The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   After a long Winter in hibernation she came out to play (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137023)

simpleman68 03-25-2024 7:47am

After a long Winter in hibernation she came out to play

Finally some nice enough weather to take her out for a spin.

Every time I think about selling it, that first drive after a hiatus reminds me why I won't.
So much fun to drive this beast. (LS7 swapped full restmod)
Scott

https://i.imgur.com/tBwMj55h.jpg

04 commemorative 03-25-2024 7:54am

Awesome :seasix:

Bruze 03-25-2024 8:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 2236624)

Every time I think about selling it, that first drive after a hiatus reminds me why I won't.
Scott

One of the many advantages of living in the north: Taking a motorcycle or sports car out in the spring after months in storage is like having a brand-new toy (or girlfriend) all over again.

If I didn't live here (been storing summer toys for around 55 years) I most likely would have gotten bored with my C6 after a few years and sold it by now.

ptindall 03-25-2024 8:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2236643)
One of the many advantages of living in the north: Taking a motorcycle or sports car out in the spring after months in storage is like having a brand-new toy (or girlfriend) all over again.

If I didn't live here (been storing summer toys for around 55 years) I most likely would have gotten bored with my C6 after a few years and sold it by now.

Why not go to prison every year for six months? I'm sure the feeling of freedom when you get out is awesome. You could have that feeling every year!

slewfoot 03-25-2024 8:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 2236624)

Scott

Don't, I did stuff like that in my younger days. I've learned. This is why I still hang on to a 2008 HD Superglide & 82 C3 that I only ride once a month these days and keep clean and shiny the other days.

Bruze 03-25-2024 8:58am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptindall (Post 2236645)
Why not go to prison ever year for six months? I'm sure the feeling of freedom when you get out is awesome. You could have that feeling every year!

Not driving a Vette/motorcycle or not having a GF is like being in prison?

That's really some great logic you have there.

What you swamp rats don't understand is that we have four distinct seasons here, each has advantages and disadvantages. Our lifestyles change because of that, and we look forward to the changes.

Only stupid people, incapable of actually thinking about something, would want to spend all summer indoors, and the rest of the time living in a sweltering, slimy, insect and reptile infested fetid swamp.

Who knew that the Barn was full of 14 year-olds? "My daddy's bigger than your daddy!" :funniest:

Attachment 98924

Steve_R 03-25-2024 9:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2236663)
What you swamp rats don't understand is that we have four distinct seasons here, each has advantages and disadvantages. Our lifestyles change because of that, and we look forward to the changes.

Only stupid people, incapable of actually thinking about something, would want to spend all summer indoors, and the rest of the time living in a sweltering, slimy, insect and reptile infested fetid swamp.

Who knew that the Barn was full of 14 year-olds? "My daddy's bigger than your daddy!" :funniest:

"Swamp Rats?" "Stupid people?" I didn't expect name calling from you, guess I was wrong. We live in NE FL. We too have four seasons, just not as extreme as yours.

Gorgeous GTO, appears to be a '67, correct?

jw38 03-25-2024 9:20am

Winter hibernation? What is that?

Aerovette 03-25-2024 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw38 (Post 2236675)
Winter hibernation? What is that?

Remember that one week when it was below 60? :D

Louie Detroit 03-25-2024 9:30am

What year and model is that car?

ptindall 03-25-2024 10:32am

Quote:

Attachment 98924

:lol: I guess we found angry season.

Onebadcad 03-25-2024 10:34am

ABSOLUTELY stunning, I would sell a kidney before I ever sold her!!

Swany00 03-25-2024 10:41am

that escalated quickly....

BTDT, nice ride man!

Onebadcad 03-25-2024 10:46am

You can click the image, ask goggle to search, says a 67 GTO.

ricks327 03-25-2024 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2236681)
What year and model is that car?

1967 Pontiac GTO. Easy identifier between a 66 and 67, is that a 67 has the GTO badge on the rocker panel trim while a 66 is on the fender.

simpleman68 03-25-2024 11:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptindall (Post 2236645)
Why not go to prison ever year for six months? I'm sure the feeling of freedom when you get out is awesome. You could have that feeling every year!

:funnier: :funnier:

simpleman68 03-25-2024 11:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2236664)
We live in NE FL. We too have four seasons, just not as extreme as yours.

Gorgeous GTO, appears to be a '67, correct?

Why we have a Winter escape in SW FL :iagree:

Yes, it's a '67 GTO, thank you!
Scott

GTOguy 03-25-2024 11:36am

1 Attachment(s)
I get to drive mine all year round. Your's is gorgeous. IMO, hardtops have better lines than ragtops of the '66-'67 era. This was last May on a trip to CO. Mine's all original with carb and points. Got 20.6 mpg at 75-80 mph and used less than 1/2 quart of oil in over 2700 miles. Not bad for a 56 year old car. Attachment 98932

simpleman68 03-25-2024 12:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2236771)
I get to drive mine all year round. Your's is gorgeous. IMO, hardtops have better lines than ragtops of the '66-'67 era. This was last May on a trip to CO. Mine's all original with carb and points. Got 20.6 mpg at 75-80 mph and used less than 1/2 quart of oil in over 2700 miles. Not bad for a 56 year old car. Attachment 98932

The coved rear window does look nice but who wouldn't rather have the vert? :drool:

With the 6 speed manual (T56 super mag) and Moser M9 (3.73s) I can eek 24 out. IF I can keep my foot out of it and that is tough.
At 75 mph I'm about 2200 rpm
Scott

roadpilot 03-25-2024 3:04pm

Quote:

Attachment 98924

Well, we have too many New YOrkers moving down here now. I would
be glad to send them back to paradice.
I have the bugs and gators in the swamp in the back yard. We like them.
We know the seasons by the love bugs May or Sept.
Count me as going on 15 years old. My dad passed on.