The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Theological Question- Get Into Heaven Or Not? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125521)

Chemtrails99 04-15-2021 10:05pm

Theological Question- Get Into Heaven Or Not?

I don't know a lot of details about Christianity, so I have a question about a friend. Here's the background on the issue:

My friend noticed their Paypal account had a charge of over 1000 bucks on it they didn't make. Turned out somebody hacked their ebay account and ordered themselves a Mac Laptop. It took them all afternoon to cancel the order and purge all the associated accounts. The ebay account had been bugged so that even though you changed the password, it would reject it when you tried the one you just put into it. It took actual phone calls for my grumpy friend to sort out everything and make it right.

The laptop had a drop ship address added to the ebay account that showed up on the order. The shipment will be recalled by the vendor and never arrive at that location as a result.

My question is: If my friend found a service to ship a couple of gallons of rancid gorilla poop to the scammers address (which would arrive on the day they expect the laptop), would God hate them and not let them into Heaven for it? If God hates them, can they just go confess to a Priest and get forgiveness anyway?

Rodnok1 04-15-2021 10:21pm

Better idea... Sign them up for all the gay prOn he can find. Maybe some S&M along with Herpes and Aids literature. Fukers would wish they were dead after the constant barrage they received. I'd send them a laptop also.. One smashed with a sledge and a nice note inferring they may be next.

DAB 04-15-2021 10:41pm

Thou shalt not steal.

bill_daniels 04-15-2021 11:04pm

What's the address the scammers are using. Maybe someone lives local who could check it out.

I have heard of this scam. The house probably won't actually belong to the scammers. It might be an Air B&B, or just a random house, and the scammer will pay someone to hang out in front and accept/sign for/take the package.

Vandelay Industries 04-15-2021 11:04pm

Father Guido Sarducci approves of all of the above.

He also recommends a defecatory visit to the scumbag fraudster's roof. :yesnod:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ILzbhxWSOQF2w/giphy.gif

DAB 04-15-2021 11:09pm

Romans 12:19 KJV
[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Chemtrails99 04-15-2021 11:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1874090)
What's the address the scammers are using. Maybe someone lives local who could check it out.

I have heard of this scam. The house probably won't actually belong to the scammers. It might be an Air B&B, or just a random house, and the scammer will pay someone to hang out in front and accept/sign for/take the package.

The shipping address is near where my friend lives. It is an apartment that has had new people in it since Feb 2021. Oddly, there are TWO businesses already registered at this address since then. The names of the people who own those companies have about 30 OTHER companies listed at places all across the USA. He thinks they may be scammers who set up companies to be able to receive shipments under who stay 6 months and move (looking at the start dates of a number of the companies). The fraud shipment had my friend's name on it and this address. Got the feeling that the scammers thought they were scamming a person who lived in SoCal where my friend used to live. Not somebody 26 minutes away from them. :leaving:

Anjdog2003 04-16-2021 12:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 (Post 1874080)
I don't know a lot of details about Christianity, so I have a question about a friend. Here's the background on the issue:

My friend noticed their Paypal account had a charge of over 1000 bucks on it they didn't make. Turned out somebody hacked their ebay account and ordered themselves a Mac Laptop. It took them all afternoon to cancel the order and purge all the associated accounts. The ebay account had been bugged so that even though you changed the password, it would reject it when you tried the one you just put into it. It took actual phone calls for my grumpy friend to sort out everything and make it right.

The laptop had a drop ship address added to the ebay account that showed up on the order. The shipment will be recalled by the vendor and never arrive at that location as a result.

My question is: If my friend found a service to ship a couple of gallons of rancid gorilla poop to the scammers address (which would arrive on the day they expect the laptop), would God hate them and not let them into Heaven for it? If God hates them, can they just go confess to a Priest and get forgiveness anyway?

Your friend would have to read this post, punish enough.

snide 04-16-2021 6:09am

Quote:

This is how the Catholics do it. They are usually shitbags all week, breaking as many of the 10 commandments as they can, in the name of God, of course. Then in confessional, they recite their sins and ask for forgiveness, which is granted, and the cycle repeats. :yesnod:

snide 04-16-2021 6:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1874092)
Romans 12:19 KJV
[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

So, why is vengeance only available to the Lord and not the rest of us? Bit of a double standard, wouldn't you say? :bigears:

Dan47 04-16-2021 7:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1874105)
So, why is vengeance only available to the Lord and not the rest of us? Bit of a double standard, wouldn't you say? :bigears:

Raised a Catholic and I think religion is b.s. created to control the masses. Gives folks an excuse to let evil run wild instead of getting involved.

Not to say I don’t believe in a higher power, I do but it gave us brains and bodies for a reason.

DAB 04-16-2021 8:27am

Quote:

I can only tell you what God says. If you disagree, take it up with Him.

DAB 04-16-2021 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 1874130)
Raised a Catholic and I think religion is b.s. created to control the masses. Gives folks an excuse to let evil run wild instead of getting involved.

Not to say I don’t believe in a higher power, I do but it gave us brains and bodies for a reason.

And yet, man, everyday, violates both man made law (don't speed), and God's laws (don't kill), and God lets that happen, over and over again. So clearly, religion, as you conceive it, has no power to control man.

Now some religions try to restrain man by either fear or guilt, but that doesn't work either, as the various catholic priests accused of violating the law show (they are supposed to be the most righteous of men, and yet...).

bill_daniels 04-16-2021 10:29am

dvarapala 04-16-2021 10:48am

Quote:

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord.

dvarapala 04-16-2021 10:51am

Quote:

That's not for you to question bitch. :nono:

snide 04-16-2021 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1874175)
And yet, man, everyday, violates both man made law (don't speed), and God's laws (don't kill), and God lets that happen, over and over again. So clearly, religion, as you conceive it, has no power to control man.

Now some religions try to restrain man by either fear or guilt, but that doesn't work either, as the various catholic priests accused of violating the law show (they are supposed to be the most righteous of men, and yet...).

Priests, ministers, Rabbis, etc. They've "sworn a duty" to uphold the word of their God(s). And yet they continue to commit the sins of man with impunity. This is the main problem I have with organized religion. The ordained are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet. :slap:

DAB 04-16-2021 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1874189)
Priests, ministers, Rabbis, etc. They've "sworn a duty" to uphold the word of their God(s). And yet they continue to commit the sins of man with impunity. This is the main problem I have with organized religion. The ordained are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet. :slap:

ah, now we are getting somewhere.

the point of the law in the Bible was to show man that he was a sinner. every one of them. you and me. even "holy men" were sinners. once you know and admit that you too cannot keep the law of God, then you can know that there is only one way to be admitted to heaven. it's not by keeping the law and being holy and blameless. it's by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus, who died and paid for your sin, and in return God credits you as being blameless in His sight.

all these so called "holy men" of today go thru a lot of motions and procedures, and they mostly do it perfectly, according to the procedures laid out by their superiors, but none of that action will have any effect on your being admitted to heaven. catholics are taught that going to mass every day is better than once a week, or once a month, or once a year. but it does not change their standing before God. likewise, Jews are taught to do their very best to keep the ceremonial law, observing the sabbath (our friday PM to saturday PM), and all the other 600+ laws they have derived from the Torah, but that too does not save them from hell.

so what you have is a bunch of well intentioned, but mistaken hypocrites.

JetMechZ16 04-16-2021 12:50pm

What ever he does God will not hate him for it. It will be up to God to decide weather he forgives him or not.

You guys argue the wrong points.

Anjdog2003 04-16-2021 12:52pm