The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   1968 Camero Restore (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2327)

thegreenman 03-18-2010 8:02pm

1968 Camero Restore

A guy at work has a C4 ZR1 , I have been trying to get him involved with this forum, no luck yet.

He has a 1968 Camero he wants to have restored. Can anyone recommend someone that can do a full restore (frame off). Amount for the restore will be important as it would be for any one of us.

TIA

Munch 03-18-2010 8:56pm

GB speaks very highly of Barry at Nansemond Auto Body. He is currently doing or just finished a frame off resto of a C2 I believe. I am only repeating what I heard from GB but I am going to have him paint my splitter in a couple weeks.

Get with GB for the whole story.

thegreenman 03-18-2010 9:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 29682)
GB speaks very highly of Barry at Nansemond Auto Body. He is currently doing or just finished a frame off resto of a C2 I believe. I am only repeating what I heard from GB but I am going to have him paint my splitter in a couple weeks.

Get with GB for the whole story.

I have heard a lot of good things about Barry and GB recommended him to me last year. I stopped by to talk to him about some paint work and was blown off, so I never went back. Maybe I caught him on a bad day???

allthrottleandsomebottle 03-19-2010 7:22am

Jeff............CAMARO! :D
PM about his options...............depends on his budget and the car condition:yesnod:
I have some 68 parts for sale :)

JDC1999 03-19-2010 9:20am

First thing he needs to do is buy a new "A", cuz the "e" isn't gettin' the job done!!

Vet4jdc 03-19-2010 10:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDC1999 (Post 29787)
First thing he needs to do is buy a new "A", cuz the "e" isn't gettin' the job done!!

:rofl::rofl:

Pat...I'd like to buy an "A"!

Cobra4B 03-19-2010 10:19am

The prices for restoration on a Camero and Camaro vary greatly ;)

thegreenman 03-19-2010 2:22pm

I am assuming he has a Camaro, not a Camero, but I will check Monday to make sure. :lol:

thegreenman 03-19-2010 2:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by allthrottleandsomebottle (Post 29752)
Jeff............CAMARO! :D
PM about his options...............depends on his budget and the car condition:yesnod:
I have some 68 parts for sale :)

I will let him know. He was saying he didn't have time for a restore but want to get it fixed up. Not much rust, I will try to hunt him down Monday to see if he needs any parts.

71corv 03-19-2010 7:32pm

Don't know how far he wants to take the car, but I just looked at a 68 Camaro done by Precision Body Works in Ashland,Va. Car is owned by a C6 Z06 owner and he had it painted in the same color as his Z06 (the bright red).Car looks outstanding. Presently, the car is at another shop having the engine installed. Do not know any thing related to the cost/time they would charge/take.

Gene :drivingskid:

thegreenman 03-19-2010 7:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71corv (Post 29842)
Don't know how far he wants to take the car, but I just looked at a 68 Camaro done by Precision Body Works in Ashland,Va. Car is owned by a C6 Z06 owner and he had it painted in the same color as his Z06 (the bright red).Car looks outstanding. Presently, the car is at another shop having the engine installed. Do not know any thing related to the cost/time they would charge/take.

Gene :drivingskid:

I told him he might have to travel to find a good shop, he said he had no problem with that. I will tell him about Precision Body Works.

Thanks.