The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Gender-reveal couple that sparked El Dorado fire charged w/involuntary manslaughter (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126377)

NEED-A-VETTE 07-20-2021 7:54pm

Gender-reveal couple that sparked El Dorado fire charged w/involuntary manslaughter

Quote:

Couple whose gender-reveal ceremony sparked El Dorado fire charged with involuntary manslaughter

The couple whose gender reveal ceremony sparked the El Dorado wildfire that killed a firefighter last year in San Bernardino County have been charged with involuntary manslaughter, authorities announced Tuesday.

Refugio Manuel Jimenez Jr. and Angela Renee Jimenez pleaded not guilty to charges involving the El Dorado Fire, San Bernardino County District Attorney Jason Anderson announced at a news conference.

The charges included one felony count of involuntary manslaughter, three felony counts of recklessly causing a fire with great bodily injury, four felony counts of recklessly causing a fire to inhabited structures and 22 misdemeanor counts of recklessly causing fire to property.

The El Dorado Fire erupted on Sept. 5 when the couple, their young children and someone there to record video staged a baby gender reveal at El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa, at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains.

The El Dorado Fire was sparked Sept. 5, 2020, after a family used a pyrotechnic device to reveal the gender of the baby the couple was expecting. A Cal Fire official on Sept. 7 told The Desert Sun that the family had "absolutely been cooperating" with officials.

Over a 23-day period, the fire burned 22,680 acres in the Oak Glen and Yucaipa Ridge areas, and within the San Gorgonio Wilderness Area of the San Bernardino National Forest. According to a Nov. 18 update, the El Dorado Fire charred a total of 22,744 acres. It was expected to be contained by Dec. 31.

Charlie Morton, a 14-year veteran firefighter with the San Bernardino National Forest, died while fighting the blaze. The fire also resulted in 13 injuries.

The fire forced the evacuations of Oak Glen, north Yucaipa, Mountain Home Village, Forest Falls and Angelus Oaks communities. It destroyed five residences and 15 other structures, and damaged four residences.
https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...er/8036146002/

Good.

Louie Detroit 07-20-2021 8:01pm

So what variety of 57 possible genders was the brat?

StaticCling 07-20-2021 8:03pm

Selfish idiots.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-20-2021 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1898683)

Meh. Who cares? :funny:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticCling (Post 1898684)
Selfish idiots.

Yep. :mad: :sadangel: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/fir...orest-service/

The other strange story surrounding this fire is the missing Hotshot firefighter, Carlos Alexander Baltazar. https://www.redlandscommunitynews.co...0f4dddf48.html

ZipZap 07-20-2021 8:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1898682)

Whoa. Good. Intentional idiocy deserves consequence.

gs568 07-20-2021 8:55pm

Fking morons.

Aerovette 07-20-2021 9:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticCling (Post 1898684)
Selfish idiots.

I think they are far more stupid than they are selfish.

I believe it was unintentional, but many stupid things that get people killed are unintentional.

People's "stupid" side that thinks something is a good idea, is nearly always very wrong.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-20-2021 9:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1898702)
I think they are far more stupid than they are selfish.

I believe it was unintentional, but many stupid things that get people killed are unintentional.

People's "stupid" side that thinks something is a good idea, is nearly always very wrong.

You have to understand… Everywhere you go in California…all over the TV and radio and news it’s pounded into everybody’s brain what the fire danger is on any given day. They give out “plant moisture levels” at the same time that they’re giving humidity and weather updates. :funny: pretty much every day as part of the weather forecast they tell you what the level of fire risk is for that day and what the winds will be like. Cal Fire puts that information out: https://www.fire.ca.gov/programs/com...ather-watches/

Every person in California is aware of the fire danger because we are reminded constantly. Not to mention, at any given time there are wildfires burning in the southwest/western states around us.

There is no way humanly possible that they didn’t know what the fire danger was…yet the still walked to the edge of a national forest and set off a pyrotechnic device.

That was selfish. It was stupid, too… But those things are not mutually exclusive.

ratflinger 07-20-2021 9:31pm

Their kid can enjoy seeing them on visitors day

ZipZap 07-20-2021 9:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1898710)
You have to understand… Everywhere you go in California…all over the TV and radio and news it’s pounded into everybody’s brain what the fire danger is on any given day. They give out “plant moisture levels” at the same time that they’re giving humidity and weather updates. :funny: pretty much every day as part of the weather forecast they tell you what the level of fire risk is for that day and what the winds will be like. Cal Fire puts that information out: https://www.fire.ca.gov/programs/com...ather-watches/

Every person in California is aware of the fire danger because we are reminded constantly. Not to mention, at any given time there are wildfires burning in the southwest/western states around us.

There is no way humanly possible that they didn’t know what the fire danger was…yet the still walked to the edge of a national forest and set off a pyrotechnic device.

That was selfish. It was stupid, too… But those things are not mutually exclusive.

Same here in CO. We're in the Black Forest where there have been devastating fires. I have absolutely zero f's for anyone who stupidly risks my home and neighborhood. I actually got suspended on fb when I suggested a proper treatment for someone that disregarded the danger. If you are stupid, then you should expect to feel the pain.

dvarapala 07-20-2021 9:53pm

Good!

Torqaholic 07-20-2021 10:44pm

When I lived up in the mountains between Placerville and Tahoe we'd pack along fire fighting equipment to drive certain roads/trails. Seem to recall it being a legal requirement similar to having chains installed when it's snowing.

Anjdog2003 07-20-2021 11:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1898730)
When I lived up in the mountains between Placerville and Tahoe we'd pack along fire fighting equipment to drive certain roads/trails. Seem to recall it being a legal requirement similar to having chains installed when it's snowing.

You went from Placerville and Tahoe to Mid Michigan? :kick:

Torqaholic 07-20-2021 11:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1898734)
You went from Placerville and Tahoe to Mid Michigan? :kick:

Yup, I hear ya. Lived on Pony Express Trail between El Camino and Pollock Pines. Real nice up there. Could fish rainbow trout out of the ditch.

Bill 07-21-2021 7:43am

Yes, they need prison time, as much for punishment as for the cautionary tale their example will be to others. I'm sure they didn't mean to kill people and ruin lives....but they did. The dead aren't coming back, and people who lost everything they own......they will hopefully, eventually, come back from that, but their lives will be forever changed.

Tejas doesn't have the perpetual drought problems CA has, but we do have them occasionally, and people here might grumble, but they understand why there are burn bans and fireworks bans during those periods.

DJ_Critterus 07-21-2021 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1898683)

Apparently the kid was a Flamer

:leaving:

Aerovette 07-21-2021 11:48am

ICNLT

Rodnok1 07-21-2021 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1898710)

Info they don't put out in the news, thanks for the info.
If they blatantly ignored the dangers they should face charges.

My neighbors are complete morons and will burn anytime and anything, almost burnt their house down several years ago.

Chemtrails99 07-21-2021 5:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1898804)
Apparently the kid was a Flamer

:leaving:

Guess the name "Ashley" fits at least.....