The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   COVID Shot (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125174)

Dan47 03-03-2021 8:52am

COVID Shot

Got the call yesterday to schedule for the shot and told them “no thank you”.

News has been reporting facts like “the more educated a person is, the more likely they are to get the vaccine” and I have to agree, that seems true. Everyone I know with an advanced degree is taking the medicine but does that mean they are smarter?

Time will tell. :dance:

Mike Mercury 03-03-2021 8:57am

I am getting mine tomorrow.

Wife's work (DoD) offered her one awhile ago; she got it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYBN_CmWsAAbvFa.jpg

C3C7NIC 03-03-2021 9:11am

Hubs and I have had both of ours. (Frontline workers but under 65).

Arm hurt like hell for 2 days. 2 extra strength Tylenol made all the difference.:thumbsup:

Of the patients I have seen most common side effects:
Injection site discomfort
Redness at injection site
Fatigue
Headache
Chills
Lymph node enlargement on the side of the injection.

All of the above symptoms are expected as the immune response is being produced.

We have injected thousands and as of yet, worst reaction was fainting, but that patient had previously passed out with ANY type of shot. :rofl:

04 commemorative 03-03-2021 9:12am

Got mine yesterday....so far penis is 5" longer (now 7")....can't wait for the 2nd one :balls:

Vandelay Industries 03-03-2021 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1863530)
Got mine yesterday....so far penis is 5" longer (now 7")....can't wait for the 2nd one :balls:

If it makes you grow a 2nd dick, that could be a game changer. :yesnod:

Dan47 03-03-2021 9:15am

Might be what they say it is and you are doing the right thing.

I haven’t seen the death I’d expect from a pandemic emergency but I have seen crazy economic nonsense being conducted by global central banks, since the crash in 08’. I can’t help but wonder if this shot might be the means to bring the “pandemic” to an end and scapegoat the economic destruction already occurring prior its appearance?

04 commemorative 03-03-2021 9:15am

:hump:

Mike Mercury 03-03-2021 9:21am

Quote:

Got mine yesterday....so far penis is 5" longer (now 7")....

uhh...

https://i.imgflip.com/2cotov.jpg

Olustee bus 03-03-2021 9:29am

Unsubstantiated side effects of getting the vaccine. Substantiated side effects of not getting the vaccine.

At my age, it becomes much more important to get it.

04 commemorative 03-03-2021 9:53am

:iagree:

mrvette 03-03-2021 10:07am

Neighbor lady nice enuff to call for wife and I to get ours.....PITA to do it, but we both got shot #1 and next week we repeat the mess.....

no reaction to it.....

:confused5:

dvarapala 03-03-2021 10:25am

Quote:

The second one shrinks it back down to 2" :funniest:

6spdC6 03-03-2021 10:32am

After playing the phone & computer game for over a month we finely got on the list. Our state goverment (NY) phucks up everything they do and this was going on here!

We finely got on the list at a close pharmacy (30 miles) and wife and I got our first shot a couple weeks ago. She could not sleep and got us on the list at about 4.30 in the morning for the shot scheduled a couple days later! On the list to get #2 on the 16.

My wife had some tenderness and what she calls chicken skin after the shot, me nothing. Wife seems to get the chicken skin on every vaccination she gets. :D

TripleBlack 03-03-2021 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1863543)
Unsubstantiated side effects of getting the vaccine. Substantiated side effects of not getting the vaccine.

Same here. Have had both shots. Minor soreness in my arm after the first. Ran a fever the day after the second shot but felt fine the following morning.

I do have one troubling side effect though. I sometimes get a strange compulsion to change the channel to MSN. Troubling. Troubling indeed.

Dan47 03-03-2021 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1863543)

Short term versus long and I’d argue “substantiated” covid deaths and other “side effects”, if I had the means to compete with multinational Corp MSM.

With all those injuries and death attributed to this virus, I’d expect to know more than one suspected death. Polio, TB, etc., left a trail of casualties. This one gave the people in government an excuse to murder individual rights and our economy.

I imagine I might feel differently if I were older but maybe not? Sadly, some number of folks are still demanding we wear masks. I hate those things.

Dan47 03-03-2021 10:39am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I’d be more apt to get it if it shrunk my junk. So many years of the cruel taunt “neiner, neiner, here comes Dan with his oversized wiener.” :D

Tripped on mine once and injured my knee. Hurt like hell. :yesnod:

dwjz06 03-03-2021 12:02pm

No Thanks:seasix:

Mike Mercury 03-03-2021 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1863553)
The second one shrinks it back down to 2"

:rofl: :funnier: :rofl:

The_Dude 03-03-2021 12:17pm

Wife and kid got their second 3 weeks ago.

Lakota 03-03-2021 12:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1863555)
After playing the phone & computer game for over a month we finely got on the list. Our state goverment (NY) phucks up everything they do and this was going on here!

We finely got on the list at a close pharmacy (30 miles) and wife and I got our first shot a couple weeks ago. She could not sleep and got us on the list at about 4.30 in the morning for the shot scheduled a couple days later! On the list to get #2 on the 16.

My wife had some tenderness and what she calls chicken skin after the shot, me nothing. Wife seems to get the chicken skin on every vaccination she gets. :D

The NYS website had available appointments at two Adirondack state vaccine sites for the whole month of February. Surprised you didn't take advantage of it.:confused5:

It would have been a 5 1/2 hour one way drive for me, so no way I would do it in winter. That said, scheduled at a Rochester state vaccine site for late March, a 1 hour 15 minute drive .

Lucked in and got the vaccine at a CVS Monday March 1, a mere 6 mile drive, 2nd dose on 3-22-21. Cancelled the Rochester appointment. :shots: