The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Was I a dick? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123684)

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:24am

Was I a dick?
 
I'm not sure if this guy was being snarky or not.
He wrote my wife asking if we had any classic Mustangs for sale. We don't currently, but I have a '70 Boss that I'm not doing anything with. It has presentable paint and interior, but is missing all of its original Boss parts. It currently has a pumped up 351 Cleveland and a top loader. We offered to him for $40k. He asked a bunch of questions and then finally came back with this:
Quote:

Dennis,

Iíve been going through the numbers on the Boss and I wanted to bring it up to you.

Youíre asking $40,000 and Iíve been looking at current values of Boss stuff.

Iíve come up with between $20,000 and $30,000 in parts cost, depending if I do full concourse (smog etc) or not. The motor fully done could be almost $15,000 with carb, distributor, fuel pump etc.

Given those costs, I donít feel Iím in a position to offer $40,000.

$40,000 +
$30,000 =
$70,000

I realize $30,000 is a high number. But $70,000 invested in a non numbers matching Boss, does make good financial sense. Plus, I have to ship (open) it to Maryland for at least $2,000.

I realize that I havenít even looked at the rest of the car. But, Iím going on your word that it is mint. It looks real nice.

With all that said, if you have wiggle room, but Iíll leave that up to you.

Iím not trying to be difficult, just want be upfront.

Thanks
Kevin
So, I responded with:
Quote:

Hi Kevin,
Well technically, the car wasn't for sale. Kim just asked me what it would take for me to sell the car. I understand if you're not interested at that price.
Thanks,
Dennis
and he came back with:
Quote:

Dennis,

Sorry, I thought you were selling the car. Yeah, youíre right 40k is too high for me.

Thanks showing me, your beautiful car.
Kevin
I left it at that.

Rikki Z-06 09-22-2020 11:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807900)
I'm not sure if this guy was being snarky or not.
He wrote my wife asking if we had any classic Mustangs for sale. We don't currently, but I have a '70 Boss that I'm not doing anything with. It has presentable paint and interior, but is missing all of its original Boss parts. It currently has a pumped up 351 Cleveland and a top loader. We offered to him for $40k. He asked a bunch of questions and then finally came back with this:

So, I responded with:

and he came back with:

I left it at that.

I don't think so. :seasix:

IB4TL 09-22-2020 11:39am

How can you be a dick? You drive a Rustang...how can you be a dick when you don't have any balls?



That my friend is how one is a dick :D

:cert:

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 1807904)
How can you be a dick? You drive a Rustang...how can you be a dick when you don't have any balls?



That my friend is how one is a dick :D

:cert:

Was that you Kevin? :D

Anjdog2003 09-22-2020 11:40am

I agree with him you want too much. I agree with you that you weren't really selling it. Talking with a few members here they think you already are a dick. I just thought i'd let you know. I hope this helps. :seasix:

Little Red L98. 09-22-2020 11:44am

You were cordial. I want to know how angry Andy would have responded.

IB4TL 09-22-2020 11:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807905)
Was that you Kevin? :D

No, that other Kevin doesn't have cool dreads like me :leaving:

Anjdog2003 09-22-2020 11:47am

Where have you been IB4TLheim?

JetMechZ16 09-22-2020 11:49am

I think you're being a whiny little bitch cause he didn't jump at the chance to buy an overpriced rustang just cause you owned it. :slap:

IB4TL 09-22-2020 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807911)
Where have you been IB4TLheim?

Working a lot and not posting much online.....

That being said, even though I don't post often the other place banned me today. **** 'em.

:cert:

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1807912)
I think you're being a whiny little bitch cause he didn't jump at the chance to buy an overpriced rustang just cause you owned it. :slap:

Now we're cooking with gas :yesnod:

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 1807913)
Working a lot and not posting much online.....

That being said, even though I don't post often the other place banned me today. **** 'em.

:cert:

Seriously? Was it Lockrod? How did that happen?

FLEXjs 09-22-2020 11:54am

I think you're a dick, but for completely different reasons.

Hope that helps.




:kimblair:

IB4TL 09-22-2020 11:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807915)
Seriously? Was it Lockrod? How did that happen?

VetteBuyer6369

They deleted my avatar of President Trump and deleted my location "Trump Nation"

I mentioned their censorship in the MNF thread and they banned me. :rofl:

Murray 09-22-2020 11:56am

Dude..... you were a dick long before you sent the reply.

Hope this helps :cheers:

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB4TL (Post 1807917)
VetteBuyer6369

They deleted my avatar of President Trump and deleted my location "Trump Nation"

I mentioned their censorship in the MNF thread and they banned me. :rofl:

perma?

The_Dude 09-22-2020 11:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807906)
I agree with him you want too much. I agree with you that you weren't really selling it. Talking with a few members here they think you already are a dick. I just thought i'd let you know. I hope this helps. :seasix:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1807912)
I think you're being a whiny little bitch cause he didn't jump at the chance to buy an overpriced rustang just cause you owned it. :slap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1807916)
I think you're a dick, but for completely different reasons.

Hope that helps.




:kimblair:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1807918)
Dude..... you were a dick long before you sent the reply.

Hope this helps :cheers:

I like all of you guys too. :grouphug:

Anjdog2003 09-22-2020 12:00pm

Only men get perma banned. :yesnod:

FLEXjs 09-22-2020 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1807916)
I think you're a dick, but for completely different reasons.

Hope that helps.

:kimblair:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray (Post 1807918)
Dude..... you were a dick long before you sent the reply.

Hope this helps :cheers:

How original. :slap:

IB4TL 09-22-2020 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807919)
perma?

30 for now.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807921)
Only men get perma banned. :yesnod:

I'll probably become a man in 31 days :rofl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn