The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120690)

04 commemorative 11-25-2019 9:55am

Happy Thanksgiving....

With moving our primary residence over 100 miles away from kids....this will be the first Thanksgiving in over 40 years we will not be hosting it My daughter and son-in-law bought a home in July and want to have Thanksgiving there so we agreed. We do travel there to watch our beautiful grandson Blaze for 2.5 days a week so it's not that much trouble but...they wanted to do it this year.
I think they are expecting 16 people ....we hope it all works out but I know I will miss the left overs and making soup from the carcass but....we'll see. If it doesn't work out ....next year we'll see if everyone will come here....if not maybe we'll have it alone on the beach.

Anyway....Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here

Mike Mercury 11-25-2019 10:04am

Quote:

this will be the first Thanksgiving in over 40 years we will not be hosting it
with six children in our family, we decided to give Mom & Dad a break. After we all moved out and was on our own... we each took turns hosting Thanksgiving & Christmas GTG's.

MrPeabody 11-25-2019 1:51pm

We do something different every year, it seems. This year my granddaughter just moved into a new house and she and he SO will be hosting. We'll be bringing the pies. Last year we hosted at the clubhouse at our mobile home park and had about 40 extended family members there. This year will be a smaller group.

The leftover problem can be solved by buying a turkey anyway (they are very cheap right now). We thawed it and my wife cut it into quarters and put it in the freezer. On Friday we will probably cook one quarter of it and have "leftovers" next weekend.

I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving!:kimblair:

Dan Dlabay 11-25-2019 4:05pm

We will be leaving tomorrow to have thanksgiving with my sister in law in Lexington Tenn. On the way down we will stop at the Corvette Museum. On Friday we will go to Memphis. Shopping the Beale St. for Memphis ribs and listen to the blue. We will spend the night at the Peabody Hotel which is known for it's ducks and ia walking distance from Beale St.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO ALL:cert:

Black94lt1 11-26-2019 2:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1687940)
We will be leaving tomorrow to have thanksgiving with my sister in law in Lexington Tenn. On the way down we will stop at the Corvette Museum. On Friday we will go to Memphis. Shopping the Beale St. for Memphis ribs and listen to the blue. We will spend the night at the Peabody Hotel which is known for it's ducks and ia walking distance from Beale St.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO ALL:cert:

The Peabody was great, I was disappointed by Beale St, seemed kind of dead. Definitely stop by the bass pro shop in the pyramid.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! We had one family thanksgiving this past Saturday and another on Thursday

dwjz06 11-26-2019 8:38am

Happy Thanksgiving.:cert:

8Up 11-27-2019 11:36am

I havent had Thanksgiving with my folks in probably 20 years or more. When we moved to Myrtle Beach we got together with some other friends that had no immediate family in the area, one of the couples from church became Grandma and Grandpa to our kids. When we moved to Columbia we traveled back to the Beach each year or they came up here and spent the night. This year its just going to be me, the Wife and 2 kids. GnG are on a cruise but they have moved about a mile from us now so we see them fairly often.

Norm 11-27-2019 12:14pm

Happy Turkey Day to all. May it be without turmoil within the family, remember, no politics at the dinner table......:D :USA:

MrPeabody 11-27-2019 1:36pm

It had to have been a man who invented Thanksgiving. It's like all the good things about Christmas without having to spend money on gifts. The women do all the cooking and clean up while we sit around on our fat asses and watch football and get drunk. It's a beautiful thing.:cert:

mrvette 11-27-2019 1:59pm

Will be about a dozen of my wife's family here tmrw......GGson, Gdau, Daughter here now....not over night, wife out now picking up two old ladies who are totally out of it......

:dance: