The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Curfews (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122127)

LisaJohn 03-29-2020 6:03am

Curfews

Does a city mayors 24 hour curfew apply to residents who do not live in the city limits?

Rodnok1 03-29-2020 6:09am

Their jurisdiction ends at the city limits so no I'd say.

LisaJohn 03-29-2020 6:22am

That’s what I was thinking.

BOTY 03-29-2020 9:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1747227)
Their jurisdiction ends at the city limits so no I'd say.

:seasix:

MadInNc 03-29-2020 9:48am

Bill 03-29-2020 9:53am

I would think the order was for any person in the jurisdiction, so let's say you live in an adjacent area and are transiting through, you'd be subject to the order, too. We see this with gun laws. Haven't we heard about law abiding gun owners inadvertently straying into 'hostile' territory and getting arrested and facing serious criminal prosecution enough?

MrPeabody 03-29-2020 1:57pm

When our city was evacuated for fire, they admitted they cannot force anyone to leave their homes. They can, however, and did confine those who stayed behind to the property lines of the lot they lived on. If you set foot off of it or traveled into the area they could cite/arrest you for illegally being in an evacuated area, which is a misdemeanor. They did arrest a few people, but they were flat-out looters.

LisaJohn 03-30-2020 7:46am

And now there are “informational checkpoints”.

Rodnok1 03-30-2020 8:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1747656)
And now there are “informational checkpoints”.

Give em the finger thru the window.... That'll inform them you ain't rolling windows down and catching the kung flu from them. :dance:

04 commemorative 03-30-2020 8:25am

Going to get some food and other supplies...wish me luck :willy:

Steve_R 03-30-2020 8:45am

Can anyone explain what overnight curfews do to stop the spread of the virus? No? Didn't think so. Just more government "help" while taking away our rights. How long until we see protests and riots, followed by our government teargassing U.S. citizens?

dvarapala 03-30-2020 9:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1747670)
How long until we see protests and riots, followed by our government teargassing U.S. citizens?

Anyone who watched the riots in LA after the Rodney King verdict knows that some people just need teargassin'. :yesnod:

Bill 03-30-2020 9:21am

Quote:

Can anyone explain what overnight curfews do to stop the spread of the virus? No? Didn't think so. Just more government "help" while taking away our rights. How long until we see protests and riots, followed by our government teargassing U.S. citizens?

http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/...een-scoops.jpg

Aerovette 03-30-2020 9:52am

Quote:

These kinds of rules are put in place for those who have managed to escape common sense at every turn. Very stupid people, need very stringent rules. Unfortunately, those with common sense pay the same price.

Steve_R 03-30-2020 9:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1747699)
These kinds of rules are put in place for those who have managed to escape common sense at every turn. Very stupid people, need very stringent rules. Unfortunately, those with common sense pay the same price.

That didn't answer the question. Most businesses are closed at night, and most people are home at night, so what does an overnight curfew do to slow the spread of the virus?

A county in GA just north of us announced an 8 pm to 5 am curfew starting today. They have no confirmed cases of the virus. But let's implement an overnight curfew. WTF???

BOTY 03-30-2020 10:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1747700)
That didn't answer the question. Most businesses are closed at night, and most people are home at night, so what does an overnight curfew do to slow the spread of the virus?

A county in GA just north of us announced an 8 pm to 5 am curfew starting today. They have no confirmed cases of the virus. But let's implement an overnight curfew. WTF???

Chit is gonna get worse, unfortunately.

Aerovette 03-30-2020 10:24am

Quote:

It is a valid reason to interrupt activities that are nefarious in nature, without probable cause...or with "new" probable cause.

I doubt drug deals are going down at a 6 foot distance and packages being disinfected before changing hands. It translates to "If you are out, you are up to no good".

BOTY 03-30-2020 10:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1747664)
Going to get some food and other supplies...wish me luck :willy:

Go get 'em tiger. :seasix:

Steve_R 03-30-2020 10:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1747721)
It is a valid reason to interrupt activities that are nefarious in nature, without probable cause...or with "new" probable cause.

I doubt drug deals are going down at a 6 foot distance and packages being disinfected before changing hands. It translates to "If you are out, you are up to no good".

Soon we'll all be required to show our "papers" to be out of our house. I never thought I'd see that day in this country.

dvarapala 03-30-2020 10:37am

Quote:

That's not what it's for. As you say, businesses are closed at night, so anyone who's out and about during those hours is most likely up to no good.

The other night a car pulled up and parked in front of my neighbor's house. The driver got out and walked up the driveway, testing the door handles of the vehicles parked there to see if any were unlocked. This person then crossed the street and did the same thing to another neighbor. Then he ran back to his car and drove away.