The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone stock? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1608)

Munch 01-15-2010 8:58pm

Anyone stock?

Being on Vette forums or car forums in general has given me a slightly skewed vision of the world around me in that it seems like everyone mods their car. Funny thing is when I drive around and see other Vette's they are most always stock. stock breaks, exhaust, not lowered etc... Which lends me to think in real life most people don't actually mod their cars but on forums most everyone does.

How 'bout it, anyone bone stock?

TR6speed 01-15-2010 9:24pm

You are probably correct about the forums. If people are not on the forums, then they probably don't even think about modding their cars, because they are not talking with other Corvette people that much.
I know some of the members in my club are on the different forums and they have modded their rides, yet others that don't go on the forums mention that they wonder were we get all the ideas that we do to our cars. Some don't even have a real clue on how to properly detail their cars. So in conclusion if I would stay away from teh forums, I would have alot more money.

thegreenman 01-15-2010 9:27pm

I think you are right, a majority of the Vettes are stock. Nothing wrong with a stock Vette, they are great machines. Myself, I tend to be a little compulsive about everything I do and can not leave well enough alone, hence my wallet draining mods. :lolsmile:

thegreenman 01-15-2010 9:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR6speed (Post 20104)
You are probably correct about the forums. If people are not on the forums, then they probably don't even think about modding their cars, because they are not talking with other Corvette people that much.
I know some of the members in my club are on the different forums and they have modded their rides, yet others that don't go on the forums mention that they wonder were we get all the ideas that we do to our cars. Some don't even have a real clue on how to properly detail their cars. So in conclusion if I would stay away from teh forums, I would have alot more money.

You are right, they other Vette guys I have talked to that haven't done any mods never read any of the forums. Maybe we can get a class action lawsuit against all of these site. Maybe Gary will settle for a cold beer instead of dragging this out in court. :beer: :o_o: :rofl:

Vette Guy 01-15-2010 10:54pm

Mine was stock the first day I bought it.

Second day? Nope. :hurray:

wwomanC6 01-15-2010 11:06pm

Bought mine used. Someone had already started modin' it!

Munch 01-15-2010 11:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 20107)
You are right, they other Vette guys I have talked to that haven't done any mods never read any of the forums. Maybe we can get a class action lawsuit against all of these site. Maybe Gary will settle for a cold beer instead of dragging this out in court. :beer: :o_o: :rofl:

I hear someone left some cold ones for him outside the Barn last weekend, maybe I'll drive up there tomorrow and see if they made it in to the fridge.:beer:

2ez 2spd 01-16-2010 9:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR6speed (Post 20104)

:iagree: This is why I'm here to learn what the do's & dont's are. I bought mine used and it had some work already done but I didn't know that at first. My gears had been changed and it took me over a year to figure that out :willy:. This is my first vette and I do want to do some mods in the future and I'm sure I will be asking questions when the time comes.

thegreenman 01-16-2010 9:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 20129)
I hear someone left some cold ones for him outside the Barn last weekend, maybe I'll drive up there tomorrow and see if they made it in to the fridge.:beer:

I need to test my power steering repair. If Gary is going to be at the Barn and up for a visit, let me know when and I will stop by for a few minutes. I am heading to work for a couple of hours now.

DropTheTop 01-16-2010 9:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 20107)

:lolsmile: :lol: That is :rep: worthy!

illmac77 01-17-2010 12:07pm

Yep, i have a Stock Z06 :)

WKMCD 01-17-2010 2:56pm

I consider mine stock - the way the factory should have made it. :)

Sneaks 01-17-2010 4:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 20258)
I consider mine stock - the way the factory should have made it. :)

Before or after you get it back this time? :dance:

Vet4jdc 01-17-2010 5:04pm

Mine is still stock!

Except for the K&N filter, and wheels, and exhaust, and C6-Z06 sway bars, and lingenfelter windshield washer fluid! :D

:rofl:

zz4vetteguy 01-17-2010 5:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 20263)
Mine is still stock!

Except for the K&N filter, and wheels, and exhaust, and C6-Z06 sway bars, and lingenfelter windshield washer fluid! :D

:rofl:

I almost bought the washer fluid, is it worth it? :D

zz4vetteguy 01-17-2010 5:48pm

I think the terms Stock and Modded are both relative terms depending on who you talk to...technically, anything you do to change something from it's original form has modified it.

With that being said, all I have done to mine is added some brushed aluminum pieces, drilled & slotted rotors, Vararam, and a tune (by Ed of course), and I don't consider it modded.

Now my C4 with a ZZ4 crate motor, ligenfelter injectors, straight exhaust, underdrive pulleys, stage II racing chip, ZR1 wheels, and 85 to 96 (early to late C4) body conversion...was slightly modded

WKMCD 01-17-2010 6:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneaks (Post 20261)
Before or after you get it back this time? :dance:

SHHHHH! :beatup:

Cobra4B 01-17-2010 9:31pm

After hyper-modding my Z06 I'm leaving my new vert basic. Going do put on a Halltech, C6Z shifter, gauge bezels, and some Corsas. I was thinking of doing a Z06 spec suspension, but after driving it around on our crappy roads tonight I fell in love w/ the OEM base suspension; will lower it 1" w/ the stock adjusters. I was thinking about putting my catch can on, but why bother on a car that won't see the track? Etc. etc.

Much of my Z06 modding prior to the targa was to make it perform better and last longer on the road course.

I have to say I absolutely love the sport seats and telescoping wheel.... heads up display is really neat too.

Peter Pan 01-17-2010 9:49pm

Neither of my Vettes have been modded, when parts wore out I just put in new and improved version:D

zz4vetteguy 01-17-2010 9:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 20320)

I have to say I absolutely love the sport seats and telescoping wheel.... heads up display is really neat too.

I love my HUD, when I drove nothing but the Vette for a long time and then got into another vehicle I was lost without it. :lolsmile: Although I hear the C6's HUD has a few other settings the C5 does not, I still love mine.

BTW, if you (or others) were not aware, if you push and hold the MODE button, you can toggle on and off the tach, speedo, and/or selected gauge in a few different combos.