The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Speaking of Speeches - Ted Cruz Booed Off The Stage at the RNC (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99453)

Iron Chef 07-21-2016 8:58am

Speaking of Speeches - Ted Cruz Booed Off The Stage at the RNC

I certainly hope this will be the last we hear from this political cockroach.

:dance:

DAB 07-21-2016 9:01am

He will top out at senator. Likely won't win reelection.

Stangkiller 07-21-2016 9:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1488701)
He will top out at senator. Likely won't win reelection.

:confused5: we sent him to Washington to stop the healthcare law...dude shut down the government before a bunch of spineless republicans caved. He's doing an excellent job, exactly what he was sent there to do, don't know why he wouldn't win re-election.

RedLS1GTO 07-21-2016 9:12am

I am sick and goddamn tired of a bunch of people like Ted f**king Cruz trying to dictate what is "good for the country". The people have spoken and they disagree. You either represent the people or you represent yourself (or the self licking ice cream cone known as a political party). The sh*tshow known as Trump is the direct result of politicians like Cruz choosing option B.

I am not now nor have I ever been a Trump supporter. I am however intelligent enough to see what hillary brings to the table and it's pretty simple. 4/8 years of hillary is absolutely NOT good for the country. Anybody with more than 2 functioning brain cells knows that and people like 'ole Ted are hellbent on making it happen anyway. I never really had a candidate that I was fully behind in this election but Cruz was at or near the top of my list from the start. Add breaking a pledge to the list of reasons that I will never make that mistake again.

If he chose not to speak, fine. But what he did instead was to essentially endorse hillary with his speech. That is unforgivable.

Cruz supporters keep claiming that he is the defender of rights and the Constitution but anybody... especially a conservative... who would allow hillary f**king clinton to become the President and to appoint multiple SC Justices very clearly doesn't give a flying sh*t about the Constitution or the people of this country in general.

F**k him.

#NEVERCRUZ2020

Mike Mercury 07-21-2016 9:39am

Ted Cruz ended up being a big disappointment to me.

It's great not being caught up in a cult; in that I can bad-mouth anyone who earns it.

Craig 07-21-2016 10:09am

Cruz is expecting Trump to lose. If Trump loses, anybody stuck to him is going down with him, at least that's what's in the Cruz head. But I don't think he did himself any favors. He went from being temporarily irrelevant, to a permanent dickhead in a lot of people's opinions.

I think we'll actually watch tonight; my wife is an Ivanka fan, and hopefully I'll see something in The Donald that will change my mind about him; his kids seemed to turn out well.

Defib1961 07-21-2016 10:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1488700)
I certainly hope this will be the last we hear from this political cockroach.

:dance:

Doesn't that pretty much go for every damn one of those fuggers in D.C. ?

WalkerInTN 07-21-2016 10:42am

Trump & RNC organizers knew what Cruz was going to say 2 hours before he said it, but still let him go on. :yesnod:

Talk about falling on your own sword. Cruz needs a fork for his political career after last night. He's done. :kimblair:

OddBall 07-21-2016 11:29am

In Cruz's mind, its a win/win for him to be a douchebag.

If the harpy pap-smear wins, then Cruz has four years to bitch, belly-ache and chastise the GOP for not nominating him.

If the Trump wins and f'cks up, then Cruz has four years to bitch, belly-ache and chastise the GOP for not nominating him.

Shrike6 07-21-2016 11:52am

And if Trump wins and does a good job, Cruz won't be elected dog catcher, and will have to get a real job. What a dick move.

6spdC6 07-21-2016 12:24pm

Cruz comes on at this point like a big ego looser with a attitude problem.

Do the words Sour Grapes ring true?

Iron Chef 07-21-2016 1:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1488702)
:confused5: we sent him to Washington to stop the healthcare law...dude shut down the government before a bunch of spineless republicans caved. He's doing an excellent job, exactly what he was sent there to do, don't know why he wouldn't win re-election.

Look at it this way...if you have a pitcher who throws a no-hitter but overall has a 4-12 record, he's still getting sent back down to the minors. Just because you do a few things right doesn't mean you're doing a good job. He's pretty much universally hated in Washington and has a reputation for being a pathological liar (yes...all politicians lie, but normally not Junior Senators who have made it an artform) Good ideas or not...if you can't work with your colleagues in D.C., you're screwed. The state and the country aren't in markedly better shape since he's been in office.

Cruz is just another Ivy-League educated beltway insider with ties to big money like all the other career politicians. He just wants you to believe he's not because he has a Latin surname. He's also just sent whatever was left of his political career into the shitter.

Cybercowboy 07-21-2016 1:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1488737)
Cruz is just another Ivy-League educated beltway insider with ties to big money like all the other career politicians. He just wants you to believe he's not because he has a Latin surname. He's also just sent whatever was left of his political career into the shitter.

Add to this the insanity that was the claim that he could beat Hillary and Trump couldn't. It had no basis in logic, political or regular logic. He is just really not likable at all.

onedef92 07-21-2016 1:22pm

Aerovette 07-21-2016 1:24pm

I'm reading people's accolades of Cruz "standing by his principles" and not supporting Trump. Bullshit. You know who stood by their principles? Bush and Kasich. They stayed away...out of principle.

Cruz went to a birthday party and told everyone how much better other birthday parties are.

It was divisive and underhanded.

He preaches unity and divides the party.

He is the punch line to a joke about crossing a lawyer with a politician.

I held him in high regard before the debates. Then he applied his influence and screwed over Rubio and Kasich and ultimately himself in his underhandedness. I am disappointed in him and pissed at what he DIDN'T do.

The time to settle his score with Trump is NOT now. He is toying with our future by risking the balance of the Supreme Court. Those members will outlast the presidency and we will be left to deal with the damage.

DAB 07-21-2016 1:38pm

Cruz: "well, i didn't get the nomination, Trump did. he said mean things about me, and that's part of this game and i accept that. he said mean things about my family. hurtful things that were not true.

"and i have forgiven him, because Trump beating Hilldawg is more important than my hurt feelings, and therefore I endorse Trump for president and will support and campaign for him until election day."

mike drop, walk off to cheers......

and 8 months later Cruz is nominated and confirmed to the Supreme Court....

Ol Timer 07-21-2016 2:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddBall (Post 1488724)
In Cruz's mind, its a win/win for him to be a douchebag.

If the harpy pap-smear wins, then Cruz has four years to bitch, belly-ache and chastise the GOP for not nominating him.

If the Trump wins and f'cks up, then Cruz has four years to bitch, belly-ache and chastise the GOP for not nominating him.

You're correct. In Cruz's mind. I don't think many others see it that way.

Dan Dlabay 07-21-2016 2:08pm

I listen to that speech and it was all about him and not about party unity. A sore loser.

Cybercowboy 07-21-2016 2:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1488763)
I listen to that speech and it was all about him and not about party unity. A sore loser.

The reason he was so roundly booed was due to the "Vote your conscience!" phrase, which all the delegates there knew was the rally cry the NeverTrump delegates were using during the rules portion of the convention, to unbind the delegates so that Cruz could in theory steal the nomination. He was trying to be too cute by half with that tactic.

Jeff '79 07-21-2016 4:06pm

1 Attachment(s)
He was front page news here in the big Buff...

Attachment 7979

What's next for him? A beer hall putsch ?