The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   In Suburban Houston, Ghetto Comes to You (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124628)

Bill 01-14-2021 9:22pm

In Suburban Houston, Ghetto Comes to You

So I'm coming back from getting a haircut, driving on the major artery in our little burg. I'm sitting at a stoplight at a fairly major intersection and.....the car in front of me tosses a Coke can out the driver window. I waited a little bit to see if that was an accident and the driver was going to retrieve it. Nope. So I got out, picked it up, and the guy asks me, did I want the can. I tossed it through the window at him and told him, no, I want you to throw it away when you get home instead of trashing the street. He's stunned for a second, then he tosses it back on the street. So I called him a douchebag as I'm walking back to my car. Now he's incensed, he wants to fight. I told him I wouldn't fight anyone who couldn't figure out how to pick up their own trash.

Light turns green, he drives off, I drive off. WTF is wrong with people? Guy had to be 25-30 and it was like he'd never heard that littering is something you shouldn't do.

ratflinger 01-14-2021 9:31pm

Tsk, tsk. It's Texas - you should have just shot him.

Aerovette 01-14-2021 9:37pm

Crinkle it to a sharp edge and drag along side his damn car. I hate douchebags like that.

Could have told him to take it home and have his husband throw it away for him...or his mom.

dvarapala 01-14-2021 11:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1844979)
Crinkle it to a sharp edge and drag along side his damn car. I hate douchebags like that.

Haha, I remember that thread. :D

Rodnok1 01-15-2021 12:21am

People are shitbags and litter without caring all over.
Never figured out what goes through their heads that makes it ok to them.
Ever seen a dirty diaper being left a stoplight...

Bill 01-15-2021 12:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1845022)
Haha, I remember that thread. :D

Link?

:waiting:

dvarapala 01-15-2021 12:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1845032)
Link?

:waiting:

I'll never find it after all these years. :nono:

Executive Summary: Aerovette went off on some guy for throwing a paper towel on the ground. Aero's then-wife got pissed at him for it. :D

dvarapala 01-15-2021 12:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1845026)
People are shitbags and litter without caring all over.
Never figured out what goes through their heads that makes it ok to them.

:yesnod:

Just tonight a couple of fat, ugly Millennials in a Sentra parked in front of my house and proceeded to stuff their faces with fast food, urinate in public (yes, both of them did this), get high, and then have sex in the back seat of the car before driving off and leaving their fast food trash on the curb next to where they had parked.

Some people are just complete ****ing trash. :yesnod:

Bill 01-15-2021 12:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1845036)
I'll never find it after all these years. :nono:

Executive Summary: Aerovette went off on some guy for throwing a paper towel on the ground. Aero's then-wife got pissed at him for it. :D

Quote:

In the roadway justice system, litter based offenses are considered especially heinous.
In Houston, the dedicated motorists who prosecute these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Litter Unit. These are their stories.

[donk donk]

z06psi 01-15-2021 1:31am

icnlt

Little Red L98. 01-15-2021 1:35am

You could have died. Glad you didn’t. These are crazy times.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-15-2021 5:09am

How long are the red lights down there that you can have a conversation that long?

Quote:

Some people are just complete ****ing trash.
What was it? The sex part? :Jeff '79:

snide 01-15-2021 7:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1845037)

Just tonight a couple of fat, ugly Millennials in a Sentra parked in front of my house and proceeded to stuff their faces with fast food, urinate in public (yes, both of them did this), get high, and then have sex in the back seat of the car before driving off and leaving their fast food trash on the curb next to where they had parked.

Got video?

JetMechZ16 01-15-2021 7:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1845037)

Did you see this from the basement window? You just let all this go on without approaching them? Phred,,,,,,,,,,,,, are you a *****?:island14:

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-15-2021 7:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1845064)
Did you see this from the basement window? You just let all this go on without approaching them? Phred,,,,,,,,,,,,, are you a *****?:island14:

I’d have walked out there and beat off on the hood of the car.

“Want summa dis bitch?”

z06psi 01-15-2021 8:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1845067)
I’d have walked out there and beat off on the hood of the car.

“Want summa dis bitch?”

Internet tough guy.

I guess you are just doing your little part. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bill 01-15-2021 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1845056)
Got video?

Sadly, no. I really need a dash cam.

dvarapala 01-15-2021 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1845056)
Got video?

Of course. :D

Iron Chef 01-15-2021 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratflinger (Post 1844975)
Tsk, tsk. It's Texas - you should have just shot him.

Meh...Texas is a great place, but you'd be surprised...we aren't as prideful or badass as you may have been led to believe.

DJ_Critterus 01-15-2021 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1844972)
So I'm coming back from getting a haircut, driving on the major artery in our little burg. I'm sitting at a stoplight at a fairly major intersection and.....the car in front of me tosses a Coke can out the driver window. I waited a little bit to see if that was an accident and the driver was going to retrieve it. Nope. So I got out, picked it up, and the guy asks me, did I want the can. I tossed it through the window at him and told him, no, I want you to throw it away when you get home instead of trashing the street. He's stunned for a second, then he tosses it back on the street. So I called him a douchebag as I'm walking back to my car. Now he's incensed, he wants to fight. I told him I wouldn't fight anyone who couldn't figure out how to pick up their own trash.

Light turns green, he drives off, I drive off. WTF is wrong with people? Guy had to be 25-30 and it was like he'd never heard that littering is something you shouldn't do.

Would you like some lessons on how to be angry? Apparently I have mastered the art.

But seriously...Houston? How did you not get shot?