The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My (deceased) hoarder neighbor Pt. 3 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137371)

zeek 04-18-2024 12:08pm

My (deceased) hoarder neighbor Pt. 3

2 Attachment(s)
For those keeping up, I had a hoarder neighbor ad he and I butted heads over his nasty property. We came to be friends before his passing so Im happy for that. Im even happier that now his relatives agreed the home was a mess and have started the clean up in anticipation of selling it.

To my advantage, they decided to cut down the messy pecan tree on the corner of the house and I convinced them to trim the other tree we me paying the extra cost. My view of the back bay has increased greatly. :yesnod:

RIP Steve, glad your relatives are a little easier to work with though....:sadangel:

Big bob 04-18-2024 12:14pm

:seasix: Now see if you can get the one's on the other side of the ditch to trim back their snake hangers.:seasix:

zeek 04-18-2024 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big bob (Post 2247771)
:seasix: Now see if you can get the one's on the other side of the ditch to trim back their snake hangers.:seasix:

That is a private park only for the residents. I know they wont trim those trees until the city makes them....which will be never...:yesnod:

Big bob 04-18-2024 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2247785)
That is a private park only for the residents. I know they wont trim those trees until the city makes them....which will be never...:yesnod:

That sucks.......That brings back memories of a friend that though he could run on water when a snake dropped in the boat.:rofl:

zeek 04-18-2024 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big bob (Post 2247791)
That sucks.......That brings back memories of a friend that though he could run on water when a snake dropped in the boat.:rofl:

Well, the good news is, Ive lived here for over 2 years now and have not seen even one snake....:seasix:

Big bob 04-18-2024 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2247793)
Well, the good news is, Ive lived here for over 2 years now and have not seen even one snake....:seasix:

The bad news is the one that gets you is the one you didn’t see. :sadangel:

GTOguy 04-18-2024 1:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big bob (Post 2247798)
The bad news is the one that gets you is the one you didn’t see. :sadangel:

I just wish I could UN-see that garish patio furniture.
Time to paint it off- white. (not flat black!)

vettemed 04-18-2024 1:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2247819)

What's the BFD? It's waterfront in Florida. I see nothing wrong with the color.

A backyard in Pittsburgh, yeah maybe it's out of place.

04 commemorative 04-18-2024 1:18pm

2 Attachment(s)
I hope you are keeping the Sago Palm....I grow them here in NJ.
Started with my 36 yr old mama palm that has given me so far 5 babies that I surgically remove and grow....in the house for the winter and out all spring,summer and some fall weather permitting.

vettemed 04-18-2024 1:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2247838)
Started with my 36 yr old mama palm that has given me so far 5 babies that I surgically remove and grow....in the house for the winter and our all spring,summer and some fall weather permitting.

Don't forget, those ****ers will melt a dog's liver if any part of the plant or seeds is eaten. It's bad.

zeek 04-18-2024 1:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2247838)
Started with my 36 yr old mama palm that has given me so far 5 babies that I surgically remove and grow....in the house for the winter and our all spring,summer and some fall weather permitting.

I have at least 10 big sago palms around the property.:yesnod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettemed (Post 2247842)
Don't forget, those ****ers will melt a dog's liver if any part of the plant or seeds is eaten. It's bad.

There are a lot of plants that will fuk up a dog and some humans. Oleander is another one.

Fortunately the only thing my dogs do is piss on the Sago's...:yesnod: :D

jw38 04-18-2024 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2247819)

Garish? We have a ****ing linguist up in this bitch!!

LATB 04-18-2024 5:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettemed (Post 2247825)
What's the BFD? It's waterfront in Florida. I see nothing wrong with the color.

A backyard in Pittsburgh, yeah maybe it's out of place.

*Mississippi

zeek 04-18-2024 5:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw38 (Post 2247993)

AND.....He's a cunning linguist....:D

Yadkin 04-18-2024 6:39pm

A bucket truck for that little tree?

JRD77VET 04-18-2024 6:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2248018)
A bucket truck for that little tree?

Why not mr brainic? :slap: Looks like it was easy to put it in place and made trimming extremely easy.

I guess you think a "real tree surgeon" would tie off to the top and swing around with a chainsaw ? Why not make the job easier and SAFER?

Yadkin 04-18-2024 7:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 2248025)
Why not mr brainic? :slap: Looks like it was easy to put it in place and made trimming extremely easy.

I guess you think a "real tree surgeon" would tie off to the top and swing around with a chainsaw ? Why not make the job easier and SAFER?

Trimming? Looks to me that he dropped it and cut the stump flush.

Big bob 04-18-2024 7:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 2248025)

He just likes to run his mouth. He just had a chainsaw thread. He had to get the barbie model because the others were to heavy. :rofl:

Yadkin 04-18-2024 7:14pm

*too

Rent free. :Jeff '79:

higgyburners 04-18-2024 8:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw38 (Post 2247993)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: He's just a retired mechanic....working his way through 101 big words for dummies.