The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The other place? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136341)

C3C7NIC 02-13-2024 10:17am

The other place?

I have not been on the threads at the other place in some time as I've been neck deep with Jag stuff.

I had heard the OFF TOPIC was removed but all my threads in the C3 section about the restoration of my 68 is gone.

Wow. Did they just purge and start over?

Steve_R 02-13-2024 10:22am

OT is still there but you can't see it if you're banned and you must be logged in to see it.

The Search function has been broken for a while so you can't search for anything you've posted or threads you've started, but they're still there. IB says they're "working on it" but it's been that way for a while. :shrug:

DJ_Critterus 02-13-2024 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 2217809)
I have not been on the threads at the other place in some time as I've been neck deep with Jag stuff.

I had heard the OFF TOPIC was removed but all my threads in the C3 section about the restoration of my 68 is gone.

Wow. Did they just purge and start over?

OT is still there but you have to blow Cumdawg to get in. Pass....

as for C3, you probably provided content that was neither BS, racist, or woke so they most likely removed it.

C3C7NIC 02-13-2024 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2217813)
OT is still there but you can't see it if you're banned and you must be logged in to see it.

The Search function has been broken for a while so you can't search for anything you've posted or threads you've started, but they're still there. IB says they're "working on it" but it's been that way for a while. :shrug:

I cannot find any of my threads in C3, those were totally vanilla.

"Restoration journey begins" was the big one that followed restoration over 7 years.

I cannot find it at all.

DJ_Critterus 02-13-2024 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 2217815)

"Restoration journey begins" was the big one that followed restoration over 7 years.

I cannot find it at all.

Somebody here mentioned that they lock and/or boneyard threads based on date, now. You might look into seeing if that's the case.

Steve_R 02-13-2024 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 2217815)

I cannot find it at all.

Without the Search function the only way to find a thread is by date of last post or when it was started. It's a huge PITA if it's not an active thread. There are threads in C3 Gen from 2005 and they're not locked. If your thread hasn't had a new post in a while it's a tedious search to find it.

C3C7NIC 02-13-2024 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2217817)
Somebody here mentioned that they lock and/or boneyard threads based on date, now. You might look into seeing if that's the case.

It's strange, if I google Restoration journey begins I can find the thread, but if click all thread started by or posts by me it says sorry no match. I did this signed out as well as signed in.

So no idea how to find old C3 threads I had.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ey-begins.html

Maybe its an error on my end.

C3C7NIC 02-13-2024 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2217819)
Without the Search function the only way to find a thread is by date of last post or when it was started. It's a huge PITA if it's not an active thread. There are threads in C3 Gen from 2005 and they're not locked. If your thread hasn't had a new post in a while it's a tedious search to find it.

Hmm... so threads are there but impossible to find. LOL

Steve_R 02-13-2024 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 2217820)
It's strange, if I google Restoration journey begins I can find the thread, but if click all thread started by or posts by me it says sorry no match. I did this signed out as well as signed in.

So no idea how to find old C3 threads I had.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ey-begins.html

Maybe its an error on my end.

It's not you. There's a thread in the Help section about this, and several people have said they can find their threads/posts using Google, but not using the forum Search function.

Mike Mercury 02-13-2024 10:36am

https://www.tim-yvonne.com/forum/cf-4.jpg

ratflinger 02-13-2024 10:36am

Nope, older C3 threads get locked when people start replying to 2yo+ threads. Those people are encouraged to start a new thread and link to the old thread if they wish. Hard to get boneyarded. The C3 mods are still reasonable.

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 10:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratflinger (Post 2217827)
Nope, older C3 threads get locked when people start replying to 2yo+ threads. Those people are encouraged to start a new thread and link to the old thread if they wish. Hard to get boneyarded. The C3 mods are still reasonable.

Are you drunk? Or oblivious? This has to be a joke!:seasix:

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 10:40am

OP, exactly what help do you need?

Steve_R 02-13-2024 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 2217830)
OP, exactly what help do you need?

She's trying to find a thread on CF about her C3 restoration, probably so she can update it. Without the Search function there it's a PITA. She found it using Google. YW.

Frankie the Fink 02-13-2024 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2217817)

The CF mods may indeed do this, I know they like to close older threads that pop up so members will start new ones and increase the "click count" no doubt.
IB is a big numbers game and more clicks means more sponsors.

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2217834)
She's trying to find a thread on CF about her C3 restoration, probably so she can update it. Without the Search function there it's a PITA. She found it using Google. YW.

Duh,....I was trying to see if I might have the answer for the part/section/technique/method of the restoration of the car.....

Good luck posting there to a dated thread!

I don't even see her name on the members list.

Nic, can I help???

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2217836)
The CF mods may indeed do this, I know they like to close older threads that pop up so members will start new ones and increase the "click count" no doubt.
IB is a big numbers game and more clicks means more sponsors.

You have to have seen this occurring....VB 63 69 thrives on closing down threads according to date. He cherry picks threads that HE feels worthy to remain running.

Steve_R 02-13-2024 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 2217841)
I don't even see her name on the members list.

Probably because her username there is different than here. :yesnod:

She found the thread using Google and posted a link to it in post 7 in this thread. :shrug:

Jughead 02-13-2024 11:03am

Something going on. I tried to view the posts I created and only got the last 30 days or so.

:confused:

Don Rickles 02-13-2024 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2217846)
Probably because her username there is different than here. :yesnod:

She found the thread using Google and posted a link to it in post 7 in this thread. :shrug:

Ahh, and that was a great thread!!!!:seasix: