The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The yearly letter (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121376)

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:29am

The yearly letter

How many of you give or receive a yearly Family update letter ?

Rikki Z-06 01-19-2020 9:31am

None here.

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1718559)
None here.

We always receive two or three. Little Johnny had straight A's again and our cat died.

Thnacks. :D

Rikki Z-06 01-19-2020 9:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1718563)
We always receive two or three. Little Johnny had straight A's again and our cat died.

Thnacks. :D

:rofl:

Vegas 01-19-2020 9:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1718558)
How many of you give or receive a yearly Family update letter ?

Never heard of such

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas (Post 1718597)
Never heard of such

Pretty common here usually around the first of the year, they give you all the details of the families last year.

04 commemorative 01-19-2020 9:52am

Used to get them but someone found out I used them to start the Christmas Yule Log fire and they stopped coming :seasix:

Mick 01-19-2020 9:53am

One of my cousins used to do that. A page and a half to two pages about what fantastic people they were, and how fabulous their lives all were. It was like reading a long Monk post. I never responded, and eventually, they stopped coming. I don't know if they stopped writing them, or just took me off the mailing list, and I'm sure I don't care.

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1718600)
Used to get them but someone found out I used them to start the Christmas Yule Log fire and they stopped coming :seasix:

At least you put them to good use. :seasix:

Thunder22 01-19-2020 9:54am

Always seems a bit narcissistic, and if you have to send a letter to recap an entire year of what happened with your family to someone else, you're obviously not that close, so why are you sending a Christmas card in the first place?

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1718601)
One of my cousins used to do that. A page and a half to two pages about what fantastic people they were, and how fabulous their lives all were. It was like reading a long Monk post. I never responded, and eventually, they stopped coming. I don't know if they stopped writing them, or just took me off the mailing list, and I'm sure I don't care.

Yep that is the one. :sleep:

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1718603)
Always seems a bit narcissistic, and if you have to send a letter to recap an entire year of what happened with your family to someone else, you're obviously not that close, so why are you sending a Christmas card in the first place?

Perzactly.

Egnalf 01-19-2020 9:56am

Never heard of anyone doing that. I like the idea of it but wouldn't actually read one or write one.

BOTY 01-19-2020 9:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egnalf (Post 1718608)
Never heard of anyone doing that. I like the idea of it but wouldn't actually read one or write one.

I can send you an extra we received. :D

Egnalf 01-19-2020 9:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1718610)
I can send you an extra we received. :D

Only if you got the job. Don't waste money on email postage

BOTY 01-19-2020 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egnalf (Post 1718614)
Only if you got the job. Don't waste money on email postage

:D Patiently waiting.

Stevedore 01-19-2020 10:00am

I have an acquaintance who always sends them out at Christmas. Boring crap about his kids & grandkids, none of whom I've ever met. I joked with him about it years ago, saying no one cares about all of his crap. He was insulted, and said that lots of people like them. I asked how many he receives each year, he said none. :rofl:

BOTY 01-19-2020 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedore (Post 1718617)
I have an acquaintance who always sends them out at Christmas. Boring crap about his kids & grandkids, none of whom I've ever met. I joked with him about it years ago, saying no one cares about all of his crap. He was insulted, and said that lots of people like them. I asked how many he receives each year, he said none. :rofl:

:lol:

Mick 01-19-2020 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1718603)

Definitely narcissistic. I see this cousin in person usually 2-4 times per year. I would think that anything really great going on in his life would come up at one of those gatherings, but I guess he felt a need to tell EVERYONE EVERYTHING at one time to make sure we all knew how great he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1718606)
Yep that is the one. :sleep:

We've gotten the same letters I see!

What is a little impressive is some people's ability to fill TWO PAGES OF TEXT with complete bullshit. If I wanted to fill you full of bullshit about how great my life is, I'd get to maybe a long paragraph, and be totally out of material. :yesnod:

BOTY 01-19-2020 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1718620)
Definitely narcissistic. I see this cousin in person usually 2-4 times per year. I would think that anything really great going on in his life would come up at one of those gatherings, but I guess he felt a need to tell EVERYONE EVERYTHING at one time to make sure we all knew how great he was.

We've gotten the same letters I see!

What is a little impressive is some people's ability to fill TWO PAGES OF TEXT with complete bullshit. If I wanted to fill you full of bullshit about how great my life is, I'd get to maybe a long paragraph, and be totally out of material. :yesnod:

:rofl: