The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Liquor stored in garage ? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134922)

donuts 11-16-2023 2:55pm

Liquor stored in garage ?

Who stores their liquor in the garage ? I’ve got some unopened bottles of buffalo Trace that I stumbled across , is it still good after enduring an Oklahoma summer ?

ZipZap 11-16-2023 3:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by donuts (Post 2169928)
Who stores their liquor in the garage ? I’ve got some unopened bottles of buffalo Trace that I stumbled across , is it still good after enduring an Oklahoma summer ?

Probably. If it's sealed. Alcohol solutions are sensitive to heat, light and 02, as it oxidizes fairly readily. The beauty is the seal, because really, oxygen is the common culprit in most all liquor and wine debacles.

Raazor 11-16-2023 3:21pm

Drink that shit up!

Bill 11-16-2023 3:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 2169932)
Probably. If it's sealed. Alcohol solutions are sensitive to heat, light and 02, as it oxidizes fairly readily. The beauty is the seal, because really, oxygen is the common culprit in most all liquor and wine debacles.

If post apocalyptic zombie movies are any indicator, both booze and gasoline have an indefinite shelf life. Years after civilization crumbles, the booze and the gasoline both work just fine.

Rob 11-16-2023 3:25pm

Can't even get Buffalo Trace here unless you are there when the damn truck delivers it.

I hate that bourbon is popular and you have to join clubs to even get on a list of approved buyers at the local liquor stores

donuts 11-16-2023 3:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 2169939)
Can't even get Buffalo Trace here unless you are there when the damn truck delivers it.

I hate that bourbon is popular and you have to join clubs to even get on a list of approved buyers at the local liquor stores

I’ve got an extra bottle in tulsa if you’re close by

Rob 11-16-2023 3:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by donuts (Post 2169940)
I’ve got an extra bottle in tulsa if you’re close by

I'm in Nashville. Probably easier for me to drive up to their distillery and buy what I need now days

Onebadcad 11-16-2023 3:32pm

Invite the neighbors over tonight for a nightcap, if their cars are out of the driveway in the morning, you are good with it.

Onebadcad 11-16-2023 3:34pm

Quote:

I had scored some at Costco, most recent they had it for $20, not a misprint, with a limit of 4.

You can probably score some locally using this site:

winesearcher.com

You do not need the subscription, which gives you access to all retailers, the non-paid searches are pretty good.

Ronins2ndCuzzin 11-16-2023 3:34pm

Quote:

https://theliquorbros.com

You're welcome.

Ronins2ndCuzzin 11-16-2023 3:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by donuts (Post 2169928)

Don't keep it in direct sunlight, or anywhere where temps exceed about 65 degrees and the flavor profile should not be affected. However, storing in a non-climate controlled garage, I would NEVER do such a thing to Buffalo Trace, nor any bourbon I cared to eventually drink or hopefully enjoy. Unless you discovered 5000 unopened bottles, make room in your darn cabinet man!

dvarapala 11-16-2023 4:18pm

Quote:

:iagree:

Can't find BT, Weller, Blanton's, and anything else that's popular. :toetap:

dvarapala 11-16-2023 4:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronins2ndCuzzin (Post 2169947)

OMFG, an online liquor store that actually ships to California?!?!?!?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/dX3dMA...zhOm/giphy.gif

GTOguy 11-16-2023 4:53pm

I keep my extra hooch in the fridge out in the shop. Heat isn't good for it, but, as stated, if it's sealed in unopened bottles, IMO, no harm done. But yeah, keep it out of a 120 degree garage!!

RonC5 11-16-2023 5:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 2169942)
I'm in Nashville. Probably easier for me to drive up to their distillery and buy what I need now days

I was just there, Buffalo Trace is limited to 2 bottles a day, Blanton's 1 bottle. However I know a place in GA where if they have Buffalo, you can buy as much as you want. I picked up a case, should hold me for a bit.

Frankie the Fink 11-16-2023 5:21pm

Garages are to store classified documents, everybody knows that...

snide 11-16-2023 7:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronins2ndCuzzin (Post 2169947)

WTF? That "store" has Southern Comfort listed in the bourbons. WTF?

Budman 11-16-2023 7:59pm

Send a bottle to me. I’ll report back on it’s drinkability. :D

BADRACR1 11-16-2023 8:06pm

I keep my spare 1.75 liter bottle of Glenlivet 12 underneath my workbench. Ya know, just in case I need it.

BayouCountry 11-16-2023 8:18pm

I have found whiskey to be more forgiving than wine in the heat. Lost power and lost some wine; which I don’t buy anymore after moving to Louisiana and getting hooked on whiskey.

I try to keep Buffalo Trace on the shelf. Hope I can find it after I finish the bottle. It’s hard to find in Louisiana.

Sippin’ on EH Taylor right now while shopping for etched Glencairn glasses for my SIL for Christmas. He treated me to some of his new picks last night.

I took a bottle of Clyde Mays blue label to the Pig Roasting last weekend. Half the bottle remained when I left so I guess it was well received. I liked it.