The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So, just put out the request for more info on... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116012)

NEED-A-VETTE 05-12-2018 10:52am

So, just put out the request for more info on...

6 Attachment(s)
[...two shelter cats.]

Losing our calico in September and then our tabby three weeks ago...the house is too quiet.

Meet Picasso and DaVinci. They are a bonded pair of polydactyl males. They are litter mates. They are in foster care now, rescued from a shelter that was not a no-kill shelter.

I’ve been staring at their pics for a week now, not sure I was ready to have more kitties. I finally bit the bullet and sent the email to get more info and (hopefully) the adoption process going.

Crossing fingers they’re still available. 🤞🏻

boracayjohnny 05-12-2018 11:04am

New bedding for 'em too? :D

:cert::seasix:

Jobaka 05-12-2018 11:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1627711)

:Jeff '79: Check out the thousand yard stare on the one in the back.
These guys haven't even met you yet and they're already planning your demise. :Jeff '79:

NEED-A-VETTE 05-12-2018 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1627712)
New bedding for 'em too? :D

:cert::seasix:

That’s at their foster home. I’ll make the recommendation. :leaving:

:D

86RAG 05-12-2018 11:43am

Cute kitties. Love the double paws! Hope you get 'em :cert:

Sea Six 05-12-2018 11:46am

Awww. Cute kittie cats.

Stevedore 05-12-2018 11:55am

Good luck, I hope they work out for you. :cert: It's been many years since we had a cat; they're good company.

99 pewtercoupe 05-12-2018 12:22pm

1 Attachment(s)
Becka is talking about getting another cat since our older cat Nala (13 yrs) is not an active enough companion for Tig (1&1/2 yrs). Tig wants to play but Nala just wants to sleep and hang out.
Becka and Tig

simpleman68 05-12-2018 1:09pm

Congrats on the potential new putty tats!

Had my share of rescues over they years as well. :angel:
Scott

NEED-A-VETTE 05-12-2018 1:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1627721)
Becka is talking about getting another cat since our older cat Nala (13 yrs) is not an active enough companion for Tig (1&1/2 yrs). Tig wants to play but Nala just wants to sleep and hang out.
Becka and Tig

Not a bad idea. Lots of loveable cats in shelters just waiting for a home. ❤️

snide 05-12-2018 4:06pm

I can mail you Tommy and Tammy. They look just like those cats. They came from a shelter too. I won't hqve you do any paperwork, nor charge you a rehoming fee. Or postage. PM for details.

MEANZ06 05-12-2018 4:19pm

Years ago we had an orange one like that. He was very affectionate with us but out in the hood he was a bad ass. I got a knock on the door once, it was a neighbor with a ball of fur in his hand and not happy. He told me if he caught him he would BBQ him. Apparently "Bud" went in his house, upstairs, and kicked the sh*t out of his cat...

I miss Bud... :sadangel:

Good looking Cats. Hope they get a forever home with you Sandy!

ToolMaker 05-13-2018 7:45am

My nickname for double paws is " 4 wheel drive Kitty". I've had a few over the years! :seasix:

mrvette 05-13-2018 7:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolMaker (Post 1627819)
My nickname for double paws is " 4 wheel drive Kitty". I've had a few over the years! :seasix:

I remember some 40+ years ago, her ex slipped some poison meat under the ex/kids mom's apartment door....took out the Golden retriever, so a few weeks later she wanted a orange cat.....so looked around and without any .gov crap, picked up a kitten.....I was holding him in my bare arms, standing in the apt....and of course the older cat spooked him...he took off, two patches on each arm, bleeding....so we named him Four Wheel Drive....4 wheel for short.....we had the posi traction removed in front.....

strangely enough, after the divorce, they both ran out into the typical suburban street out front, and got killed by cars....and years ago, down here in Florida, same ending for other cats....weird......

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

markids77 05-13-2018 8:06pm

Get them neutered if they are not already and rescue them for real. You are fortunate they are already paired up... I think single cats get depressed hanging out alone all day.

NEED-A-VETTE 05-13-2018 9:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1627871)
Get them neutered if they are not already and rescue them for real. You are fortunate they are already paired up... I think single cats get depressed hanging out alone all day.

The shelters here only adopt out animals that are spayed or neutered. If they are too young for them to spay/neuter before adoption, you have to give them a deposit that is returned only after you have had them fixed (and bring back the medical records with proof of such).

They also come with all their vaccines and are microchipped. Most are FIV/FeLV tested, as well, depending on the shelter.

I found these guys thru https://www.adoptapet.com/. They work in collaboration with shelters nationwide. It was not hard to find a bonded pair, as the site allows you to specify whether or not you want an animal that is part of a bonded pair.

I also looked using https://www.petfinder.com/. They will tell you when an animal is part of a bonded pair, but they don’t have it as one of their search criteria. You basically have to look at each description to determine if they are.

Haven’t heard anything back on these two. It is mother’s day weekend, though. These two are in a foster home, run by a non-profit organization that pulls animals out of shelters that euthanize.

I’ll follow up Tuesday morning if I don’t hear from them tomorrow. 🐈

JRD77VET 05-13-2018 9:09pm

Hope it works out :yesnod:

Sea Six 05-14-2018 12:37am

Good luck, Sandy!

86RAG 05-14-2018 6:06am

Good luck :seasix:

bill_daniels 05-14-2018 6:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobaka (Post 1627713)
:Jeff '79: Check out the thousand yard stare on the one in the back.
These guys haven't even met you yet and they're already planning your demise. :Jeff '79:

opposable thumbs + murder mittens = :ohnoes: