The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Seriously. I don’t do heroin (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124705)

SnikPlosskin 01-20-2021 11:06pm

Seriously. I don’t do heroin

1 Attachment(s)
Good lord I need to wear long sleeves.

Bill 01-20-2021 11:07pm

Spider bite?

SnikPlosskin 01-20-2021 11:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1847655)
Spider bite?

IV holes

Cool 50th AE 01-20-2021 11:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1847654)
Good lord I need to wear long sleeves.

Are you drug-a-phobic?
Racist.

ZipZap 01-21-2021 1:26am

Never too late to start.:seasix:

SnikPlosskin 01-21-2021 2:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1847671)
Never too late to start.:seasix:

Dude, you got any?

DJ_Critterus 01-21-2021 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1847947)
Dude, you got any?

I think we can find what's left of Mr. Nubain's stash if the skaanks haven't raided it yet.

SnikPlosskin 01-21-2021 2:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1847950)
I think we can find what's left of Mr. Nubain's stash if the skaanks haven't raided it yet.

That shit helps with depression, right? :hurray:

DJ_Critterus 01-21-2021 2:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1847953)

with the right dosage, yes.

Strats-N-Vettes 01-21-2021 2:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1847950)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1847953)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1847956)
with the right dosage, yes.

DONT BELIEVE HIM SNIKSTER!!!
He's a bass player. :yesnod:
...ask the sound guy, he knows everything....

DJ_Critterus 01-21-2021 2:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1847958)
...ask the sound guy, he knows everything....

Funny you should mention that. I'm also a sound guy.

Strats-N-Vettes 01-21-2021 2:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1847958)
...ask the sound guy, he knows everything... :spdchk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1847959)

fixed....

snide 01-21-2021 5:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1847959)

I find it hard to believe that you're anything close to being sound. :toetap:

69camfrk 01-21-2021 5:41pm

Sure ya don't. I found you in this video clip.:rofl:

04 commemorative 01-21-2021 5:41pm

I'd worry more about that hideous hair :willy:

ZipZap 01-21-2021 5:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1847947)
Dude, you got any?

With the stories you have, you should be able to get the expensive stuff! Heroin is for people who can't get pharmaceuticals.:rofl:

SnikPlosskin 01-21-2021 6:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1848053)
I'd worry more about that hideous hair :willy:

I thought it was on my screen! Dog hair. That shit is everywhere. I bet I inadvertently eat about twelve pounds a year.

SnikPlosskin 01-21-2021 6:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1848055)
With the stories you have, you should be able to get the expensive stuff! Heroin is for people who can't get pharmaceuticals.:rofl:

I wish. They have this thing now called the NarxCare Score. It’s a ****ing nightmare for people that need class two drugs. It is a system that sucks up all your health data (violating Hiipa) and assigns a score if you take:

Antidepressants
Pain meds
Anxiety meds
Sleep meds
ADHD meds
Change doctors
Change pharmacies
Get raped (seriously)

The higher your score, no drugs for you. So if your doctor retires, higher score. If your pharmacy ****s up amd you have to go to a different location, higher score. It’s supposed to predict likelihood of overdose. However, studies show it does nothing in this regard.

People rarely overdose on legal drugs.

The problem is it is based on raw data. There is no mechanism for a doctor to put a note in like “this patient had their spine crushed in a car accident”

That person would not get pain meds. This kept secret from patients.

Ask your doctor if he uses the NarxCare score. Then ask him why.

The guidelines say it is not to be used to make prescribing decisions. It is to “initiate a conversation”. That’s not what is happening. A lot of chronically ill people are suffering badly because of this.

Now, DJ, about that heroin...:needcoffee:

Bill 01-21-2021 6:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1848069)
I wish. They have this thing now called the NarxCare Score. It’s a ****ing nightmare for people that need class two drugs. It is a system that sucks up all your health data (violating Hiipa) and assigns a score if you take:

Antidepressants
Pain meds
Anxiety meds
Sleep meds
ADHD meds
Change doctors
Change pharmacies
Get raped (seriously)

The higher your score, no drugs for you. So if your doctor retires, higher score. If your pharmacy ****s up amd you have to go to a different location, higher score. It’s supposed to predict likelihood of overdose. However, studies show it does nothing in this regard.

The problem is it is based on raw data. There is no mechanism for a doctor to put a note in like “this patient had their spine crushed in a car accident”

The guidelines say it is not to be used to make prescribing decisions. It is to “initiate a conversation”. That’s not what is happening. A lot of chronically ill people are suffering badly because of this.

Well, I'm sure Biden will relax all that shit. Trump responded to the "opioid crisis" by tightening up and putting the fear of God into docs to not prescribe them, even for people who actually need them. I'm sure Joe will want the populace spaced out and stoned.....docile, just alert enough to vote Dem. every two years. I don't blame businessman Trump, who was presented with a problem and made a business like decision. Of course, decisions often come with the law of unintended consequences, which, in this case, means deserving people like Snik can't get the meds they genuinely need.

I have a friend in a similar situation. She has a bad back, and is OK if she takes it easy, but if she actually goes and does physical stuff, she suffers horribly, and her doc is hesitant to write scripts for her. Hey, you want invasive back surgery? C'mon in! Prefer to take a more conservative approach and just treat with pain pills occasionally when you over do it once in a while? **** no!

Rodnok1 01-21-2021 6:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1848069)

Antidepressants
Pain meds
Anxiety meds
Sleep meds
ADHD meds
Change doctors
Change pharmacies
Get raped (seriously)

Bingo... Friend has crushed spine and brain bleeds, can't get meds he needs. His dr fled the country for medicare fraud and new dr wrote different scripts, flagged him couldn't get shit for almost 3 months. Surprised it didn't kill him as seizure meds were even flagged. He's been on that stuff for 20 years i bet. :kick:
If they ever found out he did cbd or smoked weed for seizures he'd be banned perma from any narcotics we were told. It would greatly help him but can't take the chance.