The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   NASCAR: eh, we'll repair the track in the middle of the race (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126301)

DAB 07-11-2021 5:08pm

NASCAR: eh, we'll repair the track in the middle of the race

no time to inspect and fix it before the race?!

just tuned in, and i see that they are fixing the track. ummm....couldn't we do that before the race started? they put in a new field for the super bowl, basketball courts are regularly replaced. new pitches for soccer before big matches....only NASCAR puts their show on TV racing on a ragged out track.

where did all that TV money go?

Steve_R 07-11-2021 5:11pm

NASCAR

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

cptlo306 07-11-2021 5:28pm

They just announced a few days ago they are going to reconfigure and repave the track. They tried to do it a few years ago but drivers asked them to hold off.

Rodnok1 07-11-2021 5:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1896608)
no time to inspect and fix it before the race?!

just tuned in, and i see that they are fixing the track. ummm....couldn't we do that before the race started? they put in a new field for the super bowl, basketball courts are regularly replaced. new pitches for soccer before big matches....only NASCAR puts their show on TV racing on a ragged out track.

It's happened before years ago, had a huge chunk come up and damage cars...

They gave all their tv money to BLM.... Ya know cause whitey put a noose in a garage.

Rikki Z-06 07-11-2021 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1896609)
NASCAR

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:withstupid:

Dan Dlabay 07-11-2021 6:20pm

NASCAR died when Earnhardt died.

Grey Ghost 07-11-2021 7:14pm

Track repair is more exciting than NASCAR

Rodnok1 07-11-2021 7:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 1896621)
Track repair is more exciting than NASCAR

Remember when the track jet drier got smoked and caught fire? Wasn't it Juan Pablo that hit it? That was exciting...

Giraffe (He/Him) 07-11-2021 8:07pm

I was never a fan but you can’t help but know about NASCAR. I can’t think of any motorsport that took a bigger -and faster- downward turn than NASCAR. It was seemingly everywhere, then suddenly nowhere and everyone hated it.

Steve_R 07-11-2021 8:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1896633)
I was never a fan but you can’t help but know about NASCAR. I can’t think of any motorsport that took a bigger -and faster- downward turn than NASCAR. It was seemingly everywhere, then suddenly nowhere and everyone hated it.

And NASCAR seems tone deaf about the decline and is in denial.

Rikki Z-06 07-11-2021 8:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1896624)
Remember when the track jet drier got smoked and caught fire? Wasn't it Juan Pablo that hit it? That was exciting...

Good memory :yesnod:

Grey Ghost 07-11-2021 9:38pm

Quote:

Before TV, it was a southern thing. Go outside to wash the car or work on it and turn on the radio to listen to the race. My dad started taking us to the July, race in Daytona Beach, FL. in the early '70s. Richard Petty, Cale Yarbrough, Allison Bros., David Pearson, etc...no cool suits, power steering, cookie cutter spec cars for everyone to parade around in like today. THEY RACED! Side by side, front to back, 3-4 wide. You built a car and brought it to race. Not just to parade around like today. The teams made money only racing and winning. No souvenirs, diecast deals, licensing deals, etc...I remember one of the first times they started selling t-shirts was for the Skoal Bandit. Dale Earnhardt was the first to start selling his name for endorsement deals - shirts, hats, and finally the mega-million diecast deals.

Drivers and crews would stay in the same hotels as the rest of us. I remember riding the elevator with several in the old days. You would go into a restaurant and one or more would be a the table beside of you.

I enjoyed it from the '70s-1980ish and lost interest. Then, started getting into it again from about 1998-2005. Lost all interest after that. They don't race anymore. Plenty are out there just to run around for several hrs., advertising their sponsors. They drive fast...they just don't race though. I also could no longer identify with their $30 million a yr., incomes.

I was also a huge fan of F1, NHRA, ALMS, and a couple others. They have ruined those series almost as badly, as NASCRAP. I don't follow any of it anymore and for almost the last decade.

Bill 07-11-2021 10:39pm

Quote:

I'm sure NASCAR is making tons of money off their only remaining demographic, black nationalists who hate America, hate white people, and apparently hate paying for merchandise when they can just steal it.

NASCAR should be rolling in the dough, now that they've rid themselves of all those beer swilling, Confederate flag waving good ol' boys that used to be their fanbase.

MEANZ06 07-12-2021 12:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1896624)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1896638)
Good memory :yesnod:

:iagree: That was pretty awesome :Jeff '79:

ZipZap 07-12-2021 12:49am

Probably in the minority here, but this season NASCAR has been more interesting for me than the previous ten. The 1.5 mile tri-ovals are still a bore fest. But, they competed on dirt, have added more road courses and actually put racing back in the mix. I still don't like the "playoff" format for racing. Every other series I know of, even the ones I raced, are based on a long campaign of strong racing. That is a really hard thing to do and should be the mark of a champion.

ratflinger 07-12-2021 8:10am

If your name is Pemberton or France, and you are involved with any part of NASCAR management, then you should be taken out and shot. The cars they drive should all be crushed. And if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'

JetMechZ16 07-12-2021 8:56am

Rubbin is racin!!

Strats-N-Vettes 07-12-2021 8:58am

I like engine building and car racing so I watch NASCAR.
IDGAFF what you golfing queers think.
I do what I want. :dance:

DJ_Critterus 07-12-2021 9:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1896608)

It went to Bubba and BLM to cover their asses in an attempt to stay afloat amid sinking ratings.

DJ_Critterus 07-12-2021 9:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1896657)
Probably in the minority here, but this season NASCAR has been more interesting for me than the previous ten. The 1.5 mile tri-ovals are still a bore fest. But, they competed on dirt, have added more road courses and actually put racing back in the mix. I still don't like the "playoff" format for racing. Every other series I know of, even the ones I raced, are based on a long campaign of strong racing. That is a really hard thing to do and should be the mark of a champion.

Dirt and more turns to the right aren't going to save NASCRAP.