The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Randy Weaver Dead at 74 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128533)

Bill 05-12-2022 9:06pm

Randy Weaver Dead at 74

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/185504...-standoff-fbi/

Quote:

STAND-OFF ENDS Randy Weaver dead at 74: Survivalist known for 11-day Ruby Ridge standoff with FBI passes away

G. P. Rodriguez

18:22, 12 May 2022Updated: 19:19, 12 May 2022

RANDY Weaver, the survivalist known for his role in the Ruby Ridge standoff with the FBI, has died at the age of 74.

Weaver is pictured with his daughter Sara, who confirmed his passing on ThursdayCredit: Facebook/Ruby Ridge to Freedom
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents stand next to the outbuilding located near the Randy Weaver home near Naples, Idaho, Sept. 1, 1992

She wrote: "Love you always Dad....

"See ya next time I see ya

"January 3, 1948 - May 11, 2022."

A cause of death for Weaver has not been released.

Weaver's wife Vicki and 14-year-old son Samuel were killed by an FBI sniper during an 11-day standoff in the mountains of Idaho in 1992.

The standoff began when the US Marshall Service tried to arrest Weaver for failing to appear on a firearms charge.

Weaver had chosen not to surrender and remained inside his cabin on Ruby Ridge for a year and a half with his family.

When Marshals showed up at the property, a shootout took place and Marshals shot dead the family dog, Striker.

A confrontation ensued and when Weaver, his son Samuel, and friend Kevin Harris came out to check out the situation.

Samuel was shot by Marshalls, and Harris then shot dead Deputy U.S. Marshal William Francis Degan.

The following day, Weaver's wife, Vicki, was shot in the head by an FBI sniper while she held their 10-month-old daughter in her arms.

Harris was also critically injured during the standoff.

Weaver and his three daughters surrendered 11 days later after a civilian negotiator convicted him to allow Harris to receive medical attention.

He turned himself in and was charged with killing Degan, but was acquitted of all charges except for the original bail condition violation.

Weaver, a self-declared separatist, ultimately served 16 months in jail for the original gun charge but following the horror that shook Ruby Ridge, where the family lived, stayed with Weaver until his dying day.

The Weaver family settled a $3.1 million lawsuit with the Justice Department.

RIP, Randy. The government stole your family from you and imprisoned you over entrapment bullshit. Sad, sad story.

Louie Detroit 05-12-2022 9:11pm

one less sociopath nutjob

Aerovette 05-12-2022 11:34pm

I may not align with his beliefs but I certainly don't agree with the government's action against him. The definition of overkill.

Dan47 05-13-2022 7:36am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956853)
one less sociopath nutjob

Sure and RIM, CD and J.C. Charity are valuable additions to humanity. :confused5:

Weaver stood up to “sociopaths” and America lost a real Patriot with his death, IMO.

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 7:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1956878)
Sure and RIM, CD and J.C. Charity are valuable additions to humanity. :confused5:

Weaver stood up to “sociopaths” and America lost a real Patriot with his death, IMO.

No actually he was a nut job who got his family killed.

Dan47 05-13-2022 8:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956881)

I wouldn’t choose to face off with such a powerful and corrupt entity as the U.S. government but he had the moral high ground. His family was murdered by individuals that were taught and believed nonsense, just like you. :yesnod:

Aerovette 05-13-2022 8:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956881)

Had he been left alone, NO ONE would have been killed, but that just wasn't good enough for the government.

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 9:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1956886)
Had he been left alone, NO ONE would have been killed, but that just wasn't good enough for the government.

The same could be said for George Floyd, but unfortunately that’s not how the system works.

Aerovette 05-13-2022 9:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956891)
The same could be said for George Floyd, but unfortunately that’s not how the system works.

George Floyd wasn't on his own property minding his own business.

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1956895)
George Floyd wasn't on his own property minding his own business.

They both stupidly resisted arrest and paid a serious price, unfortunately Weaver’s family bore the brunt of his ignorance.

Aerovette 05-13-2022 10:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956897)
They both stupidly resisted arrest and paid a serious price, unfortunately Weaver’s family bore the brunt of his ignorance.

Did the government arrange for Floyd to try to pass off a fake $20.00 bill?

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1956898)
Did the government arrange for Floyd to try to pass off a fake $20.00 bill?

I don’t know whatever that even means???

Aerovette 05-13-2022 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956899)

An informant for the FBI sitting in (spying) on an apparent White Supremacist Group he belonged to, convinced him to sell him two sawed off shotguns. That is where the original charges he faced, came from. Then, through a clerical error, he was given an incorrect court date of March 20th when the actual court date was February 20th. When he didn't show on February 20th, the subsequent warrant issued, was the trigger point for the conflict on his property.

I'll re-iterate that I don't subscribe to the same ideologies he had, just as I don't subscribe to BLM ideologies, however, I don't deny them their right to exist or meet. Their actions are a different story, but their existence should not be infringed upon. I would not support an FBI spy convincing a BLM member to loot or burn a business either.

If their existence is the problem, then there is no need to coerce them in to breaking the law. Sit, listen, wait for them to fk up. No need to prompt them to fk up.

I would feel the same if it was an FBI agent or an officer that gave Floyd that fake $20.00.

Dan47 05-13-2022 11:41am

Quote:

You clearly don't.

snide 05-13-2022 11:41am

Quote:

Next time you come to an argument, bring facts, not feelings. :rolleyes:

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1956906)
Next time you come to an argument, bring facts, not feelings. :rolleyes:

I did bring facts, he resisted arrest and paid the piper. Sorry if I don’t hold him up as some kind of martyr.

Dan47 05-13-2022 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956912)
I did bring facts, he resisted arrest and paid the piper. Sorry if I don’t hold him up as some kind of martyr.

I bet some folks felt the same way about all sorts of "legal" unjust and immoral nonsense throughout history.

Did you know runaway slaves were breaking the law and resisting arrest? The more you know. :yesnod:

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1956913)
I bet some folks felt the same way about all sorts of "legal" unjust and immoral nonsense throughout history.

Did you know runaway slaves were breaking the law and resisting arrest? The more you know. :yesnod:

I’m not commenting on the moral aspects of his case, I’m just stating the fact resisting arrest is not a good idea. What did he think was gonna happen, the feds were eventually gonna get bored and just go away and forget about him?

BRUIZER 05-13-2022 1:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 1956914)
I’m not commenting on the moral aspects of his case, I’m just stating the fact resisting arrest is not a good idea. What did he think was gonna happen, the feds were eventually gonna get bored and just go away and forget about him?

Clueless and not worth the time to respond.
But feel free to review the civil litigation transcripts versus the false narrative you are ignorantly spewing.

Louie Detroit 05-13-2022 1:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUIZER (Post 1956922)
Clueless and not worth the time to respond.
But feel free to review the civil litigation transcripts versus the false narrative you are ignorantly spewing.

So you’re from Idaho I see, are you survivalist gun nut like Weaver was?