The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   National Event Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Barn Raising I Thread (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8511)

Iron Chef 02-17-2011 12:07pm

Official Barn Raising I Thread

Here’s the official (well...for this week anyway) Barn Raising I thread. Some items are subject to change as necessary.

When: May 20-22, 2011. Some of you may arrive a day early which is fine. We will have an impromptu get together on Thursday for the early birds.

Where: The hotel of choice at this time seems to be the Hampton Inn in Weatherford, Texas. They are offering us a discounted rate. If you’re coming, I’d suggest thnking about making your reservations soon.

Activities:

Lone Star Classic at Texas Motor Speedway - The Lone Star Corvette Club has agreed to allow us to piggyback onto their event, the Lone Star Classic. This is an absolutely spectacular annual event held at the Texas Motor Speedway. The activites are pay as you go, similar to Cruise-In. I suspect that those of you wishing to participate in the Autocross should register early as it looks like there are a limited number of slots. Here is the link for event registration:

Lone Star Corvette Club

Dinner - on Friday and Saturday evening at my home. The meals will be catered (likely Mexican on Friday night and BBQ on Saturday night) and I will ask for no more than the cost of food and a few rentals. Bring your swimsuits too. It’ll be warm enough to get in the pool. I will let everyone know a final cost and where/when to send money shortly. For those arriving on Thursday, we will have a gathering at my home in the evening which will likely include dinner at no cost.

Texas Backroads Tour and Lunch - There will be a road tour on Saturday. What could be better than touring the beautiful Texas backroads and stop for lunch at one of our outstanding BBQ restaurants?

Golf - an outing can be arranged if there is enough interest, so please indicate in your response.

Shooting - There is a shooting range available for our gun enthusiasts.

Swimming - My pool will be open, so bring your swimsuits if you wish.

We can also organize a ladies outing if there is interest. Please indicate if these things would interest you in your response.

Datawiz will be starting his own thread soon to make badges.

We’ll probably have a 50/50 drawing to benefit the NCM.

One last thing...and please read carefully: For those who might be thinking “Oh well Cruise-In did this” or “Gosh when we went to Cruise-In...” please keep in mind that THIS IS NOT CRUISE-IN. It's an event for Barn Members to meet and socialize, many of whom haven't seen one another in years. This is our first year of trying to do this on an official basis and we’re doing the best we can. As far as I know, Cruise-In is still being held this year, so if you want to go sit in the Hampton parking lot with savewave and six other people, then by all means do so.

It’s time to get a preliminary headcount, so if you're planning on attending, please indicate in this thread. If you’re NOT planning on attending, PLEASE DO NOT POST. Someone else can start a “roll call” thread where you can post-whore away.

:cheers:

Sea Six 02-17-2011 1:22pm

How many are signed up to attend so far?

Oh... and a catered meal at your house?? I though you were an Iron Chef!

:roll:

Defib1961 02-17-2011 1:23pm

:hurray::hurray: 1st in.........I hope

ok 2nd in.

Sea Six 02-17-2011 1:24pm

Also... question about the TMS events.

Is there an opportunity to drive our Vettes at high speed around the oval, or is it just a bunch of low-speed events?

:waiting:

Iron Chef 02-17-2011 3:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 149111)
Oh... and a catered meal at your house?? I thought you were an Iron Chef!

:roll:

Iron Chefs don't cook for 100. I'd like time to enjoy my guests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 149114)
Is there an opportunity to drive our Vettes at high speed around the oval, or is it just a bunch of low-speed events?

:waiting:

Yes...you'll be able to go out on the oval. There will be a pace car though, so don't think you're going to pull a Jeff Gordon.

Sea Six 02-17-2011 3:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 149323)
Iron Chefs don't cook for 100. I'd like time to enjoy my guests.

Yes...you'll be able to go out on the oval. There will be a pace car though, so don't think you're going to pull a Jeff Gordon.

How fast will they let you go?

'Cause I'm not gonna pay $50 to go 75 mph. :rubbish:

NEED-A-VETTE 02-17-2011 3:56pm

I'll be there Saturday for swimming and dinner. If I make it over on Friday, it will just be to peek in and say hello to everyone.

Let me know if you need any help setting up, picking up food, etc. Also, would you like us to bring anything? Beer, liquor, desserts?

I'm definitely up for some shooting, btw. :cheers:

jda67gta 02-17-2011 10:53pm

See ya there! :hurray:

oyealiz 02-18-2011 1:14am

Put my name on the list! :)

oyealiz 02-18-2011 1:30am

SpdchikRN, Kymberly, says to add her to the list. :dance:

She needs to get signed up on the forum and post. I'll send her this link. :)

itsaz 02-18-2011 7:14am

Lugnut and I plan on there on Saturday for the backroads tour and dinner.

This shooting range thing...are we talking trap, skeet or Howitzers? :stickemup:
:tx:

itsaz 02-18-2011 7:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 149391)
How fast will they let you go?

Never mind the oval, come to the Infield Road Course. We'll let you run as fast as you want to!

NikiQ 02-18-2011 7:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsaz (Post 150375)
Lugnut and I plan on there on Saturday for the backroads tour and dinner.

This shooting range thing...are we talking trap, skeet or Howitzers? :stickemup:
:tx:

This is close to the hotel. Lone Star Guns Gallery & Gear, Weatherford TX

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsaz (Post 150382)
Never mind the oval, come to the Infield Road Course. We'll let you run as fast as you want to!

:yesnod: Sunday morning. Sooo much fun!

Mark C5 02-18-2011 7:56am

Count me in!

Mr Hole 02-18-2011 11:34am

I'll be there. :dance:

Sea Six 02-18-2011 8:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsaz (Post 150382)

Thanks, Z!

:seeya:

73sbVert 02-18-2011 10:27pm

I'm coming in Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday eve. Also already have a room at the Hampton too.

I will be without transpo though, so I will have to beg for rides everywhere! :D

See you then!

Y2Kvert4me 02-18-2011 10:40pm

Planning on arriving Thurs.
Still undecided if I will fly in or road trip it.

Me2 02-19-2011 9:05am

We're in - the boy will most likely be with us, too.

wwomanC6 02-19-2011 9:09am

You know me I'm there! :squirrelrun: