The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Relalives on Fack Book..... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125137)

mrvette 02-27-2021 6:28pm

Relalives on Fack Book.....

Any of you all been dropped off the friends list of your relatives???

:sadangel:

Steve_R 02-27-2021 6:29pm

I’m not on Facebook. Never have been.

Chemtrails99 02-27-2021 7:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1862459)

I don't have any relatives left, but a bunch of former friends are no more. Good riddance.:seasix:

Giraffe (He/Him) 02-27-2021 7:14pm

No but I’ve dropped a couple. Politics. Not their view, the fact that’s ALL they post about.

Murray 02-27-2021 8:33pm

Quote:

I dropped Monk like a hot potato but don’t remember having issues with family

Datawiz 02-27-2021 8:36pm

Quote:

I don't do facebook. I don't do any other social media sites. I write software for a living, I know what they can do with the power of their platforms.

VB is the extent of my existence on the net, and there's a reason I don't call my daughter by her name, just GWiz. Even still, big data can figure it out. It's scary. :willy:

Don't give your info to these clowns.

markids77 02-27-2021 8:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1862495)
I don't do facebook. I don't do any other social media sites. I write software for a living, I know what they can do with the power of their platforms.

VB is the extent of my existence on the net, and there's a reason I don't call my daughter by her name, just GWiz. Even still, big data can figure it out. It's scary. :willy:

We have not yet met but I know not only your first name and approximately where you live, but also G's full name as you have shared that here.

Datawiz 02-27-2021 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1862503)
We have not yet met but I know not only your first name and approximately where you live, but also G's full name as you have shared that here.

Correct, I have. You being a patron of this site, have seen her name. And honestly, like I said, Big Data already knows everything about me. I refuse to share "my life" on social media. I truly don't like "tagging" and 6 degrees of separation. Look at all of the careers ruined because of what they post on facebook.

Bill 02-27-2021 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasTheGiraffe (Post 1862474)
No but I’ve dropped a couple. Politics. Not their view, the fact that’s ALL they post about.

Send 'em an invite over here!

:hide:

:leaving:

dvarapala 02-27-2021 8:54pm

Quote:

I've never been dropped off of anyone's friends list because I'm not controversial. on Facebook

Steve_R 02-27-2021 9:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1862510)
I've never been dropped off of anyone's friends list because I have no friends. anywhere

Yeah, we know.

Murray 02-27-2021 9:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1862523)
Yeah, we know.

:rofl: :rofl:

ZipZap 02-27-2021 10:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1862495)

I know her name, but f-me if I could actually spell it:rofl:

Vandelay Industries 02-27-2021 10:30pm

I'm not on fakebook, never have been on fakebook and never will be on fakebook.

So I guess I have a perfect record of never having been defriended. :fastguy:

Aerovette 02-27-2021 11:12pm

I have nothing to hide except my browser history. :Jeff '79:

TripleBlack 02-27-2021 11:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1862510)
I've never been dropped off of anyone's friends list because I'm not controversial. on Facebook

This. Well almost... I'm not controversial here either. I'm on Facebook although I despise it. I use it, and Instagram to a lesser degree, to keep up with family scattered around the country. It's also a good resource for my hobby interests. And during our recent weather event in Texas Facebook and Twitter were very helpful getting local information on rolling blackouts and drinking water issues.
I don't permit "tagging" of my page. I don't "like", comment on, or share any political posts, even from family or friends. I block everyone who posts political crap with the exception of a few very close friends. I use a Firefox extension called Social Fixer that lets me block "suggested ads and posts", political posts, and other crap I don't want to see.
And speaking of Firefox, I have another very helpful extension that replaces text on webpages based on my configuration. For example, all instances of "Pedo Joe", "President PedoJoe" or just "PedoJoe" are replaced with "PedoJoe". Well crap... it even replaces what I type. Not sure how it will be displayed in my post. It replaces B i d e n, with "Pedo Joe". The extension is "Fox Replace" if you are interested.
BTY Fox Replace comes in handy on VB too... I can replace all occurrences of "Snide" with "IB4Snide". :D

snide 02-28-2021 7:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 1862533)
I'm not on fakebook, never have been on fakebook and never will be on fakebook.

So I guess I have a perfect record of never having been defriended. :fastguy:

Friend request rescinded.

snide 02-28-2021 7:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleBlack (Post 1862546)
This. Well almost... I'm not controversial here either. I'm on Facebook although I despise it. I use it, and Instagram to a lesser degree, to keep up with family scattered around the country. It's also a good resource for my hobby interests. And during our recent weather event in Texas Facebook and Twitter were very helpful getting local information on rolling blackouts and drinking water issues.
I don't permit "tagging" of my page. I don't "like", comment on, or share any political posts, even from family or friends. I block everyone who posts political crap with the exception of a few very close friends. I use a Firefox extension called Social Fixer that lets me block "suggested ads and posts", political posts, and other crap I don't want to see.
And speaking of Firefox, I have another very helpful extension that replaces text on webpages based on my configuration. For example, all instances of "Pedo Joe", "President PedoJoe" or just "PedoJoe" are replaced with "PedoJoe". Well crap... it even replaces what I type. Not sure how it will be displayed in my post. It replaces B i d e n, with "Pedo Joe". The extension is "Fox Replace" if you are interested.
BTY Fox Replace comes in handy on VB too... I can replace all occurrences of "Snide" with "IB4Snide". :D

:toetap::toetap::toetap:

:funnier::funnier::funnier:

Vandelay Industries 02-28-2021 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1862559)
Friend request rescinded.

Dammit! :nutkick:

Norm 02-28-2021 9:53am

No fb for me, way too much intrusion when first started, that was it for me.