The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Free Coffee Opportunity at Starbucks! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130479)

Bill 12-01-2022 3:43pm

Free Coffee Opportunity at Starbucks!

https://babylonbee.com/news/starbuck...aristas-gender

Quote:

Starbucks Begins Promotion Offering Free Coffee If You Correctly Guess Your Barista's Gender

Lifestyle · Dec 1, 2022 · BabylonBee.com

SEATTLE, WA — In a move that seems destined to produce both increased interest and controversy, coffee giant Starbucks has announced the start of a new promotion in which customers will receive a free shot of espresso if they are able to correctly guess their barista's gender when placing their order.

"On the surface, it may sound rather straightforward," said Starbucks marketing representative Randi Savage in a press release unveiling the promotion. "However, with there now being so many genders — a nearly unlimited number, in fact — we feel confident that we won't have to worry about giving away too much free coffee."

Customers reached for comment outside a local Starbucks gave a mixed reaction to the promotion. "I guess it's a way to potentially score an extra shot of espresso for free," said Carson Moon. "And with inflation, that's like saving thirty bucks!"

Others expressed trepidation regarding the promotion, however. "Don't you know what happens these days if you don't guess someone's gender correctly?" asked loyal Starbucks customer Tate Kelly. "It's like a one-in-a-million chance of guessing it right! I'm not sure I want to risk getting canceled just to have a chance at a free espresso shot."

At publishing time, Starbucks continued to work on the fine print of the promotion's legal documentation, expected to also include a severe penalty of being banned from all Starbucks locations for life if the customer guesses incorrectly and misgenders the barista.

ratflinger 12-01-2022 5:44pm

I guess FAG - what do I win?

LATB 12-01-2022 6:20pm

Would not drink that garbage if it was free everyday.

Onebadcad 12-01-2022 6:36pm

Went once to a sb, not my decision, it sucked big ballz, would not drink their piss for free!!

Bill 12-01-2022 6:40pm

It's strong, but burnt. I would drink it if it was free, but wouldn't pay for it. I guess if you get something more sugary from them, the burnt taste is masked, but since I drink coffee black, nothing to hide the burnt taste.

99 pewtercoupe 12-01-2022 6:43pm

Really don’t care for their coffee and don’t drink any of the crazy combo non coffee drinks they offer. If they disappeared tomorrow it would not affect me

Aerovette 12-01-2022 6:48pm

Barista - Italian origin meaning:

1. Gender fluid
2. Otherwise unemployable
3. Social media influencer
4. Raised fatherless or having two fathers or two mothers
5. Entitled to earn $15.00 per hour, but qualified to be jobless

DAB 12-01-2022 7:22pm

i had to get some more Folgers coffee, $11 for a tub of grounds, should last me about 2 months (one cup a day), so that's how much i spend on my daily coffee fix. not much.

Giraffe (He/Him) 12-01-2022 8:07pm

It's amazing to me people are willing to pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee. :spdchk: These are the same people that'll complain about gas prices. :Jeff '79:

99 pewtercoupe 12-01-2022 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) (Post 2018847)
It's amazing to me people are willing to pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee. :spdchk: These are the same people that'll complain about gas prices. :Jeff '79:

Same people that can’t pay their student loans

sublime1996525 12-01-2022 9:11pm

Haha please tell me you know this is fake

LATB 12-01-2022 9:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill Duce (Post 2018844)
Yeah I'm sure a multi-billion dollar corporation is traumatized over losing your business

Not the point.

Here’s a point: Starbucks has given me more money than I will ever give them. :seasix:

ratflinger 12-01-2022 11:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) (Post 2018847)

Same people that insist on drinking bottled water.

LATB 12-02-2022 9:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratflinger (Post 2018903)

I drink bottled water. :island14:

04 commemorative 12-02-2022 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratflinger (Post 2018903)

I like the taste of Starbucks but not enough to pay what they charge
I also drink bottled water and I recycle every bottle....:balls:

Strats-N-Vettes 12-02-2022 10:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2018967)
I drink bottled water. :island14:

In thin plastic round bottles that get pierced in the ice chest?

or

Fancy square bottles listed on the menu at snooty restaurants?

:funnier:

Onebadcad 12-02-2022 10:12am

I drink tap water, with ice that is made from tap water, using the same metal cup for eight years.

sublime1996525 12-02-2022 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2018976)
I like the taste of Starbucks but not enough to pay what they charge
I also drink bottled water and I recycle every bottle....:balls:

Recycling water bottles is not considered economical anymore.

LATB 12-02-2022 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 2018978)
In thin plastic round bottles that get pierced in the ice chest?

or

Fancy square bottles listed on the menu at snooty restaurants?

:funnier:

Regular round bottles. If they get any thinner we are going to have to call them water bags not bottles. :Jeff '79: