The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ft Hood shooting (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830)

MYSCZ06 11-06-2009 3:43am

Ft Hood shooting

Im sure you have all heard about it...Im not sure if I want to go home back to Hood now :leaving:

PortDawg 11-06-2009 6:20am

Watch and see how the Army overcorrrects the ship because of this.

At least they got the loser who did it. He really should get the death penalty.

Publicly...

MYSCZ06 11-06-2009 6:38am

yea I cna imagine the out come of this and the stuff that will be put in place...thanks god I only have just under 90day s when i get back till I leave!

09CTSV 11-06-2009 7:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 10495)
Watch and see how the Army overcorrrects the ship because of this.

At least they got the loser who did it. He really should get the death penalty.

Publicly...

That would be too good for him.

PortDawg 11-06-2009 7:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 10510)
That would be too good for him.

Leavenworth...

General Population...

MYSCZ06 11-06-2009 7:26am

we were talking in the office (we are all from ft hood) they should drop him off at Clear CreekPX and if he can make it to Warrior Way PX alive then he only gets life in prison.. it be about a 5 mile trip for him...Im guessing he wouldnt make it out the parking lot.. :beat:

Vet4jdc 11-06-2009 7:26am

Prayers go out to the families of our fallen heros!

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Munch 11-06-2009 8:04am

It definitely won't go well for him. Damn psychos.

NEVRL8T 11-06-2009 8:11am

This hits close to home for my family. My grandfather was a life long military man from WWII until he retired in 1985. He spent many a summer camp at Fort Hood. My BIL is a captain in a Apache unit in the Big Red One at Fort Riley, Kansas. He has done three tours of Iraq. This doesn't make Army life any easier for my sister and their children. It almost seems like you could charge this guy with being an enemy of the United States.

TR6speed 11-06-2009 9:57am

First off my prayers go out to all of the families at Ft Hood. It seems hard to believe that there were no red flags on this guy. According to the reports I heard, and read, he has denounced the wars. Has written letters to the president protesting them, and is a devout Muslim. Seems to me someone should have been just a little interested/concerned about him. He received below average fitness evaluation at Walter Reed, his last duty station, yet he was a major.

Z06David 11-06-2009 10:53am

absolutely horrible!! I'm glad the shooter survived so he can pay, they should release him to the general population and let the problem be taken care of.

DropTheTop 11-06-2009 10:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR6speed (Post 10574)
First off my prayers go out to all of the families at Ft Hood. It seems hard to believe that there were no red flags on this guy. According to the reports I heard, and read, he has denounced the wars. Has written letters to the president protesting them, and is a devout Muslim. Seems to me someone should have been just a little interested/concerned about him. He received below average fitness evaluation at Walter Reed, his last duty station, yet he was a major.

Hate to say it, but they may have been just waiting for this guy to snap. I believe there were in fact raised awareness on this guy. Wouldn't be the first time they let someone follow through with their intentions. Just sayin . . .

Culookin 11-06-2009 12:03pm

I heard about this on the news yesterday... I worked under Maj (Dr.) Hasan when I was on my psych rotation at WRAMC :eek:. No red flags whatsoever. As we've all said, the psychiatrists' are all :willy: My thoughts and prayers are with the fallen soldiers in Texas... Just hope I can get onto WRAMC base today....

MYSCZ06 11-06-2009 12:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culookin (Post 10602)
I heard about this on the news yesterday... I worked under Maj (Dr.) Hasan when I was on my psych rotation at WRAMC :eek:. No red flags whatsoever. As we've all said, the psychiatrists' are all :willy: My thoughts and prayers are with the fallen soldiers in Texas... Just hope I can get onto WRAMC base today....

No **** you used to work with him..thats nuts!

BuckyThreadkiller 11-06-2009 2:01pm

My cousin is a doctor at Hood. Works in the floor below where Hasan did. He said they rode the elevator together just the other day.

He also said it was a major cluster getting off post last night. got in his car at 6:30 and got to his house in Temple at 8:30.

comp 11-07-2009 4:17pm

wonder if there was a med problem to add

Sneaks 11-07-2009 9:40pm

There is nothing horrific enough that can be done to that SOB. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

bizaro 11-07-2009 9:52pm

Going to a candlelight vigil tomorrow night. This one hit close to home. Staff Sgt. Amy Krueger Kiel, Wisconsin

Godspeed Amy

http://cmsimg.sheboygan-press.com/ap...W=318&Border=0

http://cmsimg.sheboygan-press.com/ap...W=180&Border=0 :patriot:

MYSCZ06 11-08-2009 6:33am

^^ beautiful girl very sad Im sure she will be dearly missed!