The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   For The Troops (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123609)

Norm 09-11-2020 11:11am

For The Troops

2 Attachment(s)
For the last few years now around the 9/11 time, I've been collecting snacks for care packages for the troops over in the sandbox. Just finished packing up 200 lbs, heading to the P.O. shortly.

Anjdog2003 09-11-2020 11:19am

What troop gets the Corvette?

Dan Dlabay 09-11-2020 12:35pm

Good job.:cert:

JetMechZ16 09-11-2020 1:37pm

You didn't put your C7 taillights in one of those boxes did you?

Bill 09-11-2020 2:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1804709)
You didn't put your C7 taillights in one of those boxes did you?

Send C7 tail lights to the enemy, not to our side.

:hide:

:leaving:

Norm 09-11-2020 3:05pm

From the shipment recipient when notified the boxes were on the way.

"WOW!!! Thank you so much and please thank the club. These will be greatly appreciated. With COVID the guys that have been here for a bit were limited to sandwiches and MRE’s for a while. The BX just recently reopened here. Thanks again and I look forward to sharing pics of the guys enjoying it."

That makes my day.

69camfrk 09-12-2020 1:48pm

I only got stuff like that one time on deployment. The Las Vegas Charter of the Hells Angels, sent us a big box of swag to our deployed location. I had a long time member there as a friend, and they hooked us up. It was better than Christmas. The guys loved that stuff, and it was nice of them to send it. I had a flag flown for them on our jet and sent a certificate of authenticity with it.:seasix:

bigblock427 09-12-2020 2:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1804656)
For the last few years now around the 9/11 time, I've been collecting snacks for care packages for the troops over in the sandbox. Just finished packing up 200 lbs, heading to the P.O. shortly.

That is awesome!:patriot: Thank you for supporting our troops.

I have done that a few times in the past.

bigblock427 09-12-2020 2:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1804995)
I only got stuff like that one time on deployment. The Las Vegas Charter of the Hells Angels, sent us a big box of swag to our deployed location. I had a long time member there as a friend, and they hooked us up. It was better than Christmas. The guys loved that stuff, and it was nice of them to send it. I had a flag flown for them on our jet and sent a certificate of authenticity with it.:seasix:

Thank you for your service to our country.:patriot:

Rikki Z-06 09-12-2020 2:30pm

:seasix:

Good on you and the club Norm. :USA:

JetMechZ16 09-14-2020 2:13pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Attachment 47316

z06psi 09-14-2020 2:55pm

Good shit.

We always loved getting stuff from non-family random people.

BOTY 09-14-2020 3:01pm

Norm you and the club did good. :yesnod:

Norm 09-14-2020 4:15pm

Our club member who this is going to (mortuary technician at Dover), had a US flag carried on a C-17 during the various stops in the Middle East.
We proudly display that flag at all our official club functions, and it's in my possession, so it will be displayed.

Bill 09-14-2020 5:10pm

Quote:

That's really, really cool. I would have really liked to have had a flag that flew with one of the planes that hit Al Qaeda in Afghanistan after 9/11, or maybe that had been on one of the ships that bombarded them.

"From Texas, with love, mother****ers!"

69camfrk 09-14-2020 6:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1805993)
That's really, really cool. I would have really liked to have had a flag that flew with one of the planes that hit Al Qaeda in Afghanistan after 9/11, or maybe that had been on one of the ships that bombarded them.

"From Texas, with love, mother****ers!"

I signed a few bombs on our old B-1's that were in the desert when I was there. If you look on my photobucket page, there are some pics from way back when.:seasix:

JetMechZ16 09-15-2020 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1806001)
I signed a few bombs on our old B-1's that were in the desert when I was there. If you look on my photobucket page, there are some pics from way back when.:seasix:

I was getting requests from hundreds of people for their names to be signed onto bombs. I wrote names on bombs until there wasn't any room to write anymore. My step mom would email me lists of peoples names that wanted that. I even got a radio station bumper sticker to put on a bomb from Eagle 97 in Alabama. I took the pick with the bumper sticker on the bomb but I couldn't let it launch with it on. If the sticker came off it would be FOD.