The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   New VBF Member Intros (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome themonk (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3441)

GB Vette 07-24-2010 12:54pm

Welcome themonk

Hi themonk, welcome to the VBF!

:welcome:

Munch 07-24-2010 1:11pm

Greetings and welcome to the soon to be world famous Vette Barn! :cheers:

Vet4jdc 07-24-2010 1:15pm

Welcome to the barn!

:cheers:

Neutron 07-24-2010 1:37pm

Welcome, dude. We need more peeps reppin the far north. :cheers:

themonk 07-24-2010 3:16pm

Thank you, I hope y'all will appreciate my out there kind of humor. :cheers:

wwomanC6 07-24-2010 3:45pm

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...ce-welcome.gif to the Fun Barn, themonk! Enjoy :cheers:

:squirrelrun:

Garb55 07-24-2010 3:51pm

Welcome aboard!

Sneaks 07-24-2010 4:16pm

Welcome to the Barn. :thumbs:

Z06PDQ 07-25-2010 10:06am

a Caunuck with class! welcome bro! :cheers:

Iron Chef 07-25-2010 7:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 42199)
Thank you, I hope y'all will appreciate my out there kind of humor. :cheers:

As long as you don't put "The Monk!" in your sig. :D

Welcome aboard. :seeya:

Sneaks 07-25-2010 8:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 42228)

Those really exist? I thought they were a myth like Nessie, and Bigfoot. :D

jeff w 07-26-2010 8:47am

Welcome dude :cheers:

themonk 07-26-2010 7:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06PDQ (Post 42228)

You say that with a sense of amazement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 42245)
As long as you don't put "The Monk!" in your sig. :D

Welcome aboard. :seeya:

Iron, long time no hear from, I hope all is well with ya. Every once in a while Liz would post some pics on the other forum with you in 'em. :cheers:

Iron Chef 07-26-2010 9:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 42287)
Iron, long time no hear from, I hope all is well with ya. Every once in a while Liz would post some pics on the other forum with you in 'em. :cheers:

Everything is just great. Liz just likes to rub it in Jim and Jesse's face that they were stupid to permaban me for nothing. Then again, they do so many stupid things that they probably don't know the diff. :lolsmile:

This is my home these days and quite a nice one at that. :cheers:

themonk 07-26-2010 11:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 42301)
Everything is just great. Liz just likes to rub it in Jim and Jesse's face that they were stupid to permaban me for nothing. Then again, they do so many stupid things that they probably don't know the diff. :lolsmile:

This is my home these days and quite a nice one at that. :cheers:

Yeah there are a lot of db's in that place, Jesse seems like a good guy and probably is but as for the other idiot he needs to not let his cyberspace power go to his head. I'm glad you like it in here, I never had any issues with you or God rest his soul Irish which btw I seen pics of the bench that was dedicated to him, very tasteful. Is Apex kicking around in here? I would love to see a whole wack of people defect, it's definitely not the same as it once was and it would be awesome to see this place take off.

Y2Kvert4me 07-27-2010 12:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 42320)
Yeah there are a lot of db's in that place, Jesse seems like a good guy and probably is but as for the other idiot he needs to not let his cyberspace power go to his head. I'm glad you like it in here, I never had any issues with you or God rest his soul Irish which btw I seen pics of the bench that was dedicated to him, very tasteful. Is Apex kicking around in here? I would love to see a whole wack of people defect, it's definitely not the same as it once was and it would be awesome to see this place take off.

Funny how people see things differently.

Jesse is the cancer of that forum. His only concern is St Judes, nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't give a sh!t about Corvettes. He does though, carry the cop mentality, ie: what can he possibly bust you for? (he will find it).

Jim is a bit dry in the humor dept, but is a die-hard Corvette enthusiast, and really is the guy that should be in charge. Yeah he's old-fashioned and not of the OT mentality so much, but it IS the Corvetteforum too. I've never had a problem with him I couldn't work out through discussion. He's a reasonable person who thinks things through...wish I could say the same about his "shoot first, aim later" counterpart.

Apex is here, and we welcome his presence. Although he hasn't been active much lately. Maybe the season, or maybe just not enough activity (or controversy) to keep him interested? :bilmem:

This place has a very laid-back atmosphere, and although most CFOT regulars are already members here, most have gone back "home" to feed off the drama machine. Lacking that element, it does become rather boring here sometimes.

themonk 07-27-2010 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 42321)
Funny how people see things differently.

Jesse is the cancer of that forum. His only concern is St Judes, nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't give a sh!t about Corvettes. He does though, carry the cop mentality, ie: what can he possibly bust you for? (he will find it).

Jim is a bit dry in the humor dept, but is a die-hard Corvette enthusiast, and really is the guy that should be in charge. Yeah he's old-fashioned and not of the OT mentality so much, but it IS the Corvetteforum too. I've never had a problem with him I couldn't work out through discussion. He's a reasonable person who thinks things through...wish I could say the same about his "shoot first, aim later" counterpart.

Apex is here, and we welcome his presence. Although he hasn't been active much lately. Maybe the season, or maybe just not enough activity (or controversy) to keep him interested? :bilmem:

This place has a very laid-back atmosphere, and although most CFOT regulars are already members here, most have gone back "home" to feed off the drama machine. Lacking that element, it does become rather boring here sometimes.

Like sheep feeding from the trough of the drama machine they will always return home to get their fill.

Iron Chef 07-27-2010 12:39pm

I think Tom said it best...Jesse is BY FAR the worst offender. Not only is his cop mentality present, but also his born-again Christian attitude and all the family friendly nonsense. Oh...and don't insult him either. When I left the forum, I sent Jesse and Jim a very polite but pointed Email stating my reasons. Jesse responds with this huge Email trying to justify his reasoning. I replied (and I quote) "You just don't have the stones to do what you know needs to be done" (that being to permaban a stalker).

Ohhhhhhmygosh... :rofl:

...he sent me an even LONGER Email. I didn't even read it or respond. I don't have that kind of time and who gives a crap anyway? You either do the right thing or you don't. Period. (Oh...and we had a stalker issue here for all of four hours. I sent the jerk packing and the funny thing is, this forum has gotten along just fine)

I found that Jim has NO clue as to what is genuinely humorous and will also make up rules on the fly to suit his needs (e.g. if you say you're not coming back, we'll permaban you :rolleyes: ).

Tom and Gary are two guys who know how to run a railroad here. I think people will eventually come over here in larger numbers. It just takes time for word to get around.

themonk 07-27-2010 1:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 42351)
I think Tom said it best...Jesse is BY FAR the worst offender. Not only is his cop mentality present, but also his born-again Christian attitude and all the family friendly nonsense. Oh...and don't insult him either. When I left the forum, I sent Jesse and Jim a very polite but pointed Email stating my reasons. Jesse responds with this huge Email trying to justify his reasoning. I replied (and I quote) "You just don't have the stones to do what you know needs to be done" (that being to permaban a stalker).

Ohhhhhhmygosh... :rofl:

...he sent me an even LONGER Email. I didn't even read it or respond. I don't have that kind of time and who gives a crap anyway? You either do the right thing or you don't. Period. (Oh...and we had a stalker issue here for all of four hours. I sent the jerk packing and the funny thing is, this forum has gotten along just fine)

I found that Jim has NO clue as to what is genuinely humorous and will also make up rules on the fly to suit his needs (e.g. if you say you're not coming back, we'll permaban you :rolleyes: ).

Tom and Gary are two guys who know how to run a railroad here. I think people will eventually come over here in larger numbers. It just takes time for word to get around.

I get punted for a month because I basically called OHSIXX (a cop of course) an a$$ because he made remark about Canada and Canadians, fine I'll take my lumps and then Jim (a cop) sends me and Pewter (a cop), who incidently locked my thread about why people hate cops (I posted a video of a cop in Vancouver pushing a handicapped woman to the ground for no reason what so ever) a PM telling me about no personal insults blah, blah, blah, I wouldn't have said anything if that guy didn't say chit about Canada, so I respond to the tune of I take it personally when some jacka$$ puts down my country, I hope that you respond with the same kind of justice and for that get a 6 month ban.

Oh well, I don't wanna discuss another forum in this one and I hope you're right, I hope a lot of people will come here because other than a few mods and one admin that place is good and what makes it good is it's members.

Iron Chef 07-27-2010 4:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 42352)
...and then Jim (a cop) sends me and Pewter (a cop), who incidently locked my thread about why people hate cops (I posted a video of a cop in Vancouver pushing a handicapped woman to the ground for no reason what so ever) a PM telling me about no personal insults blah, blah, blah...

Lemme help you: Jim is not a cop. Jesse was a cop and a Chief of Police before he retired due to health reasons (oh, and we're not talking Chief of the LAPD or the NYPD...we're talking Iveneverheardofthispodunktown, Florida). Jim was a newspaper editor for many years, so it's no surprise that he is so adept at distorting and spinning the facts. Robert (pewter99) is not a cop either. He is a crime scene investigator and not a "peace officer." I actually have no gripe about Robert other than he walks the party line too much for my taste.

Feel free to talk about things here. The nice thing about this forum is that you won't get shut down for it.