The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Mississippi Roast: It's what's for lunch. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130440)

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 10:19am

Mississippi Roast: It's what's for lunch.

Never had a roast beast made like this before, so I and the campus security sergeant decided to break out the instapot here at work and give it a shot.

Damn!!!!!! It has a nice kick to it with the shredded banana peppers.

Move over KoW! There's a new sheriff in town!

Vandelay Industries 11-29-2022 10:22am

Recipe looks awesome! :seasix:

Mike Mercury 11-29-2022 10:22am

https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/w...t-Roast-1.jpeg

Onebadcad 11-29-2022 10:33am

1 Attachment(s)
I like all beef, beef lengthens one's life, I eat as much beef as possible, beef is damn good for you!!

This was an all-day smoke this past Saturday, was about 14 pounds, yield was about 8 pounds, will have it every night this week until gone, wife should get a gold medal, as I prefer vs. a good steak cut:

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2017743)
That's very nice you cook for your male dates. Tell us more about the banana peppers:seasix:

Do you have to **** up every thread on the forum? :kick: Go back to your van and ram your baby cucumbers back up your ass and leave the rest of us alone.

Yadkin 11-29-2022 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2017743)
That's very nice you cook for your male dates.

You're the expert. :Jeff '79:

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 2017731)
Recipe looks awesome! :seasix:

about a 3lb roast beast

cooked in instapot on low pressure for 20 minutes to get the juice in the pot.

added two packets of ranch seasoning, 2 packets of au ju (spelling?) seasoning, 4-5 tablespoons worth of shredded pepperoncinis, little bit of butter. Then cooked it on high pressure for 45 minutes and left on "keep warm" status for an hour. Came out nice and tender with a great flavor :thumbs:

I'm sure there's better ways to do this recipe, but we're limited with what and how we can cook lunch here.

Onebadcad 11-29-2022 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2017748)
about a 3lb roast beast

added two packets of ranch seasoning, 2 packets of au ju (spelling?) seasoning, 4-5 tablespoons worth of shredded pepperoncinis, little bit of butter. Then cooked it on high pressure for 45 minutes and left on "keep warm" status for an hour. Came out nice and tender with a great flavor :thumbs:

I'm sure there's better ways to do this recipe, but we're limited with what and how we can cook lunch here.

Kanye endorses the Au Ju sauce

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 11:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2017770)
Kanye endorses the Au Ju sauce

You lost me on that one. WhadImiss?

Onebadcad 11-29-2022 11:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2017771)
You lost me on that one. WhadImiss?

He has put his rap career on hold while ranting anti-sematically, I believe he is blaming jews for all things, thus he must say 'Ah Jews' quite often.

Not my best material, but I am working on it,,,

Yadkin 11-29-2022 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2017746)
It must be true if you say so:seasix:

Thanks for the acknowledgement. :Jeff '79:

Vandelay Industries 11-29-2022 11:37am

Quote:

about a 3lb roast beast

Nice. I've got an Insta Pot and a roast minding its own business in the freezer. I need to give that a try this week. :cert:

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2017776)
He has put his rap career on hold while ranting anti-sematically, I believe he is blaming jews for all things, thus he must say 'Ah Jews' quite often.

Not my best material, but I am working on it,,,

Day job.... keep it for now :cheers:

DJ_Critterus 11-29-2022 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 2017792)
Nice. I've got an Insta Pot and a roast minding its own business in the freezer. I need to give that a try this week. :cert:

do a search for instapot recipes and you'll find a lot of great stuff out there.

snide 11-29-2022 12:34pm

Quote:

about a 3lb roast beast

*aus ju

Vandelay Industries 11-29-2022 12:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2017809)
do a search for instapot recipes and you'll find a lot of great stuff out there.

Insert [Ain't nobody got time fo Dat! Gif] here

Onebadcad 11-29-2022 1:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2017808)
Day job.... keep it for now :cheers:

Day job is mortgage dood, very slow, so my new life is in here.