The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Leftovers can be pretty awesome. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91478)

Cybercowboy 11-29-2015 12:35pm

Leftovers can be pretty awesome.

Had a ham bone from a spiral sliced ham, and a bunch of awesome country ham left from my dad's Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. Yesterday we made country ham and beans, jalapeno cheese cornbread with homemade jalapeno jelly, and greens cooked in bacon drippings (aka lard) and yeah, it was really good. Just had to snap a picture before my wife, my friend Allan, and I chowed down. Now we have leftover leftovers for tomorrow.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/x...pstc09eqym.jpg

island14 11-29-2015 1:49pm

I'm starting to hate all of you guys that post these pics of delicious looking food.

Am jealous as hell.. :yesnod:

:lol:

:cert:

island14 11-29-2015 1:52pm

I'd prolly die for some cornbread and beans about now.. :yesnod:

NEED-A-VETTE 11-29-2015 2:11pm

Making turkey chili today...to eat over a big bowl of rice. :dance:

I usually do turkey, mushroom and barley soup...but wanted something different this year. :shrug:

lspencer534 11-29-2015 4:35pm

We had Cornish Game Hens for Thanksgiving, and last night instead of eating the same hen, sweet potatoes, and dressing, I made a salad of Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, and cubed hen with Ranch Dressing. :drool:

boracayjohnny 11-29-2015 5:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1428667)
I'd prolly die for some cornbread and beans about now.. :yesnod:

They have navy and pinto beans at SM in Angeles. Maybe in Cebu too? I've already taught the wife how to make down home pinto beans and corn bread. She did get a kick when I broke up the corn bread and put the beans over the top. I even kicked it up a notch when I added rice. :D

MrPeabody 11-29-2015 6:10pm

Big pot of turkey vegetable soup here.

CertInsaneC5 11-29-2015 7:16pm

I got tired of the leftovers. Made some venison loin medallions with onions and mushrooms. Served over noodles with the pan drippings. :cert:

Uri 12-01-2015 3:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1428703)
They have navy and pinto beans at SM in Angeles. Maybe in Cebu too? I've already taught the wife how to make down home pinto beans and corn bread. She did get a kick when I broke up the corn bread and put the beans over the top. I even kicked it up a notch when I added rice. :D

That's some good eatin there my nigga!!! :)

Fasglas 12-01-2015 3:51pm

Hot turkey sandwiches last night. Mmmm...
Cold turkey, dressing & cranberry sauce sandwiches for lunch today.
What's left will be turkey soup.
Waste not, want not.
:seasix:

Cybercowboy 12-01-2015 3:52pm

Ate the ham and beans one more time last night, froze two 2 lb bags of it, and had the last of the country ham for breakfast today, along with the last of the corn bread. I'm officially leftovered out.

Iron Chef 12-02-2015 11:08am

I used several of Gordon Ramsey's recipes this year and dinner came out fabulous. My gravy was nothing short of mind-blowing. I'd say Bucky really enjoyed it but he had a lot of wine in him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1428648)
Had a ham bone from a spiral sliced ham

Don't mention ham bone around Thomas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by island14 (Post 1428666)
I'm starting to hate all of you guys that post these pics of delicious looking food.

Am jealous as hell.. :yesnod:

Oh come on...just go out to your front lawn and find something. I'm sure if you work hard enough, you can get feral cat to taste like turkey. If not, then Rhum.

NeedSpeed 12-02-2015 1:26pm

I took the leftover turkey and made turkey quesadilla's. Turned out pretty good.

boracayjohnny 12-02-2015 2:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 1429243)
I used several of Gordon Ramsey's recipes this year and dinner came out fabulous. My gravy was nothing short of mind-blowing. I'd say Bucky really enjoyed it but he had a lot of wine in him.

Don't mention ham bone around Thomas.

Oh come on...just go out to your front lawn and find something. I'm sure if you work hard enough, you can get feral cat to taste like turkey. If not, then Rhum.

:rofl::lol: