The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Never wash your jeans... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70174)

lspencer534 08-24-2014 8:41am

Never wash your jeans...

That's what the experts say. "These jeans are maybe a year old and have yet to see a washing machine." Levi Strauss CEO Chip Bergh said of the pair he wore during a chat onstage.

He recommended spot cleaning jeans with a sponge or toothbrush and a bit of detergent, then air drying. He says you should very seldom machine wash denim.

Designer Tommy Hilfiger has made similar comments. And CNN's Anderson Cooper told style expert Stacy London two years ago that he washes his jeans very rarely.

Don't machine wash your jeans, says Levi's CEO - CNN.com

We should all get used to stinking?

CertInsaneC5 08-24-2014 8:47am

They should come work in the factory I work in. They last maybe two days before washing. That's only if I don't leave the office for two days. :Jeff '79:

justind 08-24-2014 8:50am

Ya... I have ruined a couple pair of good fitting expensive jeans with the wash machine by accidentally running it with warm water. I am going to wash them I dont care what those guys say.:yesnod:

Barn Babe 08-24-2014 8:50am

These "experts" need to venture out into the real world once in a while. :willy:

LATB 08-24-2014 8:57am

I wear baggy carpenters jeans almost everyday. I wash them after each wear because it's what civilized people do.

If some metro-sexual or faggot wants to spend hours spot cleaning his tight fitting designer jeans...that's his bidness. I ain't got time fo dat. I have dog poop to scoop. :Jeff '79:

DAB 08-24-2014 9:05am

Dirt, mud, sawdust, paint, who knows what that is....I'll wash them when they get dirty.

Thunder22 08-24-2014 9:42am

The "experts" who say don't wash them probably are never exposed to anything but 72* AC 24 hours a day and not have them on for more than 2 hours at a time.

Barn Babe 08-24-2014 9:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey (Post 1230477)
The "experts" who say don't wash them probably are never exposed to anything but 72* AC 24 hours a day and not have them on for more than 2 hours at a time.

Agreed. Besides, doesn't washing them make them softer? I love how soft, faded jeans look and feel. :confused5:

Sea Six 08-24-2014 9:46am

Talk about the elites being out of touch with the general population that make up the majority of their customers. :funny:

This might be their Dixie Chicks moment.

This little Wrangler wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Levi's-wearin' population didn't move over to Carhardts.

lspencer534 08-24-2014 9:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barn Babe (Post 1230479)
Agreed. Besides, doesn't washing them make them softer? I love how soft, faded jeans look and feel. :confused5:

I don't like wearing jeans until they've been washed several times. Dark blue jeans are pretty stiff and irritating to the skin, and washing softens them to be comfortable. Plus, I think that wearing them and then washing them several times make them adjust to your body contours.

MikeB 08-24-2014 10:00am

He recommended spot cleaning jeans with a sponge or toothbrush and a bit of detergent, then air drying. He says you should very seldom machine wash denim.

WTF?

Sponge?

Toothbrush??

Racist people problems.

Ruffy 08-24-2014 10:00am

You're supposed to put them in the freezer to kill the stink.

CertInsaneC5 08-24-2014 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffy (Post 1230485)
You're supposed to put them in the freezer to kill the stink.

Oh great! Then my frozen fast food meals will stink. :leaving:

1911fool 08-24-2014 10:15am

I can not wear a pair of jeans more than once without washing them. It's probably all mental, but it just seems icky to me.

OddBall 08-24-2014 10:28am

I'll "gozar" my jeans for a few days, and then hang out with these "experts" for a few minutes. That will change that silly little notion that they have.

RED-85-Z51 08-24-2014 10:35am

Ill give em up to 12 hours of wear time...after that point, they are probably encased in a grease film, possibly some food, have been heavily farted in, and are not fit for anyting more than a good wash...

MAybe one day Ill wear a pair for a few days, and mail them to Tommy Hilfagger and let him experience the reality that is a real job...

I mean, it was 97 yesterday, with a 114* heat index...you do not even want to know the level of swamp ass I had going on..

Bill 08-24-2014 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1230480)
Talk about the elites being out of touch with the general population that make up the majority of their customers. :funny:

This might be their Dixie Chicks moment.

This little Wrangler wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Levi's-wearin' population didn't move over to Carhardts.

.....except the Dixie Chicks were right (albeit unpopular). Think ISIS would be prancing around Iraq right now, beheading people, if we hadn't deposed Saddam? I'm betting not.

In contrast, anyone that actually uses blue jeans to work in, gets them greasy, dirty, sweaty, stained, etc. Every day. The only exceptions would be for people who work in a climate controlled office and don't do anything that might get them dirty. For those folks, they could probably get away with infrequent jean washing.

RED-85-Z51 08-24-2014 10:48am

If your job allows you to wear jeans for a year only getting by with spot washing...you need to consider slacks, or khakis...

Dave 08-24-2014 12:28pm

Yeah, how much does CEO guy actually do while wearing jeans?
If they were owned by any normal person, they would be pretty ripe at the end of that year.

lspencer534 08-24-2014 1:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1230553)
Yeah, how much does CEO guy actually do while wearing jeans?
If they were owned by any normal person, they would be pretty ripe at the end of that year.

I think you're right. I have to be really lazy (a drink a lot) for me to wear a pair of jeans for a 2-day weekend. After mowing grass in 97 degree temperature and ding other chores around the hous, my jeans could stand up by themselves. And they stink.