The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Do you know anyone who's killed or murdered someone? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132431)

Louie Detroit 05-15-2023 4:41pm

Do you know anyone who's killed or murdered someone?

2 Attachment(s)
I know this might be a morbid topic for some, sorry if I've offended anyone. Cop and military stories are also welcome.

Well, I know a guy from each category, so I'll start.

---------

Brian lived about 7 or 8 houses up my street, I knew him and was friends with some of his brothers, but not him as he was a bit older. About 2 years ago he got really stoned on weed (not anything else) and remembered he had to go to his bank. It was just a few minutes before the bank closed, so he drove rather recklessly to beat the clock. He ran a red light and T-boned an old man who died on the scene. A friend of mine worked with him at Saturn in TN and they still talk occasionally. Brian was found guilty of OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED CAUSING DEATH [drugs] and is still awaiting final disposition of his case. Apparently the state of MI might have lost track of his records, causing a delay in the process, according to his attorney. He seems to show little to no remorse, and mostly talks about getting out of the can and getting his DL back, although he also has a couple of other DUI's to his record.

-------------

Dave Marsh was a weird dude who lived the next neighborhood away from me and was always a pariah amongst his peers, I avoided contact with him as much as I could. He was AWOL from the Army and took some LSD one night and wondered what it would feel like to kill someone, so he went to a local Dominoes Pizza joint where he once worked and robbed and shot 2 employees, killing one. They caught him rather quickly and he's doing life. Here is a link to the newspaper account of the crime and to his state of MI prison record. Truly a classic example of an oxygen thief.

His pedigree:
https://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/ot...cNumber=145861

Newspaper account of the crime from the LSJ.
https://www.newspapers.com/article/2...state_journal/

Rodnok1 05-15-2023 4:46pm

An uncle did a stretch for killing a guy during bar fight, he showed up to grandma funeral in shackles and orange jumpsuit. We had to clear out of the place before he was allowed in.

Kid that lived 2 doors down was at a house party out in the country, cops showed up so him and 3 others bailed. He was drunk and hit by a train, twins were killed. Unfortunately he was found not guilty something about train couldn't prove when they blew horn or was loud enough. He had a huge party that night.. I hope he died a painful death sometime in the past.

Datawiz 05-15-2023 4:48pm

We all knew DaNNNN

Anjdog2003 05-15-2023 4:54pm

Military or Police officers won't tell you or shouldn't

Rodnok1 05-15-2023 4:56pm

Of course there's fuktard here who we do not speak the name of, who killed a dude drunk driving and went to prison

Giraffe (He/Him) 05-15-2023 5:02pm

Two people.

One was my partner over a winter at a refinery. The other was a douchebag from the neighborhood.

Remember that film 'Thief' with James Caan? That movie was loosely based on a group of safecrackers. Anyway one of those safecrackers was the guy I worked with. He clobbered a guard who walked in on one of his jobs and the guard died. That dude had some stories lemme tell ya.

ptindall 05-15-2023 5:03pm

I had a coworker who killed his wife and daughter. Tried to kill his son but his son got away.

Louie Detroit 05-15-2023 5:17pm

I forgot about this guy, Michael Vanderlinden, 38, of Belleville, Mich. He was friends with a close acquaintance and I had a few beers with him on occasion. He was from Belgium and liked to party and occasionally do weird sexual shit, he couldn't handle a buzz.

He killed a total 5 people, including himself. He was Euro so he hated guns, of course he found another way to kill them. :sadangel:

2 Killed In Fiery Indiana Wrong-Way Crash; Driver's Family Found Slain At Home
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...michigan-city/

Yadkin 05-15-2023 5:21pm

I worked with guy who killed himself. Brian was maybe 45. He had a beautiful wife and two perfect kids. Super nice guy, very low key at work. Always well dressed- old school. One night he got into his bathtub with a carving knife and almost succeeded in sawing his own head off.

Louie Detroit 05-15-2023 5:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2082373)
I worked with guy who killed himself. Brian was maybe 45. He had a beautiful wife and two perfect kids. Super nice guy, very low key at work. Always well dressed- old school. One night he got into his bathtub with a carving knife and almost succeeded in sawing his own head off.

I was hoping to avoid suicide stories.

Bill 05-15-2023 5:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2082373)

I had a friend from HS, very nice guy, wife and 4 kids, engineer......he had a coke problem, got arrested for it, company put him through rehab because they liked hims so much, v. firing him, I guess he relapsed or maybe the rehab never took. Anyway, he went out to his shop and hung himself. I guess he read the writing on the wall and knew he couldn't shake it.

Very sad. Very nice guy.

Yadkin 05-15-2023 5:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 2082381)
I had a friend from HS, very nice guy, wife and 4 kids, engineer......he had a coke problem, got arrested for it, company put him through rehab because they liked hims so much, v. firing him, I guess he relapsed or maybe the rehab never took. Anyway, he went out to his shop and hung himself. I guess he read the writing on the wall and knew he couldn't shake it.

Very sad. Very nice guy.

Brian was an engineer as well. And a mentor. :(

Yadkin 05-15-2023 5:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2082378)
I was hoping to avoid suicide stories.

I only have one problem with murder-suicide types. They always do it in the wrong order. :D

Louie Detroit 05-15-2023 5:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2082388)
I only have one problem with murder-suicide types. They always do it in the wrong order. :D

Technically, that isn’t always true.

Blademaker 05-15-2023 5:46pm

Yep......Quite a few.

zeek 05-15-2023 5:47pm

" Do you know anyone who's killed or murdered someone?.....

Yes.

Yadkin 05-15-2023 5:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie Detroit (Post 2082392)
Technically, that isn’t always true.

That's too true. Those asswipes on 911.... :(

Taurus 05-15-2023 6:35pm

Two actually. The first one ran one of my stores in New England with his wife. He set some one up on a Craigslist kind of thing, robbed him and killed him in our parking lot very late at night. He claimed self defense and had his wife back him up but didn't count on the cameras at an adjacent business. Life with no parole.

The second on was sad. I bought a chain of stores from a family in MA, father and two sons. One son had some mental issues and lived with dad. He snapped one day and killed his father at home. Will live out his days in an institution where he belongs.

DJ_Critterus 05-15-2023 6:53pm

AF2

:leaving:

JRD77VET 05-15-2023 7:01pm

I went to school with Aleko's brother Rye. Mike welsh was supposed to get married the next day. Mike was a friend.:sadangel:
https://www.mcall.com/1988/04/19/con...etrial-begins/

Ken purchased a few pistols at the gun shop I worked at ( but NOT the murder weapon )
https://www.mcall.com/1995/08/17/thr...tco-reservoir/