The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   It’s time. Dad likely won’t make it. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116696)

SnikPlosskin 07-11-2018 10:55pm

It’s time. Dad likely won’t make it.

My brother the cardiac surgeon called today and said I should probably come up to Wyoming. I leave on Saturday. I’m not in great shape myself.

Flying to Denver then driving 4 hours. Too expensive to fly all the way to Casper. Wife and son will have to stay behind. Too expensive for all of us to go. Plus two GSDs. We don’t board them and asking a friend to take on 200 lbs of dogs is a bit much. They usually come with us because we drive. But I’ve been too weak to drive that far for the last couple of years. :sadangel:

My own condition isn’t good either. I’m losing weight (down to 170) uncontrollably and my stamina is very low. This may have a pretty bad impact on me. I will return just in time for surgery. Then, chemo. I’ll be burned to the ground even before all that from the travel and stress. I don’t even want to think what kind of shape I’ll be in after. Likely some time in the hospital for me.

But, I haven’t seen dad in two years. He cried when I left last time because he was convinced it would be the last time we were together. :sadangel:

I’ve never experienced this before. My mental state is not good. This won’t help.

But he is ready. Heart is failing. Kidneys are failing. He had a stroke a year ago and has really struggled since. He hasn’t been able to work in the shop and he is miserable. He couldn’t hardly walk from the stroke and heart weakness.

I’ve talked to him on the phone every week. He can only go for five minutes or so.

Fluid is building up and they can’t seem to stop it. It’s pressing on his train wreck of a heart (Multiple bypasses, surgeries, stints, etc) causing congestive heart failure. Add in diabetes.

I am him. He is me. My heart is destroyed. :sadangel:

Milton Fox 07-11-2018 10:57pm

Sorry about your Dad. :sadangel:

MrPeabody 07-11-2018 11:05pm

Sorry to hear about this. Stay as strong as you can and you'll get through it.
Good thoughts sent your way.

Black94lt1 07-11-2018 11:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1636123)

So sorry about your Dad. :sadangel: Agreed, stay strong for yourself and your family.

polarbear 07-11-2018 11:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1636123)

:yesnod:

:seasix:

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 07-12-2018 12:56am

Sorry to hear about your dad.
Prayers for your strength and health and for your family.:sadangel:

Olustee bus 07-12-2018 1:37am

So sorry to hear. Prayers for your safe trip and well being.

Sea Six 07-12-2018 3:02am

:sadangel: :sadangel:

Very sorry to hear.

mrvette 07-12-2018 4:50am

Take care man, :sadangel:

VatorMan 07-12-2018 5:36am

:sadangel::sadangel:

Stevedore 07-12-2018 5:57am

Sorry to hear about your Dad; sounds a lot like what mine went through at the end. Heart problems, bypasses, kidney failure, fluid buildup, etc. Tough times; all the best to you. :sadangel:

VITE1 07-12-2018 6:03am

:sadangel::sadangel:

Rob 07-12-2018 6:33am

I was in this same position two years ago and it was hard to watch. But being there with your Dad is something you will remember the rest of your life. There is not a moment that goes by I do not wish that I could have 5 more minutes to talk with my Dad, he was and always will be my best friend.

I will be sending prayers up for you and your family Pete. Hang in there my friend.

snide 07-12-2018 6:51am

Sorry to hear about your dad, Pete. :sadangel:

NCC-1701 07-12-2018 6:54am

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and your physical problems as well. :sadangel::sadangel:

VetteBoy1979 07-12-2018 6:54am

Pete, so sorry to hear about your dad.

boracayjohnny 07-12-2018 7:19am

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Pete.

Mike Mercury 07-12-2018 7:58am

I don't want to go into detail about my past but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
My own condition isn’t good either. I’m losing weight (down to 170) uncontrollably and my stamina is very low. This may have a pretty bad impact on me. I will return just in time for surgery. Then, chemo. I’ll be burned to the ground even before all that from the travel and stress. I don’t even want to think what kind of shape I’ll be in after. Likely some time in the hospital for me.

don't go.

Due to poor-health circumstances at that time... I didn't attend my dads funeral. It wasn't a protest or anything like that; everyone that knew my situation completely understood why I couldn't be there.

NEED-A-VETTE 07-12-2018 8:05am

So sorry. :sadangel:

Loco Vette 07-12-2018 8:34am

:sadangel: Pulling for you, bud!