The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C6 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you like... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2981)

AU Eagle 05-27-2010 8:27pm

How do you like...

...not having a removable top of some sort?

We have a 2004 C5 coupe, but the prices of the 2008/2009 Z's with 5k ish miles are tempting.

I love the wide body, but I really like removing the top.

Any particular thoughts? I guess if it came down to it, get a GS and call it a day, but something about a Z06 is invigorating. :D

WKMCD 05-27-2010 8:44pm

If they made the C6Z in a convertible I'd probably have one. That being said, the GS vert is looking pretty attractive.

AU Eagle 05-27-2010 8:54pm

I was recently at the assembly plant and there were no Z's being built...that I saw.

GS were the majority, followed by the standard Corvette, and then ZR1's.

Our tour guide confirmed that people are loving the GS and its a bigger hit than expected because of the Z06 look and the option for convertible or coupe.

thegreenman 05-27-2010 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AU Eagle (Post 37128)

We have a 2004 C5 coupe, but the prices of the 2008/2009 Z's with 5k ish miles are tempting.

Any particular thoughts? I guess if it came down to it, get a GS and call it a day, but something about a Z06 is invigorating. :D

Buy a Z and bring it down to TheVetteBarn, Gary can make the roof removable. :D

AU Eagle 05-27-2010 10:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 37156)
Buy a Z and bring it down to TheVetteBarn, Gary can make the roof removable. :D

How much will that set ya back?

wwomanC6 05-28-2010 7:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AU Eagle (Post 37160)

You'll have to ask GB Vette and illmac77.

Go to the showcase and you will see illmac77 car. Open it to see some of the pics of them chopping it. He also has a link to his webpage on his profile that has more on the mod.
:Corvette:

:squirrelrun:

thegreenman 05-28-2010 2:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AU Eagle (Post 37160)

I am guessing, a bunch of beer. :beer: :lolsmile:

Superstreet 01-10-2011 3:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AU Eagle (Post 37128)

We just traded in our '02 coupe that had a removable top for a C6 Z06. I thought I would miss it,which I do every once in a while,but the upgrade in power and the lighter weight makes for an awesome driving experience. I thought the '02 handled well,but the Z runs circles around it. After driving the Z,I would have to pick the Z over the GS. Just my preference. :cheers:

nhra_ta 01-14-2011 7:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstreet (Post 68431)
We just traded in our '02 coupe that had a removable top for a C6 Z06. I thought I would miss it,which I do every once in a while,but the upgrade in power and the lighter weight makes for an awesome driving experience. I thought the '02 handled well,but the Z runs circles around it. After driving the Z,I would have to pick the Z over the GS. Just my preference. :cheers:

:iagree:

Me2 01-14-2011 8:17am

If I lived in Ohio, I probably wouldn't miss a removable top but in Texas, I would think having one should be a law.

6spdC6 01-14-2011 10:11am

I really enjoy convertibles, my last 2 Vettes (98&05)were drop tops and many other cars over the years also.

Of course being a serious street racer in the 60s and always getting the biggest engine I could in my DDs was the norm.

I bought my 07 Z06 by chance, and of course the power level was way above my 05 Vert M Z51. Yes I love the power of the Z but I really miss my drop tops. Due to weather my Vettes are only 6 month rides to begin with so most of my driving with verts was top down. Hell I even drove all the way home from the NCM after picking up the 05 with the top down. We were both rather toasted when we hit our home in upper NYS. We took 3 days coming home and played tourist a bit.

Dealer gave me a good deal on the Z vs. 05 and I bought it. Now thinking about getting a GS vert. Will have to see what kind of a deal I can get

judimoore22 03-10-2011 11:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 37133)
If they made the C6Z in a convertible I'd probably have one. That being said, the GS vert is looking pretty attractive.

I think the GS vert is there answer to it...:)

TooManyIDs 06-12-2011 4:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me2 (Post 78077)
If I lived in Ohio, I probably wouldn't miss a removable top but in Texas, I would think having one should be a law.

Seemed like a couple weeks in Spring or Fall were the only times I bothered pulling the top. Didn't miss it on my '02 Z06 and preferred the more solid structure.

As you know, it's mostly A/C around here.