The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayer request -MIL broke her ankle (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119320)

JRD77VET 05-08-2019 8:02pm

Prayer request -MIL broke her ankle

My wife's 88 year old Mom slipped getting out of bed this morning and broke a toe and her ankle. She home from the hospital in a splint and sees the surgeon again in the morning. She will will have it repaired on Monday after the swelling goes down.

She's a sweet lady and hope everything goes well. :angel:

Please say a prayer or good thoughts for a full recovery.

Thanks
Jeff & Mary

snide 05-08-2019 8:12pm

:angel:

C3C7NIC 05-08-2019 9:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1669382)
:angel:

I agree, hard healing at that age. <3

LilRedCorvette 05-08-2019 10:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1669381)
My wife's 88 year old Mom slipped getting out of bed this morning and broke a toe and her ankle. She home from the hospital in a splint and sees the surgeon again in the morning. She will will have it repaired on Monday after the swelling goes down.

Ouch!!! :eek: Not the Mother's Day present she wanted I'm sure. :nonod: :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1669381)
Please say a prayer or good thoughts for a full recovery.

You've got it! :yesnod: :angel:

Black94lt1 05-09-2019 12:56am

Prayers sent!

Olustee bus 05-09-2019 1:51am

For sure. Praying that her recovery is smooth.

mrvette 05-09-2019 3:39am

:sadangel:

69camfrk 05-09-2019 4:55am

Hope she mends fast. That's a tough one.

Rob 05-09-2019 5:33am

Prayers for her :seasix:

You should buy her a jump rope for Mothers Day :dixie:

Millenium Vette 05-09-2019 10:33am

Prayers sent. :seasix:

Norm 05-09-2019 11:22am

You bet, prayers sent.

We all are going to get there, close to getting there, or are there. Getting old is no fun. My lifestyle is no where near what it used to be physically, I'm still somewhat comfortable, but I actually look at where I'm going now, especially the whole and only three steps I have around the house. 10 years ago, I used to hop over those three steps, not any more. I take special care using those grab rails in the shower, last thing I want to do is break a hip or whatever.

MrPeabody 05-09-2019 11:37am

Hope she heals quickly. Been through three broken ankles with my wife over the years. Same ankle. It's full of titanium now. Ankle injuries suck.

JRD77VET 05-09-2019 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1669413)
Prayers for her :seasix:

You should buy her a jump rope for Mothers Day :dixie:

My wife is the farmer's daughter and is quite proficient with a firearm. When I got my 1911-A1 in .45 acp, I wanted to make sure Mary knew how it worked. I explained it and handed her a full mag.

She put in the mag and moved the slide release to chamber a round. I had a "bad guy" target set up ( bad guy pointing a handgun at you )

Mary fired off a very evenly timed 8 rounds. First round was right in the crotch and she walked the rest of the rounds perfectly centered as she worked up the target. The last two were head shots.

I said "very nice shooting" and asked for it back. :leaving:

I will not be getting a jump rope for her Mom :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1669462)
You bet, prayers sent.

We all are going to get there, close to getting there, or are there. Getting old is no fun. My lifestyle is no where near what it used to be physically, I'm still somewhat comfortable, but I actually look at where I'm going now, especially the whole and only three steps I have around the house. 10 years ago, I used to hop over those three steps, not any more. I take special care using those grab rails in the shower, last thing I want to do is break a hip or whatever.

As my late farmer friend Howard Shelley used to say ( in a heavy PA Dutch accent ) "Getting old isn't for sissies". :lol:

Keep active and do some type of weight bearing activities to keep your bones dense. :yesnod:

LilRedCorvette 05-09-2019 9:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1669520)
Mary fired off a very evenly timed 8 rounds. First round was right in the crotch and she walked the rest of the rounds perfectly centered as she worked up the target. The last two were head shots.

Ahhh yes, the zipper effect :seasix: my neighbor is retired law enforcement and showed me one of his charts shot up like that from a recent target practice :Jeff '79:

Kind of glad I settled in this neighborhood :yesnod: there are 2 gun ranges within 2 miles of here...the bad guys know to stay away :seasix:

JRD77VET 05-12-2019 7:06pm

Mary;s mom is scheduled for her surgery to set the bone tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well :angel:

~~~~~~~~~

Mary said all day yesterday her mom was a bit "off". Seeing stuff that wasn't there ( mary's brother was mowing and she saw a trailer behind the mower , a couple birds turned into a flock ) She stayed until supper time and came home to have a meal with me.

Mary went back down after we ate and they ended up calling the ambulance to take her back up to the hospital. Turned out she had an urinary tract infection and that was what was causing her hallucinations.

They gave her antibiotics and she is doing much better today. :hurray:

Evidently that is common in older folks so if you see something similar in an elder you are around, an infection may be the cause. :yesnod:

JRD77VET 05-13-2019 7:01pm

Surgery went well and she is spending the night at the hospital :angel:

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

LilRedCorvette 05-13-2019 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1670146)
Surgery went well

Most excellent news of the day! :hurray: :seasix: :angel:

Black94lt1 05-14-2019 3:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1670146)
Surgery went well and she is spending the night at the hospital :angel:

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

Excellent, thank you for the update

JRD77VET 05-14-2019 6:46pm

Tomorrow she goes to a very good local "retirement home" for a month or so for rehab.

She is looking forward to it as she knows that gets her home quicker :yesnod:

Black94lt1 05-15-2019 2:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1670276)
Tomorrow she goes to a very good local "retirement home" for a month or so for rehab.

She is looking forward to it as she knows that gets her home quicker :yesnod:

My dad did that after his back and knee surgeries, much easier on everyone as he could get therapy several times a day without having to drive him to therapy plus the mental stress it saved my mom was huge