The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   "This is a Catholic country" (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43346)

Joecooool 11-15-2012 2:21am

"This is a Catholic country"

That about sums shit up.

Ireland 'should change abortion law' after woman's death | World news | guardian.co.uk

SteelCityBlue 11-15-2012 2:53am

I get it. But you are using a one off in avery isolated situation to diminish everything that religion has done. How many hospitals are Catholic that treat everyone? In this country?

Loco Vette 11-15-2012 7:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityBlue (Post 813788)
I get it. But you are using a one off in avery isolated situation to diminish everything that religion has done. How many hospitals are Catholic that treat everyone? In this country?

Quit that thinking! Recite the mantra!:slap:

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 8:36am

The deep rooted obsession and hatred of religion that you seem to have combined with your own delusions of enlightenment and self righteousness is absolutely insane.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-15-2012 10:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 813848)
The deep rooted obsession and hatred of religion that you seem to have combined with your own delusions of enlightenment and self righteousness is absolutely insane.

Yup. But they're out there. And as far as the self righteousness mind set go's, do you think YOUR hatred of THEM is any different?

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 10:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 813907)
Yup. But they're out there. And as far as the self righteousness mind set go's, do you think YOUR hatred of THEM is any different?

No hate involved... it is actually amusing.

It's kind of like watching a less intelligent Jerry Springer show. It takes a while to get past the absolute ignorance, but once you accept that it isn't going to change, it is pure entertainment. coool's threads are the forum equivalent of the guy with 3 teeth who picks up a chair and throws it at his transvestite sister/girlfriend. You really just can't help but laugh.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-15-2012 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 813916)
No hate involved... it is actually amusing.

It's kind of like watching a less intelligent Jerry Springer show. It takes a while to get past the absolute ignorance, but once you accept that it isn't going to change, it is pure entertainment. coool's threads are the forum equivalent of the guy with 3 teeth who picks up a chair and throws it at his transvestite sister/girlfriend. You really just can't help but laugh.

So, lets be clear; All the insults you hurl at Coool are for amusement sake correct?

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 813920)
So, lets be clear; All the insults you hurl at Coool are for amusement sake correct?

Unless you somehow think you are going to solve the World's problems on a random car forum, isn't the whole forum for amusement sake? :shrug:

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-15-2012 11:01am

Quote:

isn't the whole forum for amusement sake?
This is funny:
Quote:

no way you actually have the brainpower to comprehend
And this:
Quote:

if you are actually stupid enough
And this:
Quote:

If you are really ignorant enough
Then this:
Quote:

In case you are too dense to figure it out on your own
And:
Quote:

Yea. You really are special.
More!:
Quote:

do you actually believe the stupid shit you say?
Yeah, this is all a big joke to you. :rofl:

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 813928)
Yeah, this is all a big joke to you. :rofl:

What are you even arguing? :skep:

I read through shit on here. If I see something as ignorant, I say it is ignorant. If I agree with it, I say I agree. Occasionally, I'll take a few minutes to look up some amplifying information and sources to give a more thought out opinion on a subject. Sometimes not.

It is an amusing way to kill time. Nothing more, nothing less. It takes a whole lot more than people posting stupid shit online to actually effect my life in any way beyond that. Really not sure what part of that is difficult to understand.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-15-2012 11:24am

Quote:

What are you even arguing?
What am I arguing? This, from IC's locked post;
Quote:

This has nothing to do with Republicans, Democrats, Presidents or anything else. It's about how people will deal with each other here at VB.

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 813948)
What am I arguing? This, from IC's locked post;

Again... WTF is your point?

Are you saying that I am a big meanie and it is somehow your internet hall monitor duty to step in and protect those who have been wronged? Perhaps taking the internet jussssst a bit too seriously?

As for my replies to coool that seem to have somehow offended your delicate sensitivities, I'll gladly show someone the same respect they show others.

RedLS1GTO 11-15-2012 11:58am

... and for the record, this thread is quite amusing. Definitely worth a few chuckles.

Craig 11-15-2012 12:22pm

...heh heh...you said meanie...

Fasglas 11-15-2012 3:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 813963)
Again... WTF is your point?

Are you saying that I am a big meanie and it is somehow your internet hall monitor duty to step in and protect those who have been wronged? Perhaps taking the internet jussssst a bit too seriously?

As for my replies to coool that seem to have somehow offended your delicate sensitivities, I'll gladly show someone the same respect they show others.

I've noticed the "protect" list is glaringly short.

Almost pimp-like...

Just sayin'

ft laud mike 12-20-2012 1:29am

Here is a wild thought, Ireland is overwhelmingly ...Catholic.....shocking!...
If you are against a country voting for what they want how about going after Iraq, Iran, egypt,...et al...
They vote pretty close to their religion. Unless you are ready to condemn o'sukalots support for the free vote Egypt just conducted which brings hard line Muslims into power (with all that fun loving sharia law) I would much rather live / visit Ireland than any dump in the ME.. how about you STFU?
:waiting:

Joecooool 12-20-2012 11:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft laud mike (Post 839292)
Here is a wild thought, Ireland is overwhelmingly ...Catholic.....shocking!...
If you are against a country voting for what they want how about going after Iraq, Iran, egypt,...et al...
They vote pretty close to their religion. Unless you are ready to condemn o'sukalots support for the free vote Egypt just conducted which brings hard line Muslims into power (with all that fun loving sharia law) I would much rather live / visit Ireland than any dump in the ME.. how about you STFU?
:waiting:

Thanks for bringing this one back from the dead.

You may have wished you had read the news this week though, because of this woman's death, Ireland is making abortion legal now.

Ireland to revamp abortion laws after woman's death | Reuters

:lol:

ft laud mike 12-21-2012 8:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 839592)
Thanks for bringing this one back from the dead.

You may have wished you had read the news this week though, because of this woman's death, Ireland is making abortion legal now.

Ireland to revamp abortion laws after woman's death | Reuters

:lol:

Ok, and if that is what their country decides to do, more power to them. For the record I could care less if abortion is legal, personally I think it saves me quite a bit of tax dollars based upon providing services for unwanted births