The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Techron FYI (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12148)

Sneaks 04-12-2011 8:55pm

Techron FYI

Advanced Auto has Techron on sale, buy one get one free. Stock up your Barn stalls now.
:thumbs:

RetiredSFC 97 04-13-2011 9:01am

I don't think I have an advanced auto here. I'll check though! Thanks

Tulsa Vette Guy 04-13-2011 11:43am

Thanks ,, I will stock up now.:hi:

Bucwheat 04-13-2011 12:42pm

They also have Seafoam on sale.

Munch 04-13-2011 5:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucwheat (Post 236083)
They also have Seafoam on sale.

Seafoam FTW!

Garb55 04-13-2011 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 236448)
Seafoam FTW!

Bucwheat 04-14-2011 2:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 236448)
Seafoam FTW!

I have used it for years in all my cars and it works where Techron did nothing.

Munch 04-14-2011 4:24pm

I never tried the seafoam in the vacuum line trick nor do I subscribe to the belief that it would do any good but I have put a couple cans in the tank of the Vette since I've owned it just because of the gas gauge scare. Does it do anything, beats me.:bilmem:

wwomanC6 04-14-2011 4:39pm

To go to Advance Auto here in the DFW area we'd have to travel to west Abilene, south towards Waco or north West to Wichita Falls. :(

:squirrelrun:

Bucwheat 04-15-2011 9:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 237672)
I never tried the seafoam in the vacuum line trick nor do I subscribe to the belief that it would do any good but I have put a couple cans in the tank of the Vette since I've owned it just because of the gas gauge scare. Does it do anything, beats me.:bilmem:

I had the dreaded gas gauge problem with the vette a couple of years ago and tried Techron twice and it did nothing,I went with Seafoam a couple of months later and worked like a charm,about a year later one of the two tanks on my F-350 Diesel did the same thing and I knew Seafoam would fix it and it did.I keep two bottles in the cabinet in the garage.Good stuff

2ez 2spd 04-15-2011 2:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucwheat (Post 238734)
I had the dreaded gas gauge problem with the vette a couple of years ago and tried Techron twice and it did nothing,I went with Seafoam a couple of months later and worked like a charm,about a year later one of the two tanks on my F-350 Diesel did the same thing and I knew Seafoam would fix it and it did.I keep two bottles in the cabinet in the garage.Good stuff

I have the gas gauge problem and the techron has not worked yet so I ques I'm going to get some Seafoam today. After reading this I guess there is more than one way to use it? which way worked for you? anything I should know about it before I do this?

Munch 04-15-2011 4:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 239106)
I have the gas gauge problem and the techron has not worked yet so I ques I'm going to get some Seafoam today. After reading this I guess there is more than one way to use it? which way worked for you? anything I should know about it before I do this?

Just run the tank to almost empty, go to the gas station, add a can of seafoam (not the giant can) and top the tank off with gas. Hope it helps your issue. :cheers:

Bucwheat 04-25-2011 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ez 2spd (Post 239106)

Sorry,I was on vacation,Ithink on the Vette it took one 16oz can to fix the problem but on my Diesel it took two in to seperate tanks.

MattW 04-25-2011 11:43pm

I've done the seafoam vacuum line trick on my '98, and it did nothing. No smog, soot, or anything, just a little white exhaust.

I put a bottle in the tank every couple of months, just because.