The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   So who will drive their car during the winter?? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211)

WKMCD 10-15-2009 11:23am

So who will drive their car during the winter??

See a lot of other people putting their cars up for the winter.

I don't put my car away here in Northern VA. I don't drive it as much - but there are always clear dry days during the winter when I'll drive it.

Who else will drive their car this winter and give your location.

Lowcash 10-15-2009 11:33am

I will be driving mine this winter. :thumbs:

DropTheTop 10-15-2009 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 2420)
See a lot of other people putting their cars up for the winter.

I don't put my car away here in Northern VA. I don't drive it as much - but there are always clear dry days during the winter when I'll drive it.

Who else will drive their car this winter and give your location.

I'm in south Jersey, so my average temps in Dec. and Jan. are only about 5 deg. lower than yours. I do take it out on the occasional unseasonably warm day, but generally I just park it and do the STA-BIL thing and keep the charger on. These runcraps are bad enough in warm weather, but they really suck when it's cold! :ack:

Culookin 10-15-2009 12:15pm

Usually mine stays in the garage waiting for a random warm day, but last year she went up in the air because I was TDY all over the place! This year she's staying on the ground and getting worked on :takdir:

zz4vetteguy 10-15-2009 12:21pm

I will be...I drive mine every day. It gets cold but does not really snow in Hampton Roads...and if it does, I take a day off. :dance:

McLeod 10-15-2009 12:29pm

I'll be driving in NOVA.

TR6speed 10-15-2009 12:36pm

Not a problem, mine will be out all winter long.
:banana1:

Z06Joe 10-15-2009 12:37pm

Depends.... I am hoping to do some things to it this winter so if that happens I won't be driving her much.....

PortDawg 10-15-2009 1:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 2426)
I will be...I drive mine every day. It gets cold but does not really snow in Hampton Roads...and if it does, I take a day off. :dance:

I'm with Joe...if it snows I take the pick up..otherwise...:Corvette:

zz4vetteguy 10-15-2009 2:47pm

Mine is a Canadian car...so if it gets really cold, I got an engine block heater.
:headbutt:

Sneaks 10-15-2009 2:55pm

Have vette, will travel. Mine stays on the road all year, so long as there isn't any salt on the roads. I put BFG super sport A/S on, so don't have to worry about the runcraps throwing me all over the place when it gets below 40.
:Corvette:

Dougzilla 10-15-2009 4:37pm

I can drive mine here in SEVA.

Munch 10-15-2009 5:00pm

All winter long baby! That's a big reason why I moved here. Here being Suffolk, home of the Vette Barn.

Y2Kvert4me 10-15-2009 5:02pm

Mine will be tucked away and hidden before Thanksgiving, and it won't see the light of day again until probably April.

The first two years I owned it, I couldn't NOT drive it...it was driven more than it was parked during winter. (although those happened to be very mild winters here with very little snowfall).

The next few years I "semi-stored" it. But would indulge and take it out on those occasional nice winter days.

The last two or three years, it goes lights out in November, and doesn't run again until usually sometime in April. And since I no longer store it at home, it's out of sight, out of mind. Once I shift myself into "winter mode", I don't even miss it all that much.

:cheers:

C5 BEARSFAN 10-15-2009 5:15pm

My vette and my wifes Saturn sky are already tucked away for the winter. I took them both the my freinds storage garage for the winter and brougt back the two snowmobiles. So we at least have some fun during the winter

I usually get them out around april 1st.

By then I usually have a pile of new mods to be installed. I dont know whats worse not having the car to drive or having a pile of mods setting around waiting for the weather to get nicer to install them

OBXFunn 10-15-2009 5:56pm

I drive mine almost everyday unless I know its going to rain all day.

WKMCD 10-15-2009 6:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBXFunn (Post 2492)
I drive mine almost everyday unless I know its going to rain all day.

It's running now???? :rofl:

Vet4jdc 10-15-2009 7:13pm

I'll be driving mine about as much as the rest of the year!

:Corvette:

71corv 10-15-2009 7:19pm

Drive mine during the winter when the weather allows.

Gene :drivingskid:

OBXFunn 10-15-2009 7:30pm

Yep, its running but still needs a few things. I need a bigger TB, bigger inlet tube, and a final tune. The HP peaked at 5200 RPM at 710rwhp with 780rwtq. Once we get the bigger TB and the final tune I should be in the 770rwhp range.

Its been forever huh? haha