The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My Yearly Weather Forecast... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123788)

lspencer534 10-04-2020 6:11pm

My Yearly Weather Forecast...

1 Attachment(s)
If you love the cold of Winter, you’re going to love my forecast if you live in the Northern half of the country. My long-range forecast is calling for a cold Winter with normal to below-normal temperatures in areas from the Great Lakes and Midwest, westward through the Northern and Central Plains, and Rockies.

Remember last year’s almost snow-free Winter in the Northeast? Well, this year my prediction is very different, with the possibility of a blizzard hitting the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast states during the second week of February. This storm may bring up to 1-2 feet of snow to cities from Washington, D.C. to Boston, Massachusetts!

The Great Lakes region will get its fair share of snow but expect above-normal snowfall if you live in the western Dakotas, northern portions of Colorado and Utah, as well as Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and central and eastern sections of Washington and Oregon.

Eastern Ohio and Kentucky can expect a significant snowfall in the beginning of February, and the Southern Plains are on target to receive copious amounts of snow, sleet, and rain later on that same month.

And for those living in the eastern half of the country, you may get clobbered during the final week of March, but what falls from the sky will depend on where you live—this storm will track from the nation’s midsection to central New England and bring a significant late-season snowfall to the north of its track, and showers and thunderstorms to the south.

The Southeastern part of the country, excluding the Tennessee Valley, will experience average precipitation levels with temperatures chillier than normal overall.

Areas across the Desert Southwest, (Arizona and southern California), are predicted to experience a dry and generally mild winter. Not good news considering signs that drought conditions were beginning to ramp up in these regions at the close of the winter of 2020.

Right along the Pacific Coastal Plain, from northern California and points north through western portions of Oregon and Washington, rainy and wet weather will be the rule for the Winter ahead.

In New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma east into Arkansas, and Louisiana, Mother Nature will mix intervals of tranquil weather with occasional shots of cold and wintry precipitation but overall may seem to be a bit “temperamental.”

Attachment 47847

DAB 10-04-2020 6:39pm

:toetap:

"temperamental"

:slap:

snide 10-04-2020 6:51pm

We'll probably get ****-tons of snow here in NEPA. Why? Because I sold my plow truck last week. :yesnod: Why did I sell my plow truck? Because last year we didn't get any plowable snow. :rolleyes:

lspencer534 10-04-2020 6:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1811171)

"temperamental"

Hence the quotes around that word.:slap:

99 pewtercoupe 10-04-2020 7:15pm

The Southeastern part of the country, excluding the Tennessee Valley, will experience average precipitation levels with temperatures chillier than normal overall.

Stock up on gin be prepared for the cats wanting to stay inside :seasix:

Rikki Z-06 10-04-2020 7:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1811178)
We'll probably get ****-tons of snow here in NEPA. Why? Because I sold my plow truck last week. :yesnod: Why did I sell my plow truck? Because last year we didn't get any plowable snow. :rolleyes:

:kick:

99 pewtercoupe 10-04-2020 7:38pm

Quote:

Born and raised in central PA and I don’t miss that white shit one little bit.

Rikki Z-06 10-04-2020 8:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1811191)

:withstupid:

Born and raised in Northern Wisconsin, and I don't miss that white shit one little bit. :yesnod:

JRD77VET 10-04-2020 8:18pm

Quote:

When I helped move my dad and step mom to NC from PA, part of my payment was Dad's snowblower.

We didn't didn't get much snow in PA at all and they got hit with multiple snows :rofl:

My Dad did keep his snow shovel, it made "laps" around the block every time it snowed. They were amazed how well it worked. :D

ratflinger 10-04-2020 9:13pm

Snow??? What is snow?

Anjdog2003 10-05-2020 2:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1811199)

Born and raised in Northern Wisconsin, and I don't miss that white shit one little bit. :yesnod:

Born and raised in So. Cal, and i don't miss that white shit either. :yesnod:

mrvette 10-05-2020 2:24am

I saw just a hint of snow ONCE in the last 23 years......:seasix:

Giraffe (He/Him) 10-05-2020 3:09am

I’m ready. Bring on the blizzards and -20°.

Olustee bus 10-05-2020 3:39am

The cold showery weather for the SE started today in Northeast Florida. You must be some kind of genius Spence!

MadInNc 10-05-2020 7:52am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1811191)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 (Post 1811199)

shitcago and north Wisc where I grew up. Snow was a known. Meh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1811208)
When I helped move my dad and step mom to NC from PA, part of my payment was Dad's snowblower.

We didn't didn't get much snow in PA at all and they got hit with multiple snows :rofl:

My Dad did keep his snow shovel, it made "laps" around the block every time it snowed. They were amazed how well it worked. :D

First yr we moved here ~20+ yrs ago was slammed with ~30” of snow. I made kids et al shovel the driveway. Glad I did as most people were literally frozen in place when thaw started :rofl:

Don’t miss snow one bit. Now when it happens it’s the milk and bread, beer and cigs run and hunker down for a few days. Only people from NJ and idiots drive on the roads/ hills here

Cybercowboy 10-05-2020 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1811171)

"temperamental"

Which pretty much perfectly describes the winters here in SW Missouri. It can be 75 degrees one day, and 9 the next.

MadInNc 10-05-2020 9:07am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1811294)
The cold showery weather for the SE started today in Northeast Florida. You must be some kind of genius Spence!

Like this?

dvarapala 10-05-2020 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1811291)
Born and raised in So. Cal, and i don't miss that white shit either. :yesnod:

I see it every winter as I gaze up at the San Gabriels. :p

mrvette 10-05-2020 11:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1811368)
I see it every winter as I gaze up at the San Gabriels. :p

My son is a Sirveyor in Ca. lives just north of Sacto in the valley.....Grass Valley, elevation 3400'........

hell of a valley eh??? hell of a meteor strike to make the specific ocean, Hawaii, and the surrounding mountains all around that ocean.....:issues:

Anjdog2003 10-05-2020 1:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1811292)
I saw just a hint of snow ONCE in the last 23 years......:seasix:

I see it every winter in the mountains from my house where it's between 75-80 degrees. :seasix: