The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Let me tell you about my month of Oct (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123977)

Broken Wind 11-01-2020 4:55am

Let me tell you about my month of Oct

Buried my dad on the 13th. Buried my coach/mentor/friend a week later.

This past Thursday I hear a tremendous explosion outside my house. I have never heard anything quite like it before. I look out the front door and something isn’t right in the road 300’ in front of my house. It looks like a commercial truck is sideways in the road.

Without going into a lot of detail, I go down to the road to find a young man has just lost his life in a head-on collision and I’m the one calling it in to 911. That scene haunts me and I have had little sleep since.

I’m so done with 2020.

snide 11-01-2020 7:11am

Can't wait to put 2020 in the rearview mirror.

VITE1 11-01-2020 7:15am

:sadangel:

Rodnok1 11-01-2020 7:38am

Ouch.. Not a good month for you at all.

Jeff '79 11-01-2020 7:55am

1 Attachment(s)
My wife was driving the pontoon boat last Saturday at 22 mph with my BIL, SIL, my daughter, her husband, and their pug aboard. Beautiful sunny 77° day on flat water.
Long story short, the dog jumped over the front of the boat through the tunnel. I heard my daughter shriek, "WHERE's MY DOG !!!!" it was blood curdling. I instinctively stood up and looked back to see a massive circle of blood 200 yards back. I just went to my daughter and put her head into my chest and said I'm so sorry baby... She's gone.
I fished it out keeping the wounds under it so no one would see the extent of the injuries. Thank God it bled out and the head was intact. I got to deal with all that after we got back to the dock and they went back to the house.
The loop is finally fading after a week. It was just horrific.
Here is Xena's last pic :sadangel:

Attachment 48663

On top of that, my sister and FIL died early 2020.
2020 sucks. i feel your pain:sadangel:

mrvette 11-01-2020 8:11am

Early April wife mother died in this house.....a week or so later our chiwawa died, and a week or so later the smaller female cat.....her larger brother is still around doing ok.....but we now have her mother's slightly younger sister who is now about 89 or so......so aside from all the BS poly ticks, I had a spine surgery back last June or so.....been working on the wiper door on my '72 vette since last Jan.....just too damn much other crap going on, and the weather at 110% humidity......for about 6 months .....

AND later last week the next door neighbor mounted a wonderful white ship's wheel to front of his house about 5' diameter...spokes and all, nice display...well, Friday night some jerks STOLE IT!!!!! :issues::sadangel:

snide 11-01-2020 4:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1818382)
My wife was driving the pontoon boat last Saturday at 22 mph with my BIL, SIL, my daughter, her husband, and their pug aboard. Beautiful sunny 77° day on flat water.
Long story short, the dog jumped over the front of the boat through the tunnel. I heard my daughter shriek, "WHERE's MY DOG !!!!" it was blood curdling. I instinctively stood up and looked back to see a massive circle of blood 200 yards back. I just went to my daughter and put her head into my chest and said I'm so sorry baby... She's gone.
I fished it out keeping the wounds under it so no one would see the extent of the injuries. Thank God it bled out and the head was intact. I got to deal with all that after we got back to the dock and they went back to the house.
The loop is finally fading after a week. It was just horrific.
Here is Xena's last pic :sadangel:

Attachment 48663

On top of that, my sister and FIL died early 2020.
2020 sucks. i feel your pain:sadangel:

Sorry for your losses, Jeff. :sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

simpleman68 11-02-2020 9:12am

Damn.... that's a lot of loss in such a short period of time.
Awful how violent images stay burned into our memory banks for a long time.
Scott

Aerovette 11-02-2020 11:52am

The 1/1/20 club turned out to be a lot less enjoyable than was initially thought. Glad we are here to share with each other what a shit-show 2020 has been and I am hoping, as survivors, 2021 will be cause for HUGE celebration.