The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   SF residents told to ‘tolerate burglaries’ (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127211)

VITE1 11-08-2021 7:20am

SF residents told to ‘tolerate burglaries’

https://eastvalleypost.com/san-franc...te-burglaries/

The people of SF have the government and the society they have voted for over the decades. They need to embrace it.

Quote:

San Francisco Chronicle ripped for asking if residents should ‘tolerate burglaries’
‘Actual words printed in an actual newspaper’

Published 1 min ago on November 8, 2021By eastvalleypost San Francisco Chronicle ripped for asking if residents should ‘tolerate burglaries’
Social media users wondered if the San Francisco Chronicle had published satire when the outlet asked if residents should start to “tolerate” burglaries as part of their every day life amid a recent crime surge.

San Francisco has seen an increase in shootings, assaults, shoplifting, car break-ins and more in recent months. The city’s Central District, by way of example, experienced a 753% increase in car break-ins from May 2020 to May 2021. More than 150 families were so fearful they even hired private security to protect their property.

The rate of burglaries has been particularly concerning. As of Oct. 31, San Francisco police had received reports of 810 burglaries or attempted burglaries this year in the jurisdiction of the Mission District Police Station, a 13% increase from this time last year, according to the Chronicle.

Crime has apparently become so commonplace in the city that the Chronicle asked readers if residents should start to “tolerate” burglaries.

“Residents and city leaders are searching for answers: should they tolerate burglaries as a part of city living, and focus on barricading homes? Should repeat offenders get rehabilitation services, or be incarcerated so they can’t commit more crimes?” the outlet tweeted.

The piece notes the city is in a “quandary” as it tries to pursue criminal justice reform while “debating how to manage rates of property crime that for years have been among the highest in the nation.” While some residents are “appalled” by the crime, others have learned to “grudgingly accept this element of city living.”

Social media users shook their heads in response, with some asking “what the hell is going on” in the Golden City.

Others suggested residents take their safety into their own hands.

The city police department reportedly struggled to maintain order while dealing with a shortage of hundreds of officers. Many in law enforcement have decided to retire early amid an uptick in violent crime and calls to defund police departments in the wake of the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis in the summer of 2020. His death sparked a wave of violent riots and protests in major cities throughout the U.S.

Some in law enforcement, including San Francisco Police Officers Association, have also blamed the carnage on the liberal policies of Mayor London Breed and District Attorney Chesa Boudin.

“This brazen criminal behavior is endured every single day by San Franciscans and it is the direct result of District Attorney Chesa Boudin and his enablers’ criminals-first agenda,” SFPOA President Tony Montoya said in a statement in June.

Dan47 11-08-2021 8:01am

1 Attachment(s)
Never in my life could I have imagined this taking place in a city in the U.S.

MadInNc 11-08-2021 8:51am

Is all this just a joke out there?

was a nice town when i traveled weekly there ~20 years ago.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-08-2021 8:58am

OP, you’re as bad at headline writing as CNN. They weren’t told anything whatsoever.

Louie Detroit 11-08-2021 9:03am

That Chesa bastard needs to be run through a wood chipper.

mrvette 11-08-2021 9:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1921015)
Is all this just a joke out there?

was a nice town when i traveled weekly there ~20 years ago.

I remember being there on vacation some 40 years ago....before kids....and it was a nice clean place....BUT this invasion of bums and illegals shitting on all the streets in CA. has changed it......:sadangel::sadangel::issues:

Strats-N-Vettes 11-08-2021 9:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1921016)
OP, you’re as bad at headline writing as CNN. They weren’t told anything whatsoever.

:Jeff '79:

Steve_R 11-08-2021 9:31am

[pHrEd] It's a shithole, but it has nice weather. :yesnod: [/pHrEd]

gs568 11-08-2021 11:01am

As a San Francisco native, I have seen career corrupt liberal politicians destroy this once great city. Dems count on the ignorance of their constituents. Until they wake up and see that the Dems don’t have the answer to fixing what is wrong, the city will continue to go down the drain.

DJ_Critterus 11-08-2021 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs568 (Post 1921034)
As a San Francisco native, I have seen career corrupt liberal politicians destroy this once great city. Dems count on the ignorance of their constituents. Until they wake up and see that the Dems don’t have the answer to fixing what is wrong, the city will continue to go down the drain.

They won't wake up. Hell, it seems all of the non-demofelons are moving out.

Bill 11-08-2021 11:39am

The thing that doesn't make sense is, the property prices in these dystopian Hellholes where anarcho-tyranny rules the street are still sky high. Usually out of control crime brings property prices down.

Aerovette 11-08-2021 2:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1921041)
The thing that doesn't make sense is, the property prices in these dystopian Hellholes where anarcho-tyranny rules the street are still sky high. Usually out of control crime brings property prices down.

Psaki thanks you for acknowledging that Joe Biden is keeping property values high in spite of rising crime rates.

VITE1 11-08-2021 4:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1921041)

Taiwanese and Chinese are buying up the place. to them the prices are a bargain.

mrvette 11-08-2021 5:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1921065)
Taiwanese and Chinese are buying you the place. to them the prices are a bargain.

SO as live ability decreases, they don't want the joint either......

:dance::issues:

Louie Detroit 11-09-2021 6:47am

Actually, this isn’t anything really new, they’ve been tolerating turd burglars for years now.

VITE1 11-11-2021 5:02pm

Now LA.
https://ussanews.com/lapd-advises-ci...-with-robbers/

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-11-2021 5:13pm

Quote:

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) tweeted a release Tuesday advising city residents to “cooperate and comply” when being robbed.

Yeah, police departments have been advising this for what, 30 years? Probably longer.

Find me a link to any PD in the country that advises you challenge them.

NEED-A-VETTE 11-11-2021 5:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1921698)
Yeah, police departments have been advising this for what, 30 years? Probably longer.

Find me a link to any PD in the country that advises you challenge them.

I was just going to say the same thing. :funny: And companies also have policies where they don’t want their employees putting their lives in danger over money or merchandise. This is not new. :shrug:

Aerovette 11-11-2021 6:28pm

I think Wal-Mart greeters should all be armed.

dvarapala 11-11-2021 7:19pm

SF is a lost cause.