

My biggest issue is when the hosting club sweeps the show..... IMHO.... the host club should simply display their cars. That way it will bring in more people for years to come.

TR6speed 10-15-2009 7:05am

I attend shows in the area and the ones that are the best are when the host club judges the cars and their club cars are not in the event. The shows where each participant goes around and judges is not my favorite. You find that in many cases, either a club with a large group ends up winning, or you find that people simply select cars that are located close to them, that way they don't have to walk around to every car especially if it is a large show.
To truly judge a show, the judges should be assigned a specific class, such as C5 97-00. If you can, try and have two judges per class that way one may notice something that the other missed and they can discuss it.
Well I guess I went a little beyond the actual topic, sorry.

DropTheTop 10-15-2009 7:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06Joe (Post 2352)
My biggest issue is when the hosting club sweeps the show..... IMHO.... the host club should simply display their cars. That way it will bring in more people for years to come.

:withstupid: It's ridiculous!

Sneaks 10-15-2009 7:50am

Clubs that sweep the show they are putting on
Corvette Central/Ecklers corvettes, every darn thing they can glue, bolt, screw on

Culookin 10-15-2009 8:04am

When cars like Gary's or Illmac's are in my same class :banghead: :D
x2 on the stick on crap
All those damn fingerprints! Especially on my wheels, seriously, who touches someone's wheels?
Hot chicks walking around with douchebags...

DropTheTop 10-15-2009 8:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culookin (Post 2391)
x2 on the stick on crap
All those damn fingerprints! Especially on my wheels, seriously, who touches someone's wheels?

Yep - forgot about that one!

Z06Joe 10-15-2009 9:38am

Quote:

x2 on the stick on crap

I agree.... not sure why people feel compelled to touch the car.... almost as if it's not real..... well let me tell you.... it's real so DON'T FREAK'N TOUCH IT....... :nutkick:

zz4vetteguy 10-15-2009 12:52pm

I think everyone else has already hit the nail on the head, so I am sure what I have is just repeats...

Members of the hosting club winning awards...if you are a member of the hosting club, you should be exhibition only.

People's choice awards...or for some shows I like to call it, who has more friends show up to the show.

Show cars that don't go...sure they look nice, but if it can't even get from the trailer to the show spot under it's own power.

Open shows with no classes...a 1940's Buick Roadmaster should not be judged against a 2008 3500 Silverado

Judges who know nothing about cars...(sorry guys) the blonde bimbo in the bikini who picks a car for first place cause "it's cute" should not be judging.

Having to be in the same class as Gary. :monkey:

Dougzilla 10-15-2009 4:59pm

Quote:

x2 on the stick on crap
All those damn fingerprints! Especially on my wheels, seriously, who touches someone's wheels ?

Boy I almost forgot about this one. Nothing like working for hours to get a car clean and 1 sec for a kid to put there grubby paws all over everthing.

Another thing Parents that cant control thier kids. I know there is more.

71corv 10-15-2009 7:29pm

I have to agree with everyone about the host club winning all the awards. This only happens at all corvette shows. All the other shows I go to, the sponsoring club does not bring their cars.

Gene :yesnod:

WKMCD 10-15-2009 7:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06Joe (Post 2412)
I agree.... not sure why people feel compelled to touch the car.... almost as if it's not real..... well let me tell you.... it's real so DON'T FREAK'N TOUCH IT....... :nutkick:

I love it when they tell the kids to lean on the car so they can get a pic. :boxing:

Eagleeye 10-15-2009 8:15pm

Only cruise-ins now...most all the judged "shows" became a boring farce to stand around waiting for a $9.00 trophy to clutter up my garage with ! I like Sat. night cruises ending in a beer-b-que better....

Mike Mercury 10-15-2009 9:16pm

early start times. I've made that complaint before :)

8am registration... WTF? An open letter to car club members. - Corvette Forum

zz4vetteguy 10-15-2009 9:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 2545)
early start times. I've made that complaint before :)

8am registration... WTF? An open letter to car club members. - Corvette Forum

I know what you mean....it does get harder to get up in the morning as you get older. :roll:

BTW, nice bunny. :takdir:

MYSCZ06 10-16-2009 12:15am

hahaha good post...I liked that first repsonce..drive up night before hotel wake up 7:59 mouthwash problem solved...lol

Toque 10-18-2009 9:33am

Let me see..... Pet Peeve's at car shows.

1.) When Mike Illmac77 shows up and I know I'm going to loose. Joking...:p
2.) People showing up with a BRAND new ZR1 with window stickers on the window and get mad if they don't win 1st place (Mike and i witnessed that). Mike got 1st place :takdir:
3.) People that go to Wal Mart /Pep Boys and stick on crap all over there car.
4.) Painted engine bay's parts that have the paint chipping away, and take 1st place. :wtf:
5.) Fat chicks.
6.) Hot chicks with freak BF's. You just can't imagine them giving it up to them. :wtf:....
7.) People who bring all there trophy's to the show. The only trophy I ever brought to a show is one I won in 2006 for a Dyno day at LG's I won for highest N/A horsepower. :D I even beat out all the new 06 Z's. :D
8.) Flashing lights and Flashing LED's all over the car and engine bay.
9.) Folks with the baby doll leaning face forward into the side of the car. :wtf:

Honestly I don't car about winning anything. Sure I clean up my car for the show. I mostly like to go to chat with my friends and see some custom work other folks did to there car. I cheer them on if they win an award !

Toque

Dougzilla 10-18-2009 12:09pm

Thought of another one. Playing fifties music all day till your ears bleed.

zz4vetteguy 10-18-2009 7:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzilla (Post 3114)

People in the show that blare their music and have their bass thumping so you can't even hold a conversation

Z06Joe 10-20-2009 2:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzilla (Post 3114)

I hear you on that..... like when they play "Little Douche Coupe..." every third song..... good lord it's annoying..... :willy:

71corv 10-20-2009 7:53pm

I prefer "Little Deuce Coupe" every second song. YMMV

Gene :drivingskid:

zz4vetteguy 10-24-2009 2:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71corv (Post 3442)
I prefer "Little Deuce Coupe" every second song. YMMV

Gene :drivingskid:

I grew up with the Beach Boys playing on the radio, and they still play on mine...along with Buffett, and Bill Deal. :bilmem: