The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I have a legitimate question about the Barn Raising event moving forward.. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31641)

...Whitepower... 03-19-2012 10:19pm

I have a legitimate question about the Barn Raising event moving forward..

Why not rotate cities/regions.

Why not alternate dates?

My wife and I got hitched memorial day weekend in 02 so if the event continues to be held that weekend I am pretty much guaranteed never to make it..... Ever... I'm sure others have or will miss out due to family travel plans to that holiday weekend, etc.

Discuss..

snide 03-19-2012 10:20pm

Fail to plan ahead, you did. :slap:

:D

DJ_Critterus 03-19-2012 10:22pm

Get a divorce and then get remarried on a boring weekend when shit usually never happens (like in October). Problem solved.

...Whitepower... 03-19-2012 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 615635)
Fail to plan ahead, you did. :slap:

:D

I got hitched waaaaaaay before I got my vette and knew of CF.

Y2Kvert4me 03-19-2012 10:48pm

The event location already IS planned to rotate. That idea was born over a dining room table in Texas last year (which wasn't during Mem. day weekend btw).

And by no means is the date locked in either. When we saw that CF lost their NCM event, it made complete sense for us to seize that opportunity, which is exactly what we did.
Let's face it, the bulk of CI regulars were already accustomed to being there that weekend, to change the weekend would be unwise.

There has been no talk of BRIII just yet, but you can bet it will be a heavily-discussed topic at this year's event.

My personal opinion is that it should move to the middle east coast area next year, because after all, that is the location of the barn this forum was named after. (yes, the barn is a real place located in Suffolk, VA).

Of course we will try our best to do what most people want, so maybe it'll be elsewhere, it's anyone's guess at this point.

Pick any weekend between April and October, and there bound to be a conflicting event happening somewhere, and someone with personal schedule conflicts. That's just the way it is.

But as you noted, it's good reason not to keep it the same every year. :yesnod:

:cheers:

island14 03-19-2012 10:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... (Post 615639)
I got hitched waaaaaaay before I got my vette and knew of CF.

See????

Got your priorities all rong didn'tcha

Stangkiller 03-19-2012 10:55pm

Mark, my sister is getting married memorial weekend (Sunday) there in Atl..will you be around?

DJ_Critterus 03-19-2012 10:58pm

We could party our asses off in the real Vette Barn next year :yesnod:

joecaver 03-20-2012 4:00am

I have never been able to attend the CI and now the BR because of the date. Mrs joecavers family holds a reunion every Memorial Day weekend. I would like to see a date change too so I could come and meet some of you folks.

Y2Kvert4me 03-20-2012 4:35am

I guess the other thing to mention here, for those that never attended a CI (but applicable to this year's BRII event too). Is that this thing gets started on a Wednesday. :yesnod:

For those able to take time off during the week, it's quite possible to come for a day or two and still be home for the holiday weekend. Many people do exactly that. Wed-Fri have traditionally been the best attended days.

Bowling Green is a 9 hour drive for me, and there was one year I drove to Bowling Green on a Thurs, said my hellos and partied Thurs night, then drove back home Fri. :lilred:

...Whitepower... 03-20-2012 5:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 615674)
Mark, my sister is getting married memorial weekend (Sunday) there in Atl..will you be around?

Headed to Vegas the weekend of the 19th which should be the week before the holiday. So I'll be atound I believe.

...Whitepower... 03-20-2012 5:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 615729)
I guess the other thing to mention here, for those that never attended a CI (but applicable to this year's BRII event too). Is that this thing gets started on a Wednesday. :yesnod:

For those able to take time off during the week, it's quite possible to come for a day or two and still be home for the holiday weekend. Many people do exactly that. Wed-Fri have traditionally been the best attended days.

Bowling Green is a 9 hour drive for me, and there was one year I drove to Bowling Green on a Thurs, said my hellos and partied Thurs night, then drove back home Fri. :lilred:

I'm actually targeting Kentucky and TN accounts right now so that with any luck I can do a day trip up there say hi and drive back Friday as my anniversery is Friday this year. This way I can expense the whole trip.:D

Jeff '79 03-20-2012 6:18am

Good....I'd like to make it one of these times.... If it was closer to me, I'd show up and embarrass myself.:seasix: $30.00 for the food is a killer deal too. Man what a 3 day feast

VatorMan 03-20-2012 6:36am

Yea, my family has started planning Family outings around Memorial Day-so a change of dates and location works for me.

GentleBen 03-20-2012 10:27am

I also agree that a change of venue might be nice but I would like to stick with the current dates (i.e., the week before Memorial Day) as I have my boss well accustomed to my annual vacation in conjunction with CI/BRs.

I've been at the last six CIs and will make this years BR II event and my boss knows that this is the immovable date.

kingpin 03-20-2012 10:30am

I'd say your wife is very good at thinking ahead.
Now she's got you tied up on Memorial Day for the rest of your life.

Poor Whitey!

DAB 03-20-2012 10:37am

agree that moving BR around is a good idea, we started in TX last year, will be in KY this year....next year, who knows.

i will say, if it moves any further east than Bowling Green, i won't be attending that one, just too far to travel for me. i'm not flying anywhere. looking at a 2 day drive this year, that's 4 days on the road and 3 days with all y'all.

i could see it taking place in the south one year, the northeast, out west (could finally include the west coast peeps)....

and as i noted last year, the week prior to Memorial Day worked better, as there are lots of events on that weekend that peeps like to go to and races they like to watch.

see you in BG in about 2 months, look forward to hearing about future plans down the road.

onedef92 03-20-2012 11:19am

Why not rotate cities/regions.

Why not alternate dates?

Because only Nixon can go to China? :confused5:

Butterfly71 03-20-2012 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me
The event location already IS planned to rotate. That idea was born over a dining room table in Texas last year (which wasn't during Mem. day weekend btw).

And by no means is the date locked in either. When we saw that CF lost their NCM event, it made complete sense for us to seize that opportunity, which is exactly what we did.
Let's face it, the bulk of CI regulars were already accustomed to being there that weekend, to change the weekend would be unwise.

There has been no talk of BRIII just yet, but you can bet it will be a heavily-discussed topic at this year's event.

My personal opinion is that it should move to the middle east coast area next year, because after all, that is the location of the barn this forum was named after. (yes, the barn is a real place located in Suffolk, VA).

Of course we will try our best to do what most people want, so maybe it'll be elsewhere, it's anyone's guess at this point.

Pick any weekend between April and October, and there bound to be a conflicting event happening somewhere, and someone with personal schedule conflicts. That's just the way it is.

But as you noted, it's good reason not to keep it the same every year. :yesnod:

:cheers:

VA or anywhere on the East Coast would be great for us :cheers:

BuckyThreadkiller 03-20-2012 11:56am

Do it in Vegas the week of SEMA. End of October.