The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I don't frequent Ford forums (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120689)

markids77 11-24-2019 8:10pm

I don't frequent Ford forums

So I'll comment here.
I cannot fathom who at the Blue Oval thought it might be a good idea to associate their new electric crossover vehicle with the Mustang nameplate.
It just seems like brand dilution suicide unless there is some Millennial or other groundswell of warm fuzzies for what seems to me to be the antithesis of everything "Mustang"?
I sure as hell won't be replacing my '19 Ecoboost with that thing.

MEANZ06 11-24-2019 9:57pm

Decent/unbiased review? :island14:

StaticCling 11-24-2019 10:15pm

Sign of the times I guess.

MEANZ06 11-24-2019 10:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1687896)
Sign of the times I guess.

Yep, sucks though for us old guys that love the sound of an "amped" up V8 :D

boracayjohnny 11-24-2019 10:29pm

Evidently, the new CEO is too smart to make cars. Ford is killing all but the Mustang in the car line up. Now the new "genius" wants to make an electric widget and slap the Mustang name on it.

Bold move(s), Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

Olustee bus 11-25-2019 5:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1687897)
Yep, sucks though for us old guys that love the sound of an "amped" up V8 :D

But I do love the Buzz of a hot electric motor. :D

Norm 11-25-2019 7:57am

So when discussing Mustangs now, if not referenced, now you'll have to ask...."which one".

Mike Mercury 11-25-2019 8:17am

Quote:

I cannot fathom who at the Blue Oval thought it might be a good idea to associate their new electric crossover vehicle with the Mustang nameplate.
this is because the Mustang is the only widely recognizable vehicle name Ferd has right now. They are hoping for sales-via-association.

markids77 11-25-2019 8:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1687913)
this is because the Mustang is the only widely recognizable vehicle name Ferd has right now. They are hoping for sales-via-association.

I would have called the new car the Fission so when they start spontaneously combusting the name would make some kind of sense.

Will 11-25-2019 10:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1687887)
So I'll comment here.
It just seems like brand dilution suicide unless there is some Millennial or other groundswell of warm fuzzies for what seems to me to be the antithesis of everything "Mustang"?
I sure as hell won't be replacing my '19 Ecoboost with that thing.

You're gonna be dead soon.

Millenials are not.

They'll be buying vehicles for decades to come.

You will not.

Associating the Mustang name with an electric vehicle is good business, whether you and I like it or not (I don't either, but I'm a Gen Xer and while we still have some time left too, we're a small generation not as significant as boomers were or the millenials are).

markids77 11-25-2019 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will (Post 1687924)

Millenials are not.

You will not.

Associating the Mustang name with an electric vehicle is good business, whether you and I like it or not (I don't either, but I'm a Gen Xer and while we still have some time left too, we're a small generation not as significant as boomers were or the millenials are).

My 86 year old parents are still driving. At 61 I fully expect to be around for a couple decades yet so STFU you pissant twerp.

04 commemorative 11-25-2019 12:07pm

If I was in market for electric I would look at it......I think range of 235 is still not enough.

Mike Mercury 11-25-2019 12:47pm

Quote:

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a nice Christmas.

04 commemorative 11-25-2019 1:28pm

Quote:

Millenials are not.

You will not.

So not a nice thing to say.....but not surprised.....wonder what your mom & dad would think of you saying that to someone just because they were older :spdchk:

snide 11-25-2019 1:28pm

Quote:

Millenials are not.

You will not.

SFTU, n00b.

MrPeabody 11-25-2019 1:59pm

If you have a nameplate that makes money, use it to make money. Simple business decision. You do risk tarnishing that nameplate, but I doubt if millions of people will suddenly hate their Mustangs because the name was used on an SUV.

Cybercowboy 11-25-2019 4:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1687925)
My 86 year old parents are still driving. At 61 I fully expect to be around for a couple decades yet so STFU you pissant twerp.

OK, Boomer.

:lol:

markids77 11-25-2019 4:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1687941)
OK, Boomer.

:lol:

:)

MrPeabody 11-25-2019 5:04pm

If the Mustang II didn't kill the brand, I doubt a Mustang SUV will.

69camfrk 11-25-2019 5:05pm

Definitely one of the worst things I've ever seen and well labeled, but hey GM has been ruining every legacy namesake they've had for years. Think 80's Nova, or well, pretty much anything but a Corvette. I've never even warmed up to the new generation Camaro's, and they are already at trailer parks on blocks everywhere.:yesnod: To me, it just seems like a total lack of ingenuity or creativeness.