The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ♥♥♥ Show Me Your Test Results ♥♥♥ (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124110)

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-18-2020 4:08am

♥♥♥ Show Me Your Test Results ♥♥♥

I think it's safe to say if this is put into practice my concert days are over. Unless it's Miley of course. :Jeff '79:

Quote:

The coronavirus pandemic has had a devastating effect on the entertainment industry. Now, one company has the framework in place to allow spectators to attend concerts and sporting events safely.

"2020 has been a devastating year for the music industry," Dave Brooks, senior director of Touring and Live Music for Billboard, said. "Venues can't open, shows can't happen, bands can't go on tour."

However, Brooks said there may be some hope. That's because Ticketmaster and Billboard announced a plan that could allow for a safe return to these venues.

"Most concert professionals feel like they really can't have a return to live music until there's some type of inoculation or at least control over the virus," Brooks said.

The idea allows fans to prove they're COVID-free before entering a venue. After purchasing a ticket, they simply use the Ticketmaster app to show the results of a recent coronavirus test or prove they received the vaccine, once it's available.

"If you need to prove that you're COVID-free, these companies will basically be your digital ID card to do that," Brooks said.
Linky-Link

z06psi 11-18-2020 4:24am

Nope, nope, nope.

z06psi 11-18-2020 4:24am

And nope.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-18-2020 4:39am

Doesn't this violate some HIPAA laws?

z06psi 11-18-2020 5:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1823692)

Not if you give them full permission.

Nope.

snide 11-18-2020 6:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1823692)

Probably.

simpleman68 11-18-2020 9:04am

Really bummed too; so many good shows I wanted to see last year. Now they're hanging in limbo.
Scott

dvarapala 11-18-2020 10:38am

:bs:

If I develop natural immunity (by catching and then recovering from the virus) I'm just as safe as someone who took a vaccine if not more so - are these assholes still gonna make me take a vaccine? And what happens after the vaccine wears off? Do I still get a green light to attend concerts? :crazy:

DJ_Critterus 11-18-2020 11:20am

Nope.... I'll sell the tix I have for Jimmy Buffet and The Impractical Jokers before I share any medical information with these assholes. At work all I have to do is show I'm symptom free and it's good enough for a state institution. I've already paid for my tickets and I'm not playing this "move the goal posts" bullshit with ticket bastard or anyone else.

DAB 11-18-2020 11:24am

"16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Stangkiller 11-18-2020 12:45pm

I heard they would take your temperature instead....but they only use rectal thermometers.

DJ_Critterus 11-18-2020 2:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1823834)
I heard they would take your temperature instead....but they only use rectal thermometers.

Knooger started that rumor :yesnod: