The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Masks (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122278)

sasnglass77 05-18-2020 3:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1767326)
The embroidery project didn't really materialize and her machines were in the shop all last week for annual maintenance. The whole hospital PPE crisis thankfully never really materialized here, so there was never a mask shortage. Our county has had ten cases and two hospitalizations. The masks she and her friends have made were given to employees to wear outside of work and to employees with no patient contact like administrative people to wear at work.

Which is all good news to us. The masks she was making were never meant to anything but a "better than nothing" back-up if a crisis developed. She's back to her quilting projects for now and when we go grocery shopping during senior hours at the local supermarket she carries some masks in her purse and enjoys giving them out to elderly people who want and can't afford or find one.

When we went to pick up her machines at the sewing center/quilting store yesterday, as expected, we saw some nicely made and cool masks on the folks there.

She's given away some the tons of materials we accumulated through donations to people who continue to make masks for firemen, police, and other first responders.

I'm actually thinking about reaching out the schools here. As social distancing and masks will be a way of life for a bit. The kids can still show their school spirit :) Just kicking that idea around. I have to get off my butt and decide if it is feasible :)

MrPeabody 05-18-2020 4:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasnglass77 (Post 1767524)
I'm actually thinking about reaching out the schools here. As social distancing and masks will be a way of life for a bit. The kids can still show their school spirit :) Just kicking that idea around. I have to get off my butt and decide if it is feasible :)

There is a need there, I think, once the schools open up. Maybe contact a school administrator and get their take on it.

Stangkiller 05-24-2020 10:10am

Hey guys, i need a handfull for me and the wife, any chances you have some solid colors? Solid blue or black maybe?

snide 05-24-2020 4:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1769139)
Hey guys, i need a handfull for me and the wife, any chances you have some solid colors? Solid blue or black maybe?

Hi Chris,

The closest we have to a solid color now is gray with white dots. Everything else is a pattern of some sort - gray and white chevron, Route 66, Steamboat Willy, Patriotic Snoopy and a couple of other patterns. I'll send you a text with what we currently have.

:cheers:

snide 05-26-2020 8:44am

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what we currently have in inventory...

04 commemorative 05-27-2020 6:57am

Be careful over there.....they deleted my "penis cloud" pic ! With all the language there and pics showing almost everything they delete a cloud pic !!
They will give you a vacation for saying you guys are "selling" masks....they are such ass munches !

sasnglass77 05-27-2020 8:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1769727)
Be careful over there.....they deleted my "penis cloud" pic ! With all the language there and pics showing almost everything they delete a cloud pic !!
They will give you a vacation for saying you guys are "selling" masks....they are such ass munches !

That's nuts :(

04 commemorative 05-27-2020 9:02am

I just got reamed again

snide 05-27-2020 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1769740)
I just got reamed again

They didn't use lube, did they? :bigears:

04 commemorative 05-27-2020 10:28am

No.....the bastards :hump::lol:

sasnglass77 05-27-2020 4:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1769740)
I just got reamed again

What for??

I think you are on your way to banned camp :seasix:

04 commemorative 05-27-2020 5:08pm

I think so too

Stangkiller 06-09-2020 10:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1769205)
Hi Chris,

The closest we have to a solid color now is gray with white dots. Everything else is a pattern of some sort - gray and white chevron, Route 66, Steamboat Willy, Patriotic Snoopy and a couple of other patterns. I'll send you a text with what we currently have.

:cheers:

Sorry im late to reply..the masks shipped quick and looked great!

snide 08-16-2020 9:34am

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the selection of masks we're selling today at a craft/farmer's market.

Stangkiller 08-16-2020 11:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1796584)
Here is the selection of masks we're selling today at a craft/farmer's market.

Good luck guys! Ive got to say i love my Ogre sized ones,i had to wear a few hrs in the office last week and it was fine and comfortable.

ratflinger 11-21-2020 12:14am

The goose-stepping is strong here

You vill do this and you vill like it!