The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Suicide bombers were in our sights... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126771)

VITE1 09-02-2021 10:53am

Suicide bombers were in our sights...

And the DoD refused to give permission to take them out. If this is true the blood of all the American and Afghani dead are on the hands of this administration.

https://thepostmillennial.com/former...wGRPyEQeQ4PLss

Quote:

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roger Pardo-Maurer spoke about the suicide bombing at the Kabul International Airport on Thursday, saying that the "Department of Defense already knew who the bomber was."

The suicide bombing, which took the lives of 13 members of the US Armed Forces, happed while evacuations of Americans and Afghan allies were underway during the final days of the 20-year war in that nation.
Director of MRC Latino, Jorge Bonilla posted the interview with Pardo-Maurer said the Department of Defense also knew "where and when" the attack would happen. He said that "a Predator drone had a lock on him," and that the DOD "refused to grant permission to fire upon that bomber."
He said that permission "was requested and was denied." In Pardo-Maurer's view, the reason for this denial is "Because we are in this process of negotiating with the Taliban, who aren't even in control of their own government or their own people."

The death toll in Afghanistan from the attack was over 100. The US is continued evacuations. Head of US Central Command General Frank McKenzie said shortly thereafter that more attacks were likely.
There are still Americans in Afghanistan, which the administration has said is in the "very low hundreds."

DJ_Critterus 09-02-2021 12:37pm

Joesama needs to hang for this. Sirius!

Mike Mercury 09-02-2021 1:08pm

Quote:

"a Predator drone had a lock on him," and that the DOD "refused to grant permission to fire upon that bomber."
that's because the first line of action was to give the terrorist a few boxes of
mail-in ballots... not kill him. When the govt check and ballots didn't
arrive in time, he set-off the bomb.

Dan Dlabay 09-02-2021 1:33pm

I that is true than not only Biden also the secretary of state defense and the military command at the pentagon should be brought up on criminal charges.

gs568 09-02-2021 1:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1909978)
Joesama needs to hang for this. Sirius!

Joe and Obama. Yes.

VITE1 09-02-2021 3:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs568 (Post 1910007)
Joe and Obama. Yes.

They are not the problem. The people who voted for them are. They are ignorant of history and reality.

YadKareNNN 09-02-2021 3:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1910065)
They are not the problem. The people who voted for them are. They are ignorant of history and reality.

Very few voted for Biten. It's the corrupt vote counters who should be rounded up, tried for treason and summarily hung.

markids77 09-02-2021 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1909937)
And the DoD refused to give permission to take them out. If this is true the blood of all the American and Afghani dead are on the hands of this administration.

https://thepostmillennial.com/former...wGRPyEQeQ4PLss

Let's see... the Predator carries Hellfires and maybe Paveways, right?... How many might have been killed adding our explosion the the bomber's?
I can see the headlines now: Hundreds killed in American thermobaric bomb blast in Kabul!!!!! Flame suit on guys; just another viewpoint so no death threats please.

VITE1 09-02-2021 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1910114)
Let's see... the Predator carries Hellfires and maybe Paveways, right?... How many might have been killed adding our explosion the the bomber's?
I can see the headlines now: Hundreds killed in American thermobaric bomb blast in Kabul!!!!! Flame suit on guys; just another viewpoint so no death threats please.

A liberal once told my father we should not have dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. My Father looked at the fool and said " how many Japanese is your son worth" ?

That should always be our answer.

DJ_Critterus 09-02-2021 7:55pm

Quote:

They carry other non explosive munitions that open up what are basically swords. the bomb spins with them out and then can take out car loads with no explosives. Been in use for years.

YadKareNNN 09-02-2021 8:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1910122)
A liberal once told my father we should not have dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. My Father looked at the fool and said " how many Japanese is your son worth" ?

That should always be our answer.

Those bombs saved millions of Japanese lives too.

VatorMan 09-02-2021 8:16pm

Quote:

When you care more for the other side than our soldiers, you think like this.

VITE1 09-02-2021 8:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 1910125)
Those bombs saved millions of Japanese lives too.

The liberals can't wrap their head around that fact. If we had landed the Japanese people would have been slaughtered.