The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OK, I'm in the up to two weeks of body clock reset. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136797)

owc6 03-11-2024 12:02am

OK, I'm in the up to two weeks of body clock reset.

Who's with me?

Up all night, fall asleep all day.

Make your minds, PTB. The clock change is horrid. It is worse than jet lag.

Personally, I would like DST all year.

Wathen1955 03-11-2024 12:45am

I'm still waiting for the do nothing congress to approve it for CA.

Quote:

Back in March 2022, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed the "Sunshine Protection Act" introduced by Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., that would have made daylight saving time permanent starting in November 2023, which means Americans would stop switching their clocks back or forward twice a year, according to NBC News.

That bill was stalled in the House and it expired.

However, Sen. Rubio reintroduced the "Sunshine Protection Act of 2023" in March 2023 to make daylight saving time permanent across the nation. It hasn't moved since then.

Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla. also introduced a bill in the House to make daylight saving time permanent, according to NBC News.

Senators from various states are all original cosponsors of Sen. Rubio's legislation, including California Sen. Alex Padilla and the late Dianne Feinstein.

The House of Representatives must first pass the bill, then President Joe Biden must sign it before Americans can kiss the time change goodbye.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...he-us/3449582/

Torqaholic 03-11-2024 2:14am

It'd be nice for most everyone. No matter to me though, only thing I use a clock for these days is to time my cooking. Sleep schedules are a thing of the past for me. Every six to eight hours I doze off for one or two. Hasn't been a problem except while I am cooking :rofl:

LisaJohn 03-11-2024 7:08am

Yes! Just pick one. I don’t even care which one. I despise the time changes. Ridiculous!

DJ_Critterus 03-11-2024 7:11am

Everywhere I have lived outside of the US did not do the clock change thing. It was one set time and that was it. Made things so much easier. And that, my fellow useless drivel contributors, is why Congress won't pass the bill to stop the madness.

Yadkin 03-11-2024 7:24am

Between the time and weather changes we both had trouble sleeping last night. Weird.

Dan47 03-11-2024 7:30am

I’ve told the wife many times, that I am not going to participate in these time changes but she won’t go along with it. I don’t know how the secondary effects of being on different times, half the year, would affect our marriage?

I’m tired.

LilRedCorvette 03-11-2024 8:23am

Same here. My dog didn’t get the memo, either :nonod: :ack: :spdchk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 2230672)
Who's with me?

My vote is for DST all year as well. :yesnod: :seasix:

04 commemorative 03-11-2024 8:25am

I say leave it at standard time like the other states that don't change time.

Bruze 03-11-2024 8:31am

The time change doesn't (and never did) bother me. But if they make either permanent, I sure hope it's DST.

I sit on my porch all summer, often til 11 pm or later. If we had regular time, in June, it would get dark around 8 or so. Eff that.

And the birds would start singing around 3 to 3:30 AM. Screw that, I'm just getting to sleep.

With DST all the time, it would stay darker longer in the morning during the winter, which I sleep through anyway so that would be fine.

DJ_Critterus 03-11-2024 8:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2230717)
The time change doesn't (and never did) bother me. But if they make either permanent, I sure hope it's DST.

I sit on my porch all summer, often til 11 pm or later. If we had regular time, in June, it would get dark around 8 or so. Eff that.

And the birds would start singing around 3 to 3:30 AM. Screw that, I'm just getting to sleep.

With DST all the time, it would stay darker longer in the morning during the winter, which I sleep through anyway so that would be fine.

I also like being able to drive to work without the rising sun blinding me in the mornings, too. Then again, I look forward to not having to work in a couple of years, too.

Steve_R 03-11-2024 8:41am

Doesn't bother me. :shrug:

If we stay on one I'd prefer DST. There's a thread about this over there with some suggesting we "split the difference" and go to "adjusted standard time," which would set the clocks back 30 minutes from what they're at now. Stupid idea. :rolleyes:

04 commemorative 03-11-2024 8:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2230719)
Doesn't bother me. :shrug:

If we stay on one I'd prefer DST. There's a thread about this over there with some suggesting we "split the difference" and go to "adjusted standard time," which would set the clocks back 30 minutes from what they're at now. Stupid idea. :rolleyes:

:iagree:

If it was left at standard time it would still be lighter longer at night....here on the shore there are only 2 weeks where it stays lighter till around 8:45 so no big deal really.

Onebadcad 03-11-2024 9:20am

DST > iron maiden

KenHorse 03-11-2024 9:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 2230672)
Who's with me?

Out all night, sleep all day
I know what you're doin'
If you're gonna act that way
I think there's trouble brewin'

KenHorse 03-11-2024 9:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2230735)
DST > iron maiden

Haiti > Iron Maiden

Bruze 03-11-2024 9:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2230722)
:iagree:

If it was left at standard time it would still be lighter longer at night....here on the shore there are only 2 weeks where it stays lighter till around 8:45 so no big deal really.

Whatever time it gets dark there now in June, on Standard Time it would be one hour earlier.

The change is never abrupt. The available daylight going to June 21 moves very slowly (a few seconds per day), also on the other side going away. Same in December. Only in March and September does it move more quickly, several minutes per day.

This is science, but not rocket science.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/usa

04 commemorative 03-11-2024 9:52am

Every year the same shit....it's never gonna change ....been hearing this my whole life

KenHorse 03-11-2024 10:01am

Seriously? It ain't that big a deal.

Grow a pair and man up. So you lose an hour of sleep 1 night a year.

GMAFB

Bruze 03-11-2024 10:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 2230759)
Seriously? It ain't that big a deal.

Grow a pair and man up. So you lose an hour of sleep 1 night a year.

GMAFB

Agree. I never even heard people talking about this up until 10 or so years ago.

We should be worrying more about being in the middle of a Marxist revolution and where THAT will end.