The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hey Sandy, where's the Instagram thread? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122473)

MrPeabody 04-28-2020 10:09pm

Hey Sandy, where's the Instagram thread?

We miss it!:waiting:

NEED-A-VETTE 04-28-2020 10:54pm

I know! I know!! :nonod:

Been really busy with work. I was in the office more than I wanted to be. Except now I am home this week waiting on my own test results...due to exposure from two coworkers that both tested positive last week. :rolleyes: :mad: Im relatively sure that I’ll be negative but you never know. :shrug:

Just been tired and exhausted. :ack:

But I have some pics saved up, so I’ll post one this weekend.

simpleman68 04-29-2020 8:49am

I was expecting to read, "hey Sandy, where's the Sandy?"

Good to hear from you, particularly in your environment. Hope the test comes back negative; 2 weeks of feeling like toasted shit ain't fun.
Scott

snide 04-29-2020 11:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1760730)
I know! I know!! :nonod:

Been really busy with work. I was in the office more than I wanted to be. Except now I am home this week waiting on my own test results...due to exposure from two coworkers that both tested positive last week. :rolleyes: :mad: Im relatively sure that I’ll be negative but you never know. :shrug:

Just been tired and exhausted. :ack:

But I have some pics saved up, so I’ll post one this weekend.

Oh noes!!!! You have the 'rona!!!!1!!! :willy::willy::willy:

BOTY 04-29-2020 11:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1760899)
Oh noes!!!! You have the 'rona!!!!1!!! :willy::willy::willy:

I hope not, probably just overworked/ stressed. I know my wife is. :sadangel:

snide 04-29-2020 12:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1760905)
I hope not, probably just overworked/ stressed. I know my wife is. :sadangel:

Yeah, I wouldn't want Sandy, or anyone else, such as your wife, to actually get this disease.

:cheers:

BOTY 04-29-2020 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1760924)
Yeah, I wouldn't want Sandy, or anyone else, such as your wife, to actually get this disease.

:cheers:

I know everyone appreciates the front line employees in healthcare, but the behind the scenes finance,insurance and IT are getting their azzes kicked as well. :seasix: Trying to figure all this chit out and it changes everyday.

Ol Timer 04-29-2020 12:25pm

You realize the instagram thread is an essential service, right?

69camfrk 04-29-2020 2:52pm

Wishing you the best. Not to worry, I had an old coworker get it and live. He was out of work for a few weeks, and is back. Either way, I'm sure you will be fine, but still hoping for the negative result!:seasix:

MrPeabody 04-29-2020 7:12pm

It's okay, Sandy. Take your time and do it when you are ready and have the time. We will be here ready to appreciate it when you do.:yesnod::seasix:

JRD77VET 04-29-2020 7:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1760927)
I know everyone appreciates the front line employees in healthcare, but the behind the scenes finance,insurance and IT are getting their azzes kicked as well. :seasix: Trying to figure all this chit out and it changes everyday.

Don't forget the machinists and welders and other folks who actually MAKE the items needed :yesnod:

markids77 04-29-2020 8:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1761138)
Don't forget the machinists and welders and other folks who actually MAKE the items needed :yesnod:

And us folk who sell the parts to keep it all together and working.

Bill 04-29-2020 8:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1761160)
And us folk who sell the parts to keep it all together and working.

And the folks who serve the pipeline companies that keep the fuel rolling for the trucks and cars that get products and people where they need to go!

When you think about it, EVERY job is essential, because every job enables the worker to pay for the goods and services that make the world go round. If no one could afford the fuel to make the trucks and cars roll, then no one could access the health care, or purchase the machined goods.

This is what Fauci and Birx, and the rest, don't understand, or don't CARE to understand. They keep pushing to put the US into a depression, it's going to eventually have results they themselves will be effected by and aren't going to like. And we haven't even started to discuss the social unrest and rioting that would necessarily follow. I wonder how smug they would be with hordes of hungry, desperate people running wild in THEIR neighborhoods. Do they think their paid security guards will protect them when there's nothing to eat?

[end rant]

JRD77VET 04-29-2020 9:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1761170)
When you think about it, EVERY job is essential...................

:iagree: We are all "spokes in the wheel", everyone carries their share of the load to keep things moving.

Bill 05-07-2020 8:20am

Today's the day.....today is the day our Thursday instagram thread will be back, I just know it!

[keeping fingers crossed]

BOTY 05-07-2020 11:06am

Quote:

:seasix: Absolutely, I think most jobs are essential. :yesnod:

Bill 05-08-2020 10:49am

[checks thread, no Instagram]

[quietly sobs, while sitting in corner, rocking back and forth]

ToolMaker 05-08-2020 11:02am

Quote:

Here is one more vote coming from a now unemployed machinist of 50 yrs! :shots: