The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I have to right to "demand" this, but... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94965)

lspencer534 03-06-2016 4:26pm

I have no right to "demand" this, but...

would someone be kind enough to actually explain what the problem was with VB being down for so long? Please don't insult my tiny little brain by repeating propagating, populating, navigating, serrating, titillating, activating, amalgamating, chlorinating, concatenating, felicitating, intercalating, etc.

We've all had computer failures, but nothing that caused everything to be down for more than a few hours.

Thank you.

Montehall 03-06-2016 4:29pm

the VCXO wasn't properly warmed up

CertInsaneC5 03-06-2016 4:32pm

Our license expired. Happy now? :D

MrPeabody 03-06-2016 4:51pm

I had been having periodic trouble accessing this place for weeks. Generally about 50% of most days. I PMd Y2K about it and he said I wasn't the only one having the problem. He said it was between my ISP and their server and there was nothing he could do about it. When it went down permanently last week, I tried from a different location with a different ISP. When that didn't work, I figured the whole place was down.

Giraffe (He/Him) 03-06-2016 4:55pm

Jeff bombed the corporate headquarters.

GentleBen 03-06-2016 6:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waco (Post 1456090)
Something happened to the domain - I was getting redirected to spam crap even through Google's DNS services.

I imagine direct IP access would have worked, I assume the server(s) themselves were fine.

Anyway - glad we're back!

Actually, direct IP access did not work either. Rob came up with a way around the DNS so that people could get in but most people who saw the hack were unwilling to edit some files in their computer. Accordingly, there were only five or six of us who regularly got into VBOT.

Ol Timer 03-06-2016 7:13pm

All I know is I clicked and y'all weren't there. Reminds me of when my parents moved and didn't tell me. :kimblair:

VITE1 03-06-2016 7:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montehall (Post 1456068)
the VCXO wasn't properly warmed up

LOL. I doubt the TCXO was any better.

( I spent 30 years Selling them)

lspencer534 03-06-2016 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Timer (Post 1456175)
All I know is I clicked and y'all weren't there. Reminds me of when my parents moved and didn't tell me. :kimblair:

I decided to take a trip down memory lane and visit the house I grew up in. I parked my car in front of the house, and looked at the old front yard when I played football...raked the leaves...got the mail out of the mailbox every day. I wanted to go inside and let the memories flood over me. I went to the door and knocked. The owners opened the door and saw me and slammed the door in my face.

Parents...I swear!

ApexOversteer 03-06-2016 7:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lspencer534 (Post 1456183)
I decided to take a trip down memory lane and visit the house I grew up in. I parked my car in front of the house, and looked at the old front yard when I played football...raked the leaves...got the mail out of the mailbox every day. I wanted to go inside and let the memories flood over me. I went to the door and knocked. The owners opened the door and saw me and slammed the door in my face.

Parents...I swear!

Ok, Now we're back...

86RAG 03-06-2016 7:43pm

The withdrawals were baaaad :yesnod:

Jeff '79 03-06-2016 7:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1456086)
Jeff bombed the corporate headquarters.

:rofl: I was out of the country.... :leaving:

lspencer534 03-06-2016 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer (Post 1456184)
Ok, Now we're back...

:seasix:

04 commemorative 03-07-2016 2:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Timer (Post 1456175)

That happened to you too !!??...:willy::willy: