The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Back Pain - Inversion Table? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123192)

Wathen1955 07-27-2020 10:53pm

Back Pain - Inversion Table?

Just curious if anyone has tried one of these inversion tables. Reviews on Amazon shows good results for only a few minutes a day.

https://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-U...ews/B007ZURALK

Aerovette 07-27-2020 10:54pm

I have one. no way I could stay upside down for minutes. It does help my back sometimes.

Mick 07-28-2020 7:49am

One of the tenants at the house I sold had one. He swore by it.

mrvette 07-28-2020 7:55am

I tried my neighbors across the street and he swears by it for relieving his lo back, and so I got one same brand INNOVA , finally got it adjusted right, but no huge change for ME....figgers....maybe better after the lo back surgery....:dance:

8Up 07-28-2020 9:03am

BEfore my surgery to repair a ruptured disc I got one and it helped sometimes. After the surgery I love it, I don't go full upside down which is what people think you're supposed to do but just a 20degree incline for about 10 minutes feels great. Just get up slowly.

Aerovette 07-28-2020 9:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Up (Post 1789427)
BEfore my surgery to repair a ruptured disc I got one and it helped sometimes. After the surgery I love it, I don't go full upside down which is what people think you're supposed to do but just a 20degree incline for about 10 minutes feels great. Just get up slowly.

If I don't at least go all the way upside down and dead hang from my ankles, my back doesn't seem to feel any better. I can feel it stretch and crack like knuckles when I completely invert. The blood rush to my head sucks though.

snide 07-28-2020 9:41am

I don't have an inversion table, but I do have a Human Touch Perfect Chair which reclines to a zero gravity position. Worth the money to me. :shrug:

Nox 07-28-2020 10:10am

I have a Nubax Trio which stretches the lower back without having to hang upside down. I prefer it to any inversion table I’ve tried. Works great.

Cybercowboy 07-28-2020 10:56am

I tried one when my back was really whack, it didn't help me but then again I was in so much pain it was very hard to even use the thing at 45 to 60 degrees. I think you'd be better off doing some stretches and exercises specific to back problems. Lots of good info out there.

snide 07-28-2020 1:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1789473)
I have a Nubax Trio which stretches the lower back without having to hang upside down. I prefer it to any inversion table I’ve tried. Works great.

https://youtu.be/w141N-AzUhU

That looks like it would be easier to get in and out of than an inversion table.

MrPeabody 07-28-2020 4:21pm

It's due to inactivity. You need to get a job.:D

Wathen1955 07-28-2020 7:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1789667)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/6a/70/9d/6...le-fingers.jpg:seasix:

mrvette 07-28-2020 7:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1789667)

Yeh, no shit.....anyone wanna hire a 76 y/o wonder mechanic??? hoo will be lukey to do 4-5 hrs/day??.......din tink sew.......:issues:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 07-29-2020 1:01am

After each jaunt on my treadmill, I use my teeter table and my back pains vanish. Works for me.

snide 07-29-2020 5:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 (Post 1789877)
After each jaunt on my treadmill, I use my teeter table and my back pains vanish. Works for me.

Were the teeter table and teeter totter made by the same guy? :bigears:

ToolMaker 07-29-2020 6:25am

Ask your back doctor before you decide.
I bought one after thinking this would relieve my back pain, but because my L6 disk was herniated, it pinched a nerve and I was unable to lay down without 2 people supporting me after hanging at about 60 deg. I had to stay down for over 6 hrs before I could get up again. I ended up giving the machine away.
I hope you do not have this result, just check first to be safe. :cert:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 07-30-2020 12:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1789887)
Were the teeter table and teeter totter made by the same guy? :bigears:

Yes. He had back problems from trying to support his huge teeter peter.

mrvette 07-30-2020 1:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolMaker (Post 1789898)
Ask your back doctor before you decide.
I bought one after thinking this would relieve my back pain, but because my L6 disk was herniated, it pinched a nerve and I was unable to lay down without 2 people supporting me after hanging at about 60 deg. I had to stay down for over 6 hrs before I could get up again. I ended up giving the machine away.
I hope you do not have this result, just check first to be safe. :cert:

U have a extra vert in your lo back too?? rare condition from birth yet.....mine been a PITA all my life, started noticing it early teens......have had to do thing 'my' way since.....but at age 76 now, the right side is pains shooting down my right ass cheek/leg/calf/foot once in a while......right calf pains are returning now on day two of recovery, but the overall relief is GREAT as long as I ignore the surgical 4" opening with 9 staples holding the hide together more or less....bleeding is stopping/slowing down a lot.....wife has to change bandages.....:issues: in that she stuck with it, as I can't do it....

:sadangel:

ToolMaker 07-30-2020 8:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1790420)
U have a extra vert in your lo back too?? rare condition from birth yet.....mine been a PITA all my life, started noticing it early teens......have had to do thing 'my' way since.....but at age 76 now, the right side is pains shooting down my right ass cheek/leg/calf/foot once in a while......right calf pains are returning now on day two of recovery, but the overall relief is GREAT as long as I ignore the surgical 4" opening with 9 staples holding the hide together more or less....bleeding is stopping/slowing down a lot.....wife has to change bandages.....:issues: in that she stuck with it, as I can't do it....

:sadangel:

I wish you a speedy and full recovery!! :cert: