The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Back from Cabo (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120466)

Aerovette 10-11-2019 10:34pm

Back from Cabo

8 Attachment(s)
I've been there since the 1st. Great time, great food, great friends...and 2 of the nights they had karaoke on the resort :seasix:

I'm sure I picked up 10 lbs during the trip. :yesnod:

boracayjohnny 10-11-2019 10:41pm

Here's to good times... :cert:

mrvette 10-12-2019 3:59am

That bar reminds me of the Key West Hemmingway bar, all the $$$$$ on the ceiling, along with shirts/etc.....

nice place.....:hurray:

dwjz06 10-12-2019 6:58am

:cool1: Jeff good to see you enjoying life man:cert:

bill_daniels 10-12-2019 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1685500)
That bar reminds me of the Key West Hemmingway bar, all the $$$$$ on the ceiling, along with shirts/etc.....

nice place.....:hurray:

Which one? They're ALL Hemmingway bars down there!

69camfrk 10-12-2019 12:20pm

Looks like my kind of good time!:seasix:

Aerovette 10-15-2019 5:09pm

For those that don't frequent the other place...

I am going to share a funny story...funny now anyway.

The boat we went out on is a catamaran. As we left the shore, the one crew member tells us that the water is dangerous, life jackets are here and here, yada yada yada, we have beer, tequila, vodka blah blah blah, on this side of the boat, down the hatch is the lady's restroom. On the other side and down the hatch, is the men's. Duly noted.

We go out of the marina, head along the coast. People are drinking, talking, taking pictures. We hit open water and are aimed at the sun. We get right across from our resort as the sun drops below the water/horizon. I've had a couple beers and a few vodka/orange/pineapple drinks and I'm feeling the need to relieve myself. As the three of us are talking, a crew member comes out of the men's hatch and has a new bottle of tequila and two bags of chips. We were chuckling that the food and drinks are kept in the bathroom. About 20-30 minutes passes by and as close as we are to the marina, I couldn't hold it anymore. It's nearly pitch black as I surrender to nature and climb down the steep ladder into the hatch. I see a curtain to my left and I pull it open and in the darkness I make out a tin oval trough/bucket like you keep beer in. On top of it is a milk crate and what looks to be a urinal cake in it. Above that is a shelf with bags of chips, and bottles of booze, and a stack f plastic cups. Very odd, but my brain says that the crate prevents splashing and holds the urinal cake. Zzzip and ahhhhhh, relief. I zip up and think, wow, no water or paper towels. Oh well, I'll be on shore soon. I'll wash my hands before we do anything else. I climb up the ladder and tell my friends that the bathroom leaves much to be desired and they are fortunate to be able to wait until we are back on shore.

Fast forward and I am lying in bed and somewhat sleepless and replaying the sights in my head. Suddenly I am wide awake with the realization that I did a very bad thing.

I never bothered to look to my right as I came down the ladder. Having replayed the instructions from the crew member to not "flush paper" in the toilet but throw it in the waste basket...I realized there was neither a toilet, or a waste basket where I was. Why?, you may ask...because I was NOT IN THE BATHROOM !!!!

Near as I can guess, I was in the galley, relieving myself in an ice trough. Thank goodness no one came down there after me or while I was in there.

I felt so bad for whoever had to ready the boat for the next day or next trip.

I did tip them well so at least they were compensated for my stupid drunk mistake.

mrvette 10-15-2019 6:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1685526)
Which one? They're ALL Hemmingway bars down there!

The OEM one on the main drag, not the yellow decorated LOUD one on the corner about 1/2 block up the street......I put a buck and a note on the ceiling there....:dance: