The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   WTF is wrong with commercials? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127305)

theandies 11-20-2021 4:30pm

WTF is wrong with commercials?

Every ****ing commercial (I really don't watch too much live TV anymore but.....) is either all ethnic, gay, mixed race and the list goes on. In a country that is 70+% white you expect me to believe that this "diversity" is the norm these days.

I'm so ****ing sick of this "diversity" bullshit being shoved down our throats every day when reality is vastly different.

Every company that I see showing this bullshit I write down and will not do business with them.

DJ_Critterus 11-20-2021 5:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1923568)
Every ****ing commercial (I really don't watch too much live TV anymore but.....) is either all ethnic, gay, mixed race and the list goes on. In a country that is 70+% white you expect me to believe that this "diversity" is the norm these days.

I'm so ****ing sick of this "diversity" bullshit being shoved down our throats every day when reality is vastly different.

Every company that I see showing this bullshit I write down and will not do business with them.

Yeah, that shit got old really fast.

Jeff '79 11-20-2021 5:13pm

Ya, all of those drug commercials are ridiculous.:yesnod:

gs568 11-20-2021 5:15pm

Sick of the pandering bullshit.

Mick 11-20-2021 6:20pm

The TV feed I watch (digital antenna on my roof for broadcast channels), nearly all of the commercials are either Jimmy (JJ) Walker or Joe Namath yatting on about Medicare supplements and such. It's almost like there is a target market there or something. :shrug:

the new me 11-20-2021 7:13pm

This all started about 30 years ago when commercials began depicting men as stupid and their wives humiliating them by completing simple tasks that the supposed husband was unable to complete. I stopped doing business with companies that advertised that way, too.

JRD77VET 11-20-2021 9:08pm

It's just the liberal assholes trying to acclimate you to accept their perverse ways as normal.

DAB 11-20-2021 9:55pm

You watch commercials??

Lakota 11-21-2021 6:13am

Progressive Insurance Commercial with Dr. Rick preventing younger people from becoming their parents are witty and watchable. :shots:

VITE1 11-21-2021 8:30am

The advertisers need to make sure they hit all the right buttons in each commercial. My guess is people sit and count POC and gays and complain when too few are in a single products adds.

Strats-N-Vettes 11-21-2021 8:37am

Traeger bbq pit ad

zeek 11-21-2021 8:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1923568)

At the rate these POS are crossing our southern border, it wont be 70% or even a majority anymore...:yesnod:

DJ_Critterus 11-21-2021 9:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakota (Post 1923658)
Progressive Insurance Commercial with Dr. Rick preventing younger people from becoming their parents are witty and watchable. :shots:

Dr. Rick | Methods | Progressive Insurance Commercial - YouTube

Again, making white people look like complete morons.... I'd expect nothing less from a company named PROGRESSIVE that is owned and run by a bunchof damn liberals progressives.

Strats-N-Vettes 11-21-2021 9:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1923681)
Again, making white people look like complete morons....

People has been made to look like stooges in all humorous commercials since commercials aired.
In an all white humorous commercials; a white has to look like a stooge. :island14:

And if you want to think further; back in the days of radio it was all white, and crackers were invisible stooges.

6spdC6 11-21-2021 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1923685)
People has been made to look like stooges in all humorous commercials since commercials aired.
In an all white humorous commercials; a white has to look like a stooge. :island14:

And if you want to think further; back in the days of radio it was all white
, and crackers were invisible stooges.

And Amos and Andy was well listened to & later watched on the tube and laughed at by all! PS that means blacks. First broadcast was 1928

Strats-N-Vettes 11-21-2021 11:07am

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1923692)
And Amos and Andy was well listened to & later watched on the tube and
laughed at by all!
PS that means blacks. First broadcast was 1928

:iagree:
There are more things to be cranky about than tv commercials that may or may not be purposely made to have whites appear to be dumb.

Although; take a look at antifa, msm, tide pod eaters, ***** hat wearers, haters of white Christian conservative males, pro mask-vax, etc... = predominantly white, so, it doesn't take a tv commercial for "an appearance of" when the real deal is played out daily. :island14:

dvarapala 11-21-2021 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1923583)
The TV feed I watch (digital antenna on my roof for broadcast channels), nearly all of the commercials are either Jimmy (JJ) Walker or Joe Namath yatting on about Medicare supplements and such. It's almost like there is a target market there or something. :shrug:

Apparently geezers are the only ones still watching broadcast television. :funniest:

6spdC6 11-21-2021 11:18am

Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The TV feed I watch (digital antenna on my roof for broadcast channels), nearly all of the commercials are either Jimmy (JJ) Walker or Joe Namath yatting on about Medicare supplements and such. It's almost like there is a target market there or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1923701)
Apparently geezers are the only ones still watching broadcast television. :funniest:

I do not have or watch broadcast TV, those has beens and a few others are on the cable TV more than the trip and fall suing lawyers are. (and thats a lot)

Strats-N-Vettes 11-21-2021 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1923701)

Jokes on you dumb-dumb; my flip phone don't even catch broadcast TV. :dixie:

Aerovette 11-21-2021 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new me (Post 1923593)
This all started about 30 years ago when commercials began depicting men as stupid and their wives humiliating them by completing simple tasks that the supposed husband was unable to complete. I stopped doing business with companies that advertised that way, too.

Equally unrealistic. The chauvinist in me is very clear that a world run and maintained by women would collapse in within 28 days.

If men just came to a complete stop and stood in place or went home and did ZERO, things would turn to shit immediately. If women did the same, within a week, someone might notice.